Ground non ISP

serco

Are rural routes doing 250+ miles and 80 stops valued as the same as a intown route doing 80 stops and 50 miles? Anyone have this come up in negotiations?

Crozz

Are rural routes doing 250+ miles and 80 stops valued as the same as a intown route doing 80 stops and 50 miles? Anyone have this come up in negotiations?
They have their formally on total stops, total miles and what they think how many trucks it will take. Then you will negotiate their will be few areas in witch you will get to break the money up. Myground biz is the best place to read up on ISP. They are not hiding the contract read and reread it.

It will be fine

The rural CSAs will get higher fuel rates per stop. Bulk trucks get higher fixed compensation. The best paying routes will be as they always were, dense metro areas.

bacha29

Good solid advice IWBF. The strength of the economy of the area that you will service now more than ever has to weigh heavily on a person's decision making especially under ISP. The area in which I live and serviced is actually due to it's over dependence on the extraction industries is from economy perpsective worse off now that it was we I started 23 years ago.

Our routes are in a dense metro area, one of the reasons for so many supps.....Are you able to build in growth with the upcoming ISP? If we have to sign a 3 year contract, will they take that into consideration? We were just told in DEC that another route was going to be added in one of our zip codes because of the growth, now with ISP, that is being thrown out the window, so we will continue to supp that area.

bacha29

Rocchino, that name's familiar. When offering his services to you guys , did he say anything about having worked for RPS/FXG.? I think he did. If so that was a long time ago and he may have been gone before this ISP cat and mouse game was dreamed up by some other demented soul. If that is the case I don't know what good he can do unless he was in fact able to figure it out . Might be worth looking into but needless to say his fees must be results based and X cannot know that you have retained his services. He is at least worth a phone call but do so with the realization that his knowledge may be obsolete by now. Make him prove that he is indeed still relevant.

blacksox

There are no more routes with ISP your negotiator does not want hear the word supplemental. You own a geographical area that you service 6 days a week home and ground, and you decide how many trucks and drivers you will need to cover it. Add that cost up and that will be your starting point to negotiation. The catch is will Fedex agree with that number, The more stops and packages in that area the better chance they will agree.

FedGT

Not all of your trucks run 6 days ( Home packages Sat. Ground packages Monday) but you or your manger will be responsible for your area 6 days a week, Sunday is the only day i can relax.
That is what the long term plan is but that has not been implemented yet. Most of the ground or HD guys that are ISP that don't have both run 5 days a week.

blacksox

That is what the long term plan is but that has not been implemented yet. Most of the ground or HD guys that are ISP that don't have both run 5 days a week.
I can only speak from a co-location building. But all of us own the home and Ground in the geographical area we are contracted for. Fedex will strongly push you that direction, read the letter fedex just sent out to contractors about this ( Coinciding with this transition, FedEx Ground is also paving the way for all P&D CSPs — including businesses currently providing service under an ISP Agreement — to establish greater overlap of Ground and Home Delivery stops within their contracted service areas (CSAs).
Your negotiations will go a lot smoother owing both home and ground in the same area. And is much more efficient to run this way, having just 1 truck covering each section of your area.

FedGT

I can only speak from a co-location building. But all of us own the home and Ground in the geographical area we are contracted for. Fedex will strongly push you that direction, read the letter fedex just sent out to contractors about this ( Coinciding with this transition, FedEx Ground is also paving the way for all P&D CSPs — including businesses currently providing service under an ISP Agreement — to establish greater overlap of Ground and Home Delivery stops within their contracted service areas (CSAs).
Your negotiations will go a lot smoother owing both home and ground in the same area. And is much more efficient to run this way, having just 1 truck covering each section of your area.
Do agree that it will happen in the future. With that being said I'm not co location, have no interest in running out of two buildings, and with the way ISP is written at the moment they would make me get to scale in both buildings if I did want to get any HD. I think they still have a little ways to go before getting to that requirement in certain stations.

bacha29

Rocchino is on his own .Can be reached at *****. Office **** *** **********

8.) You are responsible for protecting your own privacy and respecting the privacy of others. This means no posting of your own or any other person's full name, photos, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms#ixzz3yfjB0qyL

Last edited by a moderator:

CJinx

Anything to add, @CJinx ?
I'm not really sure what I'm allowed to discuss on this matter but I'll confirm what has already been posted here with what I know to be correct information.

All remaining districts operating under the IC model will convert to ISP in phases, the timetable is Summer 2016 to Spring 2020. This is for US P&D operations only; linehaul and FXG Canada are not included.
My understanding is that HD CSPs and their CSAs are not being eliminated and neither is the HD service; just that everyone is being considered Ground now. (WAGN! lol) Home Delivery branded apparel and vehicle decals haven't been available for quite some time now so I imagine this comes as a surprise to no one. Obviously you'll continue to see legacy HD trucks and gear with the dog logo and I have heard of no plans to require rebranding to eliminate these.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm not really sure what I'm allowed to discuss on this matter but I'll confirm what has already been posted here with what I know to be correct information.

All remaining districts operating under the IC model will convert to ISP in phases, the timetable is Summer 2016 to Spring 2020. This is for US P&D operations only; linehaul and FXG Canada are not included.
My understanding is that HD CSPs and their CSAs are not being eliminated and neither is the HD service; just that everyone is being considered Ground now. (WAGN! lol) Home Delivery branded apparel and vehicle decals haven't been available for quite some time now so I imagine this comes as a surprise to no one. Obviously you'll continue to see legacy HD trucks and gear with the dog logo and I have heard of no plans to require rebranding to eliminate these.
Now let's get to what you know but can't discuss. :)

It will be fine

Do agree that it will happen in the future. With that being said I'm not co location, have no interest in running out of two buildings, and with the way ISP is written at the moment they would make me get to scale in both buildings if I did want to get any HD. I think they still have a little ways to go before getting to that requirement in certain stations.
They can divert zip codes over to the Ground terminal Tues-Fri. Then you only need to run out of the HD building on Saturday. They will be easy on the scale issue too of you're running overlapping area.

Crozz

They can divert zip codes over to the Ground terminal Tues-Fri. Then you only need to run out of the HD building on Saturday. They will be easy on the scale issue too of you're running overlapping area.
They are planning on splitting stand alones and dividing the territory and making both ground and they could care less if you didn't want to work out of two terminals they will find someone that will.

blacksox

They are planning on splitting stand alones and dividing the territory and making both ground and they could care less if you didn't want to work out of two terminals they will find someone that will.
I agree with you Crozz stand alone buildings will be a thing of the past. If you own ground in a stand alone in a non ISP state I would start to get to know the home contractor in your same area and talk about splitting the area, It won't be easy either one guy is always going to think he is getting the bad half.