Ground salaries

sjh

I'm giving him a chance to lead by example. He's always telling Express couriers to change their world for the better so let's turn it around. If he really cares about his people...after all, if Express couriers should unionize to get better pay and benefits then what does that say about Ground pay and benefits? Be a mensch, be a pal, come on, you can do it! You and MLK will both have holidays!

I'm sorry, but then what is the point of taking the risk of owning routes? I don't agree with corporate greed, but I also don't assume that all work should be paid equal.

vantexan

I'm sorry, but then what is the point of taking the risk of owning routes? I don't agree with corporate greed, but I also don't assume that all work should be paid equal.

I agree with you, but then what's the point of owning routes if it takes pushing people to work long hours for low pay and no benefits? Show you care by accepting much less compensation to give them a better life. Otherwise ragging on Express couriers to stand up for themselves for better pay and benefits sounds extremely insincere.

bbsam

Staff member
I agree with you, but then what's the point of owning routes if it takes pushing people to work long hours for low pay and no benefits? Show you care by accepting much less compensation to give them a better life. Otherwise ragging on Express couriers to stand up for themselves for better pay and benefits sounds extremely insincere.

Oh no you don't. You need to go way back and start from the beginning and read up on that. My position has always bee the same as R1a's. There have been people around here bitching and moaning about Fred literally for years. I have said over and over that it won't get better and bitching here won't make it better. I rag on them because they REFUSE to take action to make things better.

vantexan

Oh no you don't. You need to go way back and start from the beginning and read up on that. My position has always bee the same as R1a's. There have been people around here bitching and moaning about Fred literally for years. I have said over and over that it won't get better and bitching here won't make it better. I rag on them because they REFUSE to take action to make things better.

And your employees should do the same. You've represented yourself here as standing up for the little guy against the system. Actions really do speak louder than words. Pay your people more.

bbsam

Staff member
And your employees should do the same. You've represented yourself here as standing up for the little guy against the system. Actions really do speak louder than words. Pay your people more.
no I haven't. I've said if you or my drivers don't like your situation, do something about it.

sjh

Hmm...this response doesn't apply to me.

bbsam

Staff member

I agree. If they don't feel I am fair, they can go elsewhere to work. I will have to find someone to take their place. But you don't seem to like that arrangement. They are victims in your mind. Helpless, hopeless souls with no other option but to go on to the bitter end as a Ground driver...and somehow, that's my fault!! Amazing!

I agree. If they don't feel I am fair, they can go elsewhere to work. I will have to find someone to take their place. But you don't seem to like that arrangement. They are victims in your mind. Helpless, hopeless souls with no other option but to go on to the bitter end as a Ground driver...and somehow, that's my fault!! Amazing!
Throw a few shekels and bread crumbs, to the poor ground drivers!

vantexan

No, it's FedEx's fault for hatching the scheme. It's your fault for being an enabler of the scheme. Prove that you care and reduce your pay to assist them. After all, as you've said, their pay is very generous compared to some contractors so you shouldn't have any problem living on it.

bbsam

Staff member
No, it's FedEx's fault for hatching the scheme. It's your fault for being an enabler of the scheme. Prove that you care and reduce your pay to assist them. After all, as you've said, their pay is very generous compared to some contractors so you shouldn't have any problem living on it.

I have nothing to prove. It is what it is.