Ground salaries

MAKAVELI

Code 82, be careful having skills or education beyond box slinging is good, but when you go to work
elsewhere and they see 10yrs of driving a truck they don't really care about what you did before...
of course it depends on the skill set you are referring to.
I am aware. But I deliver to many high tech places in my office parks I am good friends with, and believe me they want people with good work ethic and skills. I should just bail now, thinking about it.
Listen to your gut and the guys and gals that have been with FedEx awhile. If you have an opportunity better than this, take it or you will be kicking yourself later down the road. You have bbsam on here stating that neither he or FedEx want career employees. It's a dead end at Express and Ground.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Listen to your gut and the guys and gals that have been with FedEx awhile. If you have an opportunity better than this, take it or you will be kicking yourself later down the road. You have bbsam on here stating that neither he or FedEx want career employees. It's a dead end at Express and Ground.

Sad since I gave my heart and soul to this for 7 years

CJinx

What a beautiful statement bro. Did you think of that all on your own or did you get that from the bbsam school of exploitation?
Well, it's a fact of life. If you can't meet expectations, your employer can and will find someone else who can. This is a business, not a charity.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Well, it's a fact of life. If you can't meet expectations, your employer can and will find someone else who can.

Well good luck with that.

People off the streets without taking basic skills tests meeting expectations better than couriers with years and years of experience. Yeah, right.

You've had enough Kool-Aid.

CJinx

People off the streets without taking basic skills tests meeting expectations better than couriers with years and years of experience. Yeah, right.

Get over yourself. You were a newbie once too, I'll bet your first few weeks on the job weren't as productive as you are now. You're incredibly naive if you think new people training under a new system won't get better with time.

MAKAVELI

Get over yourself. You were a newbie once too, I'll bet your first few weeks on the job weren't as productive as you are now. You're incredibly naive if you think new people training under a new system won't get better with time.
Easy for someone to say who sits behind a desk all day. Let us know when you get into a truck and get some real perspective.

bbsam

Staff member
That doesn't change the fact that drivers become better and more productive over the first six months to a year.

MAKAVELI

That doesn't change the fact that drivers become better and more productive over the first six months to a year.
They maybe more productive in relation to when they were first hired but still not at the level of an experienced courier. Especially here at Express. Since FedEx is now focused on short term employees the constant turnover will hinder productivity not improve it.

bbsam

Staff member
Wrong. The constant turnover will settle itself and DRA will continue to be modified. You view things too short term.

MAKAVELI

Wrong. The constant turnover will settle itself and DRA will continue to be modified. You view things too short term.
Wrong. I view things as I see them. FedEx is the one who views things short term with tunnel vision. And you just follow them like a little puppy.

bbsam

Staff member
That "tunnel vision" is merely the scope of what Express will be and you have no choice but to follow unless you and your fellow couriers organize.

Cactus

You're full of it. Fred 's not gonna have the patience for any courier to get real good at it. Now go back to pushing paperwork.

bbsam

Staff member
You're full of it. Fred 's not gonna have the patience for any courier to get real good at it. Now go back to pushing paperwork.

What are his options? Wait for them to get good or bow to your demands? Hmmm. I bet he won't have to think too long.

vantexan

Show that you care for their plight by reducing your compensation to be equal with their's and give the difference to them. They take care of you by delivering the pkg's, you take care of them by taking care of the details. If they then complain you can point out you've done all you can.

​Bump

Cactus

What are his options? Wait for them to get good or bow to your demands? Hmmm. I bet he won't have to think too long.
Fred won't have any patience period. He'd better get used to having a revolving door of express help and inferior service too.