Ground / Express

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by footsnake, Dec 25, 2013.

1. footsnake

footsnake New Member

If the two companies operated as one do you think peak would of been any better for our customers? Our genius SM mandated that no P2 was to be delivered that was not due on set delivery date be pulled from the belt and loaded into cans, and take a full hour break and not to go over 12 hours this caused major back up and bit SM in the -ss thousands of pkgs sitting on floor of station, no direction or communication from management they lost total control of operation and employees felt if they didn't care why should they. Someone should be held responsible for this major disappointment to our customers. Wake up executive management you reap what you have sowed.

2. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

It's sad to say but the old man and his regime will only take action if the stock drops as a result of this failure. They are counting on customers forgetting about this cluster in a month from now and going back to business as usual. And yes I think it would have been better if both opco operated as one. Probably not great but better.

3. FedExRookie

FedExRookie Member

It would have been worse. Having two separate companies is what kept us from falling as behind as UPS.

4. MAKAVELI

You keep believing that bro when next year's raise comes up and they are raking in billions in profit. This is what they want you to believe.

5. DontThrowPackages

DontThrowPackages Well-Known Member

Do we know for sure brown is any further behind than us?

6. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

What? UPS did far better than we did at handling peak. Their issues in no way equal our problems. Maybe you're in one of those miracle stations that don't have 10,000 pkgs sitting on the floor, or maybe even in a can still at the ramp.

7. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

I doubt it. They just decided to admit they won't be delivering everything by today.

8. El Morado Diablo

El Morado Diablo Active Member

UPS isn't winning the PR campaign by not having their drivers on the road today (volunteers or voluntolds). It would have shown they were taking the public's concerns seriously had they made that move.

9. overflowed

On Christmas? At the very least it gave the customers a chance to try and go pick their stuff up, however futile that would be.

10. FedExRookie

FedExRookie Member

I live in the NE region and have a lot of family down south. They are WAY behind, especially in Texas, go look at CNN.com.

I personally had a package go out for delivery with UPS 5 times and i'm still waiting. I'll probably put a Hold At Location (not sure what UPS calls it) tonight.

11. FedExRookie

FedExRookie Member

You're only proving my point.....

I"m not saying we will get to enjoy the fruits of our labor; however, if they are raking in billions it's because FedEx's multiple entity strategy is working...

If all of you got off your anti-FedEx high horse you could see the truth and the lies. So much sensationalism going on in this forum. I'm not saying the Company is as great as it use to be, or that it will ever get there again, but with pure sensationalism and blind sided hate you all will see no progress in the direction you want from this company.

As I've said before, i am almost done with my schooling and start an internship soon, I will gone soon and am glad I decided to complete my education.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. MAKAVELI

The only point I'm making is that separating the opco is to increase profit not service.

13. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

So if we lose the blind-sided hatred, we will begin to see progress in the direction we want from this company? That's all it will take?... The solution was all so simple. I feel so foolish now. I thank you for opening my eyes.

14. DontThrowPackages

DontThrowPackages Well-Known Member

He just came to see and hold the baby. He's not staying to raise it.

15. FUFred

FUFred Active Member

16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

SDWC

17. I was thinking as I drove home at 9:45 AM on the 24th, Express could probably use a hand .. too bad it's not set up so we could do so .. and no, I'm not being sarcastic ..

18. overflowed

They'd rather you shovel snow at 1500.

19. MAKAVELI

Or something brown and stinky.:D

20. FedExRookie

FedExRookie Member

No, once you end your blind sided hatred, you can focus on making the proper steps to attempt to fix what is broken.