Ground and Express Drivers are EXACTLY Alike!!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
UPS and Express (Add Purolator up here in Canada) all pay well over $25/hour here. So then why is it considered fair that Ground drivers be paid minimum wage (or just above)? The market for three of Ground contemporaries allows for a livable wage.

I don't know if it's fair that Ground drivers get paid what they do. My first concern is why are they so accepting of such a low rate when better paying jobs are available. There are two possible answers to that; they either like the deal they're getting now or they can't get one of the better jobs. In the case of the former, more power to them. In the case of the latter, why bust someone's balls when they're paying their employees better than anyone else is willing to pay them????

If there's anyone who wants to put his money where his mouth is, let him buy some Ground routes and offer the pay he thinks the drivers should get and show us all how it's done.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Because Ground drivers are tatted up ex cons.

Do you find it as funny as I do that MFE will say that Ground drivers are underpaid victims who are being screwed out of money, then he'll turn around and say that they're not worth anything?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do you find it as funny as I do that MFE will say that Ground drivers are underpaid victims who are being screwed out of money, then he'll turn around and say that they're not worth anything?

Most Ground drivers I've run across are both unprofessional and incompetent, like you in your job as corporate shill. Not worth very much, but still underpaid relative to the rest of the market.

vantexan

I don't know if it's fair that Ground drivers get paid what they do. My first concern is why are they so accepting of such a low rate when better paying jobs are available. There are two possible answers to that; they either like the deal they're getting now or they can't get one of the better jobs. In the case of the former, more power to them. In the case of the latter, why bust someone's balls when they're paying their employees better than anyone else is willing to pay them????

If there's anyone who wants to put his money where his mouth is, let him buy some Ground routes and offer the pay he thinks the drivers should get and show us all how it's done.

Sorry, I was paid so poorly that I could never afford to buy Ground routes. It's interesting that under different laws in Canada Express employees top out in 5 years. FedEx doesn't want them to unionize so they take care of them. Express employees are unionized in Europe too. Again, different laws. Funny how it isn't about what the market will bear. Apparently as long as they can pay off the right Congressmen here it's perfectly fine to crap all over Express employees and especially Ground drivers. Spin it any way you want but they do what they do so the exec's can cash in on stock options. It's absolutely pathetic to take away the traditional pension and stretch top out times to 20+ years to make the rich richer. And those who defend it usually have a stake in seeing higher stock prices. If you care about your bank account more than your fellow man you have twisted priorities.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS and Express (Add Purolator up here in Canada) all pay well over $25/hour here. So then why is it considered fair that Ground drivers be paid minimum wage (or just above)? The market for three of Ground contemporaries allows for a livable wage.

I never said it was fair.

My wage allows me to do much more that just survive.

dezguy

Sorry, I was paid so poorly that I could never afford to buy Ground routes. It's interesting that under different laws in Canada Express employees top out in 5 years. FedEx doesn't want them to unionize so they take care of them. Express employees are unionized in Europe too. Again, different laws. Funny how it isn't about what the market will bear. Apparently as long as they can pay off the right Congressmen here it's perfectly fine to crap all over Express employees and especially Ground drivers. Spin it any way you want but they do what they do so the exec's can cash in on stock options. It's absolutely pathetic to take away the traditional pension and stretch top out times to 20+ years to make the rich richer. And those who defend it usually have a stake in seeing higher stock prices. If you care about your bank account more than your fellow man you have twisted priorities.

Express employees do not top out in 5 years in Canada. I have over ten years with Express and am still no where near top out. That's with at least a 6.6 review every year.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well that's great for you but wouldn't be possible without the teamsters. So please save the high and mighty attitude.

He hates unions, but he belongs to one and happily accepts the high wages and benefits. Then, he comes on here and preaches to us about how we're not worth any more than we're being paid. HYPOCRITE.

vantexan

Express employees do not top out in 5 years in Canada. I have over ten years with Express and am still no where near top out. That's with at least a 6.6 review every year.

​My apologies then. Someone posted here awhile back that Express employees in Canada top out in 5 years.

It's not a matter of market forces, it's a matter of conscience. If a business owner/contractor has the ability to pay better and still do well then he should, pure and simple. Where are the stockholders he's liable to? I'm not saying pay them as much as he makes, just do better by them. If a business owner pays the bare minimum he can get away with, then spends the excess on a large house, an extremely expensive car, jewels for the wife, etc while they barely scrape by, he's not a decent person in my book. Some things are more important than having material wealth.
Thank you vantexan for understanding how business works. Every single one of my employees have come to me Asking for the job, not shackled to it for the fear of their lives. They do get benefits, above averages wages, 3 weeks vacation, and helluva Christmas bonus . I'm sorry if that comes across as an insult to you. Tell them that they work for **** wages and see what they say. I guarantee you they are completely happy as they are definitely not overworked and they are appreciated. Sounds like a happy camp for ALL of us ( except you)