Ground and Express

kickpackage1

Fedex sets the pick up times up and then turns around and fines you for being early or late so much for owning your own business although contractor agrees to it but what choice do you really have !! NONE

MassWineGuy

I've not worked at Esxpress long, but my experience is that if I'm early to a business stop, they may not have everything ready to go. I don't want to wait or double back later, so I try to arrive after the ready time. And definitely before the close time. I believe that for soome, if not all, types of service, a late get the customer a free shipment.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Fedex sets the pick up times up and then turns around and fines you for being early or late so much for owning your own business although contractor agrees to it but what choice do you really have !! NONE
Why that would make you guys all............(gulp) employees.

Ground = 100% scam.

hypo hanna

I've not worked at Esxpress long, but my experience is that if I'm early to a business stop, they may not have everything ready to go. I don't want to wait or double back later, so I try to arrive after the ready time. And definitely before the close time. I believe that for soome, if not all, types of service, a late get the customer a free shipment.
Only if they file a claim.

It will be fine

Why that would make you guys all............(gulp) employees.

Ground = 100% scam.
The customers set the pickup times. If you are good, you can convince them to be ready when your driver is in the area. It's not always possible, but with proper resources it's not typically difficult to accommodate an hour pickup window. Pretending customers have no say in when they get a pickup is nonsense in this industry.

kickpackage1

The customers set the pickup times. If you are good, you can convince them to be ready when your driver is in the area. It's not always possible, but with proper resources it's not typically difficult to accommodate an hour pickup window. Pretending customers have no say in when they get a pickup is nonsense in this industry.
Doesn't matter who it fedex or the customer it should be between the business owner of the route not fedex discussing the times some of these routes are so far out some drivers barely have to go make pu on time especially getting out late every day

kickpackage1

2 of my friends that own a route they were already notified their contracts will not be renewed because of the ISP switch total crap now they will be stuck with a truck if they can't sell they loose it

gixxer squid

"It's fine" is correct. Customer sets the time, not fedex. Your rep meets with potential shippers and establishes pickup window. Difficulty lies in fact that rep has a quota for new business and they don't know how many sch u already have. Our heavier route had 32 daily pickups not including FDO's. We had 22 pickup between 4-5 pm window. 3 of those pickups where daily bulk with over 30 boxes everyday. Now you go figure 22 stops in 1 hour with a 10 mile loop in afternoon traffic. Lol. Creativity and relationships are the only way this can happen

We ended up adding another truck to help multiple routes because of this. Sucks to scan a late puckup especially when you code 20 and nothing was even there to be picked up

However,CPC can and will extend window if you communicate PRIOR to window closing

Just an FYI. I would love to blame fedex for this but honestly it's not them to blame. Every customer wants pickup between 4-5. I have personally spoken with shippers and requested permanent window changes, most, not all, shippers will work with you if you ask. Make changes with shipper then call CPC to verify the needed changes and they will confirm then you are good to go

Yes it's a stiff fine, 80 in my area but if you communicate, Lates should never really occur

gixxer squid

2 of my friends that own a route they were already notified their contracts will not be renewed because of the ISP switch total crap now they will be stuck with a truck if they can't sell they loose it

ISP announced oct. Contractors have ample time to sell or join forces to get to scale..... Obviously joining with another contractor way to go unless they want out of business

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
"It's fine" is correct. Customer sets the time, not fedex. Your rep meets with potential shippers and establishes pickup window. Difficulty lies in fact that rep has a quota for new business and they don't know how many sch u already have. Our heavier route had 32 daily pickups not including FDO's. We had 22 pickup between 4-5 pm window. 3 of those pickups where daily bulk with over 30 boxes everyday. Now you go figure 22 stops in 1 hour with a 10 mile loop in afternoon traffic. Lol. Creativity and relationships are the only way this can happen
Or come on over to express and have a bunch of 1600 - 1700 on-calls thrown in the mix too.