Grounds for a warning letter?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BUCN85, Oct 2, 2016.

1. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

So I was curious of this was grounds for a warning letter. Couple weeks ago we had safety observations. The guys followed me for about 40 mins or so. After they were done they said I didn't use your hand rail once and didn't have my mirrors in twice. They went over what I did well and what I needed to improve. 2 weeks later I get a warning letter for safety infractions during observations. Really?

2. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

You've been here long enough, did you already get verbal warning for this? If not then grieve it. Quite simple, don't worry about the BS nit-picking GRIEVE!

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

A verbal would have sufficed.

4. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

No verbals. Just an evaluation of what I did well and what can be done better.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Verbal warning.

6. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

They play their games, now you play yours.

7. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

After you see a vehicle following you, making every turn you make, it is time to call the Cops! You do not know the intentions of these folks following you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Grieve it. Doesn't sound like you had a union steward present when these allegations were made.

9. S.F. Rush

S.F. Rush Active Member

This past Friday after pcm my sup told me he would be doing an observation on me that day. Not sure why he would tell me ahead of time, kinda defeats the purpose. He is one of the good ones I guess

10. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Observations SHOULDN'T be about nailing someone. It should be a tool to improve safety. Unfortunately too many in management fail to see that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Do the fake hand rail move.

12. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

"I was fired for dishonesty!"
    "Oh no, what did you do?"
    "I did the fake hand rail move :("

13. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Doesn't sound like the warning letter was issued in a timely manner if the infraction happened two weeks ago

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Should be a verbal first. Grieve that. And I agree sounds like there was no union rep there as a good steward would have already had you grieve it. And if no rep is present, that discipline should be thrown out

15. KOG72

KOG72 Well-Known Member

They must be trying to make quota