Guantanamo

chev

Nightcrawler
yes, I listen to RUSH all the time. Then I here the same dull arguments in the CAFE. (DITTO HEADS) :happy-very:

So you actally listen to a man you despise? Or are you secretly infatuated with him?
I suppose ditto head is better than smile* head.
JK........

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes I really like Rush, I think I still have their 8 tracks.
Ahh they dont make music like they used to:happy2:
And then their was Uriah heap.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What's your favorite song?
I believe mine is "Subdivisions" but I like "Tom Sawyer" and "New World Man" too.

"Subdivisions" is one of the finest rock n roll songs ever written. Rush is without a doubt the most musically sophisticated band ever. I saw them live at the Clark County ampitheater in Vancouver WA last summer. Best rock concert I have ever been to, by far. I took my 2 teenage kids, who are into the punk scene, and they were totally blown away by the raw power of authentic ROCK music. Rush did a full 3-hour set, with no opening act, and only a 10 minute intermission. They did amazing renditions of "Limelight", "Spirit of Radio" and "2112". It cost me almost $400 to get the three of us in there with decent seats, but it was worth every penny.

moreluck

golden ticket member
MP-2011-01-21.gif

moreluck

golden ticket member
[h=2]Holder: Obama Regime Hell Bent on Closing GITMO[/h]
Obama-finger.jpg

In keeping with Obama’s deep affection for America.

(POLITICO) — U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said the Obama administration is doing everything it can to shut down the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, before the 2012 presidential elections.

Speaking Tuesday at the European Parliament, Holder said the administration is focused on closing the controversial facility “as quickly as possible, recognizing that we will face substantial pressure,” The Associated Press reports.
He added that the effort to shutter the detention facility would continue even after the 2012 elections if they can’t shut it down before then.

“We will be pressing for the closure of the facility between now and then — and after that election, we will try to close it as well,” Holder said. “Some people have made this a political issue without looking at, I think, the real benefits that would flow from the closure of the facility.”

The failure to keep his campaign promise of closing Guantanamo has been a headache for President Barack Obama throughout his presidency.

In December, Congress passed legislation that barred the transfer of detainees from Guantanamo to the U.S. — one method that Obama said would aide the process of closing the prison. In March, Obama said military trials could resume at the detention center, prompting some to accuse the White House of stepping further from the possibility of shutting down the facility.
Earlier t
his month, Deputy National Security Adviser John Brennan said the administration will not send any new war-on-terror prisoners to Guantanamo, saying, “It’s this administration’s policy to close Guantanamo and, despite some congressional hurdles that have been put in our path, we’re going to continue to pursue that.”

Meanwhile, Holder also reiterated on Tuesday that the United States would maintain its “fundamental break” from some harsh interrogation techniques.

“We have indicated that certain techniques that were used previously are in fact torture, and will not be engaged in again by the United States,” he said.