Ground is a scam

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

Good luck with your future attempts with GED.
I earned my BA degree while doing combat tours in OIF/OEF, you condescending punk. Thats Iraq and Afghanistan if you're too stupid to know. I type fast because I have a life outside of bitching about FedEx, as fun as it is. I never once insulted you, yet you have the audacity to judge me from a few misspelled words? Sad life. I spent 20+ years in the service as an engineer. I bet my pension is more than your yearly salary.

FedEx916

I earned my BA degree while doing combat tours in OIF/OEF, you condescending punk. Thats Iraq and Afghanistan if you're too stupid to know. I type fast because I have a life outside of bitching about FedEx, as fun as it is. I never once insulted you, yet you have the audacity to judge me from a few misspelled words? Sad life. I spent 20+ years in the service as an engineer. I bet my pension is more than your yearly salary.

At risk of offending you (which is not my intention at all) I must ask... If you are doing so well, why even bother with a company you can't stand? Why not enjoy the excellent pension and if idle hands need work, take up a job that doesn't make you so unhappy?

bbsam

Staff member
GROUND IS A HUGE SCAM! Theres so much corruption here its not even funny anymore. I was a former courier and i quit because the micromanagement was so bad. the only thing worse than express is ground! im lazy and not the most gung ho driver and im like the hardest working one here. i see drivers DL packages to their houses. i have also seen driver sign for direct signs and keep the package until the customer comes to pick it up. i tell people as much as i can to never use fedex. we routinely smash boxes on accident because my idiot co workers throw stuff and drop stuff. ground needs to be exposed for what it is,.... a scam
Tours of duty in the service and this is what you are in civilian life? Really?

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

I like to stay in shape. My WADS system makes my job very stress free, but it's not for everyone. If I get fired, I don't care. I like to complain because it's cathartic sometimes. Sorry for jumping down your throat. No offense taken :)

FedEx916

I like to stay in shape. My WADS system makes my job very stress free, but it's not for everyone. If I get fired, I don't care. I like to complain because it's cathartic sometimes. Sorry for jumping down your throat. No offense taken :)

If I had somewhere else I could be, I would be there. Living by the WAD lifestyle, I have no stress either, but being up to my eyelids in the fedex bs makes me sick. If I were you, I'd get a gym membership.. In a heartbeat I would do it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Hey, you are sympatico with most of us here, and I personally find you refreshing. Fred can't contract Express out because of FAA/SIDA concerns, but he would if he could.

bbsam

Staff member
Hey, you are sympatico with most of us here, and I personally find you refreshing. Fred can't contract Express out because of FAA/SIDA concerns, but he would if he could.
Correction. He can't contract out ALL of Express.

bbsam

Staff member
Well that's just for the, "If Fred could, he would have by now" crowd. Just because he doesn't doesn't mean he can't.

fedupped

You have some good points. Although they were a little all over the place. We can put our dusty degrees on the same mantle. You seem to be overqualified for such grunt work given your obvious frustration with both sides of the company. Although I agree that a layoff of express is possible, I still cannot see the possibility of contracting Express.

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

I bet you he runs them 11:59. At 12 hours they get time and a half. Minimum wage x 2 is about 13 bucks an hour. Not a bad days pay. I'm so very grateful to have such a rewarding career. Maybe one day I can be cool enough to get rid of the V on my id card.

Hate 150lb Packages

I hardly ever hit 12 hours, in fact I rarely hit 10. The Ground drivers here that do routinely are well compensated. Or atleast what > I < consider well compensated in comparison to my salary! I'm sure my weekly bonus for heavy volume/peak is the equivalent of what Fred S uses to blow his nose.