Ground meeting tomorrow

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Yup.
You guys are gonna be delivering pkgs. that have a letter "E" on them and are "2 day" or, "Express Saver".
Why do you think the ground and Express power pads are the same now?

SmithBarney

Lose hours? I've been 55+ for the past 3 weeks, I pray It keeps up, I'm PT and the "foodstamps" SNAP/WIC
benefits are helpful, but not enough.

vantexan

Lose hours? I've been 55+ for the past 3 weeks, I pray It keeps up, I'm PT and the "foodstamps" SNAP/WIC
benefits are helpful, but not enough.

What I mean is if P2 goes to Ground many of us at Express are looking at 35 hrs. With the new pay plan it'll take us years to get back up to what we used to make on 40 if Ground gets our P2.

SmithBarney

I agree, I don't see it happening yet... but Im sure someone somewhere has crunched the numbers, and someone else crunched the legal side of it.

vantexan

I agree, I don't see it happening yet... but Im sure someone somewhere has crunched the numbers, and someone else crunched the legal side of it.

Yeah, if it's legal to do they'll probably do it. Most likely if there's another major downturn in the economy they'll use that as an excuse.

Lucho Kaiser

If Mr. 7 is correct, it may be our best bet as couriers, especially ones with some seniority to find the closest ramp and get a FT spot there as a teamlead or something. I think when I last looked it was less then $1/hr pay cut from courier to teamleader position but from my past at a ramp hours were abundant (pt 25-35 and ft 45-60hrs weekly) and seniority easier to gain faster. Even if Ground delivers all 2 day, its still got to go on a flight to be on time, it flat out wouldnt be logistically possible to truck it. Agfs side of fedex wont experience a difference in hours I imagine if this happened. May be something to look into only thing is the hours wouldnt be near as nice as being a courier, My wife and kids would hate it....

Mom

We had a meeting regarding the fact X was going to be checking up on newly formed ISP entities to make sure they are treating their drivers as employees, as required by the Almighty Agreement. No big deal, been doing it for years. Saw a few other dudes drop a load in their pants though. I'm assuming this was a system-wide thing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We had a meeting regarding the fact X was going to be checking up on newly formed ISP entities to make sure they are treating their drivers as employees, as required by the Almighty Agreement. No big deal, been doing it for years. Saw a few other dudes drop a load in their pants though. I'm assuming this was a system-wide thing.

They are employees, of the Federal Express Corporation, P.O. Box 727, Memphis, TN 38194. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. Express runs all the opcos. Only the scams have been changed to protect the guilty.

bbsam

Staff member

Yeah. Pretty boring.

bbsam

Staff member
An objective view of the ISP model would show that, from a purely business point of view, that it makes a lot of sense.
MFE is employing the Fox News model for his own aims. He believes if he keeps repeating his opinion over and over, it will become seen as fact. If he could get something like Murdoch's billions behind his message, he might have a shot.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is Business 101 that your profit is in direct rato to your overhead.

I am not going to argue whether the wage Ground drivers earn is a liveable wage--that is up to each driver to decide for themselves. All I am saying is that if you keep your labor costs down and undercut your competition by 10% (or more) your business will grow.

Look for UPS to begin addressing the wage differential in 2013 by discussing a two-tiered wage system for new FT drivers with a longer progession and lower top out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
An objective view of the ISP model would show that, from a purely business point of view, that it makes a lot of sense.

It makes a lot of sense from the perspective of the FedEx Corp. They get to operate their entire Ground operation as an arm of the corporation, directly managed by the corporation, and then pretend that it's a bunch of "independent business people" who run the show. Maybe you buy that...I do not. And if I sound like a broken record, that's too bad, because I don't have Fred's (or Rupert's) millions behind me. If Fred didn't give so generously to politicians, Ground wouldn't be able to exist in it's present form.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It is Business 101 that your profit is in direct rato to your overhead.

I am not going to argue whether the wage Ground drivers earn is a liveable wage--that is up to each driver to decide for themselves. All I am saying is that if you keep your labor costs down and undercut your competition by 10% (or more) your business will grow.

Look for UPS to begin addressing the wage differential in 2013 by discussing a two-tiered wage system for new FT drivers with a longer progession and lower top out.

So, the low wage structure of FedEx is forcing UPS to offer lower wages in order to compete? There goes another chunk of the middle-class. You've got your top-tier wage already, so it probably doesn't bother you that Fred's defacto Ground subsidy will create a new generation of non middle-class UPS drivers. I guess I've been giving you too much credit for being a fair-minded individual.