Grill It Baby!

Mushrooms,Sea salt and Olive Oil!
20140817_172912.jpg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Ribs (not today's because I got them on late and don't want to open the smoker yet). Just a salt, pepper and secret pork rub. About 250º for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.

ribs.jpg

Earlier this week.

pizza.jpg

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
We haven't done very well with pizza yet. The crust has been too chewy or has been blackened on the bottom. Our neighbor recently built a wood burning pizza oven in his back yard and the pizzas he gave us were amazing.

He said the secret is in making your own dough. He made a bunch of attempts with different recipes before figuring out what worked best in his oven. We have always cheated and bought the premade dough from trader joes. He said if you're using that kind it needs to be proofed before adding the toppings.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yes it could totally makes a difference...use bottled water. Or some NY tap water if you could.

We have really good municipal water here. I know how good NYC water is rated, and ours is equal.

I've been using all-purpose flour, and want to try bread flour.

I use the dough cycle on my bread machine, and take it out after the first rise. Punch it down, make a ball and let it rise again. That always works when I'm baking French or Italian bread.

I'll figure it out. It still tastes good.

Cheryl, I bake my pizza on pans over the diffuser as high in the dome as possible around 500*.

Much hotter and the bottom burns before the top cooks.

Check out kamadoguru.com. (Am I allowed to post other forums here?;))