GRIFFIN v. UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INCORPORATED

Inthegame

Not sure how anyone could argue with this reasoning.
Well I'd argue common decency but that seldom applies in the world of profit first, people who cares. A twenty eight year employee, most of which was in management, and that's how he's treated for going out on a disability for three months. I'm not questioning the courts decision, I agree they got it right according to the law, but UPS could have avoided the whole mess by giving the guy his last assignment back. It's a lousy way to treat someone after that many years of service.

j13501

but UPS could have avoided the whole mess by giving the guy his last assignment back. It's a lousy way to treat someone after that many years of service.

First the guy goes out on stress, then when he comes back and get's assigned to the night sort, he states he's "disabled", and can't work nights. Any person, either hourly or management deserves respect, but it's a two-way street. You have to earn respect to have other's respect you. This case reads like someone was trying pick his own job assignment, and when he didn't get what he wanted, he sued. I agree that the right decision was made.

Inthegame

First the guy goes out on stress, then when he comes back and get's assigned to the night sort, he states he's "disabled", and can't work nights. Any person, either hourly or management deserves respect, but it's a two-way street. You have to earn respect to have other's respect you. This case reads like someone was trying pick his own job assignment, and when he didn't get what he wanted, he sued. I agree that the right decision was made.
He is an insulin dependent diabetic and a manager at UPS...I guessing he's got a little stress. All he was looking for was the assignment he had when he left. Not trying to "pick" anything more. He retired when he didn't get the old position back. The courts decision is correct, he didn't fit the criteria. But slice or dice it any way you want and it doesn't absolve UPS it's responsibility of decency.
Twenty eight years and out with the trash. What about dignity and respect for all employees? I'm not in the habit of going to bat for management...they made their choice. I just think UPS would be better served from ALL their employees if they practiced what they preach when they brag they're "a people company".