Ground/HD Code 34?

rready15

Other ISPs in my station have been scanning their closed businesses and/or residentals with signature requirements as a code 34 when they can't get someone to sign for it. That way, they need not use 04/07, and it doesn't impact their monthly bonus. It seems to be happening with local management approval but it seems wrong. Does anyone else do this?

bbsam

Staff member
Other ISPs in my station have been scanning their closed businesses and/or residentals with signature requirements as a code 34 when they can't get someone to sign for it. That way, they need not use 04/07, and it doesn't impact their monthly bonus. It seems to be happening with local management approval but it seems wrong. Does anyone else do this?
Some around here do it with 04's. 07's don't count against monthly service bonus. Seems to have grudging approval because there is discrepancy with the ISP contract on what is and is not supposed to count against service. 02's (incorrect delivery address) also impact this calculation and is being contested. The ISP agreement defines exactly what is and what is not supposed to be used to determine the bonus, but Pittsburgh is being ridiculously slow in rectifying the situation.

golfgod00

well in kansas they play 20questions when we use this.

rready15

I can't reply to a private message that I recieved, but a code 34 means "Inventory - Request Future Delivery". The only time I've ever seen it used legitimately would be if the isp/driver called the recipient and they were out of town, and they did not attempt to deliver because they knew nobody would be available.

I have noticed now that the QA girl gets really annoyed when lookups get brought to the cage with codes 01/07/34 on them!

HomeDelivery

thanks for that update... HD in my hubs aren't allowed to use that code; but Ground can

we can use 07 without penalties against their monthly bonus...

FedExer267

We are not allowed to use that code either. If we show up to a business that is closed for inventory, We have been told to code them 04 not 34. It is our fault we dont know they are having Inventory that day. The only way I have ever known is if the reciever has said something to me. If they don't tell me I do not have anyway of knowing. 04 it is. Not like I see any of the bonus anyways.

HomeDelivery

slightly off-topic

when does "black friday" became a holiday? we were instructed to use code 83 (business closed due to holiday- attempted delivery)

SmithBarney

Depends on the business(express side) such as Walmart wanting no deliveries(except pharmacy/eye doctor) Others we are asked to fill out close sheets for as many as we can.

CJinx

Can we use a 03 (Unable to Locate Recipient Address) to circumvent 02?
02/03 both hit service, but they will be exempted if station personnel address correct, redirect to hold, or return the package to the shipper.

edit: oh wow, old thread... Nice necropost. lol