Ground / Express

footsnake

If the two companies operated as one do you think peak would of been any better for our customers? Our genius SM mandated that no P2 was to be delivered that was not due on set delivery date be pulled from the belt and loaded into cans, and take a full hour break and not to go over 12 hours this caused major back up and bit SM in the -ss thousands of pkgs sitting on floor of station, no direction or communication from management they lost total control of operation and employees felt if they didn't care why should they. Someone should be held responsible for this major disappointment to our customers. Wake up executive management you reap what you have sowed.

MAKAVELI

If the two companies operated as one do you think peak would of been any better for our customers? Our genius SM mandated that no P2 was to be delivered that was not due on set delivery date be pulled from the belt and loaded into cans, and take a full hour break and not to go over 12 hours this caused major back up and bit SM in the -ss thousands of pkgs sitting on floor of station, no direction or communication from management they lost total control of operation and employees felt if they didn't care why should they. Someone should be held responsible for this major disappointment to our customers. Wake up executive management you reap what you have sowed.
It's sad to say but the old man and his regime will only take action if the stock drops as a result of this failure. They are counting on customers forgetting about this cluster in a month from now and going back to business as usual. And yes I think it would have been better if both opco operated as one. Probably not great but better.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It would have been worse. Having two separate companies is what kept us from falling as behind as UPS.

What? UPS did far better than we did at handling peak. Their issues in no way equal our problems. Maybe you're in one of those miracle stations that don't have 10,000 pkgs sitting on the floor, or maybe even in a can still at the ramp.

El Morado Diablo

UPS isn't winning the PR campaign by not having their drivers on the road today (volunteers or voluntolds). It would have shown they were taking the public's concerns seriously had they made that move.

overflowed

On Christmas? At the very least it gave the customers a chance to try and go pick their stuff up, however futile that would be.

FedExRookie

Do we know for sure brown is any further behind than us?

I live in the NE region and have a lot of family down south. They are WAY behind, especially in Texas, go look at CNN.com.

I personally had a package go out for delivery with UPS 5 times and i'm still waiting. I'll probably put a Hold At Location (not sure what UPS calls it) tonight.

FedExRookie

You keep believing that bro when next year's raise comes up and they are raking in billions in profit. This is what they want you to believe.

You're only proving my point.....

I"m not saying we will get to enjoy the fruits of our labor; however, if they are raking in billions it's because FedEx's multiple entity strategy is working...

If all of you got off your anti-FedEx high horse you could see the truth and the lies. So much sensationalism going on in this forum. I'm not saying the Company is as great as it use to be, or that it will ever get there again, but with pure sensationalism and blind sided hate you all will see no progress in the direction you want from this company.

As I've said before, i am almost done with my schooling and start an internship soon, I will gone soon and am glad I decided to complete my education.

MAKAVELI

I"m not saying we will get to enjoy the fruits of our labor; however, if they are raking in billions it's because FedEx's multiple entity strategy is working...

If all of you got off your anti-FedEx high horse you could see the truth and the lies. So much sensationalism going on in this forum. I'm not saying the Company is as great as it use to be, or that it will ever get there again, but with pure sensationalism and blind sided hate you all will see no progress in the direction you want from this company.

As I've said before, i am almost done with my schooling and start an internship soon, I will gone soon and am glad I decided to complete my education.
The only point I'm making is that separating the opco is to increase profit not service.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
So if we lose the blind-sided hatred, we will begin to see progress in the direction we want from this company? That's all it will take?... The solution was all so simple. I feel so foolish now. I thank you for opening my eyes.

DontThrowPackages

So if we lose the blind-sided hatred, we will begin to see progress in the direction we want from this company? That's all it will take?... The solution was all so simple. I feel so foolish now. I thank you for opening my eyes.
He just came to see and hold the baby. He's not staying to raise it.

FUFred

You are the employee this company wants. I was with express for 9.5 years, not as long as a lot of the guys on here, but long enough. When you step out of the smoke and mirrors, you stop being force feed bs and look at it from the outside, you my friend are wrong, very wrong. You said your in school, I'm assuming your young, haven't worked for Fedex very long. I too started while I was in college as a handler when fedex had casual position, 6-8 hours week no benefits. Then I went to the ramp part time became a ramp agent/ team leader( more responsibility no extra pay) on to a courier then full time swing. I though this company was great. I thought just like you did. I would bust my hump , move mountains for years. For what?
I started the management program, got through most of it and then I saw the lies first hand. I was told right to my face, you'll have issues, complaints, just toss them out, pretend you didn't hear it, if it comes back again then try to take care of it. I was told so much more bs, lies and I just couldn't do it. If you wait long enough people forget that their package was lost, damage, late etc. I'd do a full 10-11 then follow the night mgr, he was purple bleeder, dumb as then come guy.
You really want to educate yourself look up my posts, I started. Look at what I wrote about after I got fired, I don't have many. See what happens when fedex come to an unemployment hearing and you have a lawyer, they simply leave. This company's cares only about the stock, that's it. They love people like you, you just lake the fedex life experiences, hopefully you will read in between the lines and leave this company. Best of luck to you.

MaineGroundDriver

I was thinking as I drove home at 9:45 AM on the 24th, Express could probably use a hand .. too bad it's not set up so we could do so .. and no, I'm not being sarcastic ..

FedExRookie

No, once you end your blind sided hatred, you can focus on making the proper steps to attempt to fix what is broken.