Ground Hog Day

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by tarbar66, Jan 31, 2011.

1. tarbar66

tarbar66 Member

This Wednesday is the 125th Celebration of Punxsy Phil making his prognostication.

Have you ever been there?

I would like to go someday.

I could care less.

2. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Taste`s like chicken.

3. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I've run over a bunch in the truck and it's a hell of a bump. Maybe next time I'll stop and pick it up and make some soup.

4. tarbar66

tarbar66 Member

:happy2:

I didn't know there were woodchucks in California

5. DS

DS Fenderbender

We are lookin' at at least a foot of snow and Wiarton Willy would be a :censored2: groundhog to even bother.

6. Pkgrunner

Pkgrunner Service Provider

Who needs a rodent when you have Costco....beach chairs are selling quickly so we only have two more weeks of winter left:happy-very:

7. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

8. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Just over a three hour roadtrip and I have absolutely no interest in going. Saw the movie and that was enough for me.

9. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Is that the movie where that nerdy guy gets the really big girls underwear??

10. klein

klein Für Meno :)

The spirit and fun of Groundhog Day has caught on in many parts of the world including Canada.
    Some of the country’s most famed groundhogs include Ontario’s Wiarton Willie, Nova Scotia’s Shubenacadie Sam, and Alberta’s Balzac Billie.
    In the US, Punxsutawney Phil is the most notable groundhog weather prognosticator.

So, I got Balzac Billie tomorrow, see what he does ! :)

11. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

This is the only Balzac I know. I bet he'll predict the weather if you asked.

12. klein

The first ground hogs are already out :

Shubenacadie Sam and Punxsutawney Phil agree, Spring is near! Come on Wiarton Willie, we'll see you in 10 minutes...

Balzac Willie is out in the west, will be a while for him yet - but, I think he's most important - he's responsible for all those famous "Alberta Clippers" !

UPDATE : Good news : Wiarton Willie just seen his shadow, too ! 3 for 3 so far ! :)

13. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

You got it Bass-ackwards...... NO SHADOW = early spring.

The weather-forecasting rodent failed to see his shadow upon emerging from his hibernation

14. klein

Whatever, I didn't bother to know what they need to see or not see. I just know they all predicted early spring ! Sorry, my mistake.

Kinda hard to see a shadow when they are in the middle of a winter storm blizzard - not fair ! LOL

15. tarbar66

tarbar66 Member

My official reporter from Punxsutawney just checked in and told me the weather was really a mixed bag. Rain, sun, thunder, lightning and hail within 1 hour! Phil also predicted a Steeler win in the Super Bowl.

16. klein

I'm still waiting for Balzac Billy.... if he does see his shadow, then you might as well take the other 3, and de-skin them, and make some warm winter gloves out of them !

17. cachsux

cachsux Wah

It`s nice to see you admit at least once that you just ramble for the sake of it with little regard for accuracy or even being correct.

18. klein

My name isn't Tieguy !!!

19. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

"Shallow Hal"

20. klein

4 out of 4 now, Alberta's Balzac Billie didn't see his shadow, either.
    No more Alberta Clippers for the US Midwest :)