Ground Hog Day

tarbar66

This Wednesday is the 125th Celebration of Punxsy Phil making his prognostication.

Have you ever been there?

I would like to go someday.

I could care less.

DS

Fenderbender
We are lookin' at at least a foot of snow and Wiarton Willy would be a :censored2: groundhog to even bother.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Who needs a rodent when you have Costco....beach chairs are selling quickly so we only have two more weeks of winter left:happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Groundhog_Day_Obama.jpg

klein

Für Meno :)
The spirit and fun of Groundhog Day has caught on in many parts of the world including Canada.
Some of the country’s most famed groundhogs include Ontario’s Wiarton Willie, Nova Scotia’s Shubenacadie Sam, and Alberta’s Balzac Billie.
In the US, Punxsutawney Phil is the most notable groundhog weather prognosticator.

So, I got Balzac Billie tomorrow, see what he does ! :)

Nimnim

The Nim
The spirit and fun of Groundhog Day has caught on in many parts of the world including Canada.
Some of the country’s most famed groundhogs include Ontario’s Wiarton Willie, Nova Scotia’s Shubenacadie Sam, and Alberta’s Balzac Billie.
In the US, Punxsutawney Phil is the most notable groundhog weather prognosticator.

So, I got Balzac Billie tomorrow, see what he does ! :)

This is the only Balzac I know. I bet he'll predict the weather if you asked.

klein

The first ground hogs are already out :

Shubenacadie Sam and Punxsutawney Phil agree, Spring is near! Come on Wiarton Willie, we'll see you in 10 minutes...

Balzac Willie is out in the west, will be a while for him yet - but, I think he's most important - he's responsible for all those famous "Alberta Clippers" !

UPDATE : Good news : Wiarton Willie just seen his shadow, too ! 3 for 3 so far ! :)

moreluck

golden ticket member
You got it Bass-ackwards...... NO SHADOW = early spring.

The weather-forecasting rodent failed to see his shadow upon emerging from his hibernation

klein

You got it Bass-ackwards...... NO SHADOW = early spring.

The weather-forecasting rodent failed to see his shadow upon emerging from his hibernation,

Whatever, I didn't bother to know what they need to see or not see. I just know they all predicted early spring ! Sorry, my mistake.

Kinda hard to see a shadow when they are in the middle of a winter storm blizzard - not fair ! LOL

tarbar66

My official reporter from Punxsutawney just checked in and told me the weather was really a mixed bag. Rain, sun, thunder, lightning and hail within 1 hour! Phil also predicted a Steeler win in the Super Bowl.

klein

I'm still waiting for Balzac Billy.... if he does see his shadow, then you might as well take the other 3, and de-skin them, and make some warm winter gloves out of them !

Whatever, I didn't bother to know what they need to see or not see. I just know they all predicted early spring ! Sorry, my mistake.

Kinda hard to see a shadow when they are in the middle of a winter storm blizzard - not fair ! LOL

It`s nice to see you admit at least once that you just ramble for the sake of it with little regard for accuracy or even being correct.

klein

4 out of 4 now, Alberta's Balzac Billie didn't see his shadow, either.
No more Alberta Clippers for the US Midwest :)