Ground non ISP

bbsam

Staff member
My question is in the current isp states is HD and ground still seperate?
By 2020 the plan is to have 90% of the stations be colocations meaning both Ground and HD running out of them. Not hard to see what happens next.

bacha29

Yes for the time being but more consolidation and more efficient use of vehicles and drivers is no doubt the objective.

It will be fine

The distinction between sups and contracted routes goes away once you enter ISP. The value of your area is based on total stops and pieces. That's all you'll hear from the negotiators. "Blah, Blah, we value your CSA at $X. Actual circumstances mean nothing. Blah Blah."

bacha29

I agree especially if it will put more money in your pockets. No doubt however X will try to capitalize on any improved efficiencies and economies your can create. That's just their nature.

The distinction between sups and contracted routes goes away once you enter ISP. The value of your area is based on total stops and pieces. That's all you'll hear from the negotiators. "Blah, Blah, we value your CSA at $X. Actual circumstances mean nothing. Blah Blah."
who puts the value on your area? How would we know what it's worth!

The all knowing engineers decide on the value. The negotiator is given that number, they have no idea where it comes from. Only the engineers know and they won't say. My guess is a dart board is involved.
you must be dealing with the same engineer we have that shows up at peak to tell us how to deliver all the packages and still perform 100%. When in fact, he has never been in a delivery van, himself. Thanks Guys. I am actually the wife of the contractor. I do the books and have been reviewing the ISP agreements online just getting prepared for this day. I know how X likes to profit and switch things in his favor so I just want to go into this with eyes wide open. Once you learn how to play their game and make a living, they completely change the game.

Not too long ago a mass email was sent out to contactors in our terminal from a Jon Rocchino. He claims to want to help with negotiations because of his X Engineering experience. Has anyone out there used him to help with the ISP transition? It would be nice to have someone on our side but knows the ins and outs of FXG

It will be fine

Not too long ago a mass email was sent out to contactors in our terminal from a Jon Rocchino. He claims to want to help with negotiations because of his X Engineering experience. Has anyone out there used him to help with the ISP transition? It would be nice to have someone on our side but knows the ins and outs of FXG
I honestly don't think it matters. You have very little power in negotiations. The people you deal with don't know much or have much leeway in what they can offer you. They have a range of compensation and all you can do is try and get to the top of that range. Be pleasant, make them like you and keep making counter offers. It'll take 7-8 rounds of back and forth before you get an offer that is equal to what you're currently making. He might be worth speaking to, but I doubt it'll make a difference.

bbsam

Staff member
X is well aware of Rocchino and he was everything he said he was but that was then and this is now. There is no stopping someone from using (and paying) for his services, but there is no reason to believe it will get one a better deal. The metrics are always changing.

There is an attorney making similar claims who was our local SM back in RPS days. It's funny. He's been gone about 18 years now and still trying to make money off X.

I honestly don't think it matters. You have very little power in negotiations. The people you deal with don't know much or have much leeway in what they can offer you. They have a range of compensation and all you can do is try and get to the top of that range. Be pleasant, make them like you and keep making counter offers. It'll take 7-8 rounds of back and forth before you get an offer that is equal to what you're currently making. He might be worth speaking to, but I doubt it'll make a difference.
are you saying that we are going to ISP for less compensation? Might as well sale out if that's the case