Ground non ISP

serco

Include Idaho too the list. This seems to be too many states to announce ISP transition. Maybe HD psa elimination will happen.

Crozz

I think it will be staggering months but over all 18 month process is my guess. HD is already gone they have to many sups out their and Amazon pressure is probable a factor. But it's all theory at this moment.

FedGT

Last edited:

FedGT

I'm sure it's about how they will make you run your business. Sign whatever it is or you won't be renewed.
I was just thinking about you. I almost posted that I was surprised you hadn't made an appearance yet. Thought your ears might be burning with this little gem.

It will be fine

Include Idaho too the list. This seems to be too many states to announce ISP transition. Maybe HD psa elimination will happen.
HD elimination would be a bigger deal than ISP. The timetable for transition takes about a year anyway so it should be easy for them to stagger stand up dates over the next few years. It would give people plenty of time to get to scale.
I'm guessing we'll be hearing about another settlement in one of the big class action lawsuits, so they are pushing trough transition in response.

Crozz

HD elimination would be a bigger deal than ISP. The timetable for transition takes about a year anyway so it should be easy for them to stagger stand up dates over the next few years. It would give people plenty of time to get to scale.
I'm guessing we'll be hearing about another settlement in one of the big class action lawsuits, so they are pushing trough transition in response.
Time to scale? They have been doing this for a long time telling everyone to get to scale.

serco

We were told it would be a 15 min video. So how was ISP announced in the states that have already been through transition?

FedGT

With a tube of Vaseline in your box if not at scale, up to you if you don't bring it to the meeting. Sounds like a lot don't bring it with them.

Crozz

I think we've learned on this board there are still plenty of single van guys around.
We didn't get a video, just contractor relations telling us what was happening.
I get we still have way to many singles, problems is they will never go until FedEx makes a move in every state. Tomorrow may be nothing but more junk to sign or could be Isp only time will tell. If it was annually why isn't ISP guys having meeting in the morning.

bacha29

Can't find anything made public as far as any class action settlements. May see one in the next day or two.That big nationwide class action involving ERISA has to have them worried as well as the NLRB co-employer ruling. The stock buy back would not appear to be the reason for the meetings and nothing public regarding a take over bid but having fewer shares outstanding will help maintain the status quo board wise. If it's the elimination of HD it will result in the 6 day work week everybody knew was coming. If it's the next step in the move to nationwide ISP it will make it easier for the Teamsters to organize because with the single routes all gone and what remains are ISP's fewer in number overall each holding a larger number of employees than before creating pressure for better compensation while at the same time X wanting better terms from the ISP's.Keep in mind what X is doing is trying to stay one step ahead of growing legal pressure to eliminate it's highly profitable "contractor model" thanks. to attempts by companies to copy that model. It is for that reason that is does not matter whether you have 1 route or 40 . On the day I left I received a call from the TM we used to have until he was transferred wishing me a " happy retirement" . I said to him " Jeff you and I both know that contractors are not discharged, downsized or retired........ They're disposed of". At the other end of the line....silence.