Guarantee time gone?

SlowRide80k

My other one is Red Tag'd
Same. The only day we seem to ever get approval for a code 05 is on say Christmas Eve when the center manager wants us back early so he can go home. In fact I believe this past year if you wanted to be 06 for Christmas Eve they told us you had to go see the Center Manager to request it the day before. We had a Sup "terminated" for time card changes. He had to go and plead to keep his job. He's still there. In fact he runs my group.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Can you explain the "delete you from the system" part? What were they deleted from?

The driver worked all week. The next week's paystub had 4 days work and a sick day paid. He did not call in sick. He confronted manager. Manager wanted to pay him out of his pocket to shut up. It didn't work. Huge mess. So, he was deleted from the payroll system.

thessalonian13

For years whenever a driver in my center finished up a early and punched out under 8. They would have in their paycheck a "Guaranteed" pay that made sure they got 8 hours for the day. So if you punched out at 7.5 hrs..your paycheck would show

Hours Worked 7.5
Guarantee .5

Suddenly this no longer happens. If you don't sit at the building to wait for 5:50pm you no longer receive the Guarantee. What suddenly changed from 4 weeks ago to now that has this has happened? It's not really a big deal because I'm rarely done anywhere near 5:50. But we have guys (already taking lunch on road) sitting at the bldg...20-30 extra mins to get their 8.
I never have to worry about this problem because I rarely get dispatched under 9.5... Let alone 8 hours...

packageguy

So far our building still doing guaranteed 8.

But they are breaking B*LLS about over allowed. Now they call it deminstated
level of performance. if you can't keep your ojs numbers they are coming
after you. there answer is if you can't do it, someone out there can.

UPSGUY72

I love it when they complain about over allowed. I tell them you want to ride with me go ahead but I'm not the problem dispatch is with there add/cuts. I also point out that I'm not driving like a idiot trying to make unreasonable numbers that change everyday for the same routes for no reason. My SUP's have all been drivers they know the game from both sides and understand.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

I think you may be talking about SPORH instead of overallowed. The two are very different things, you can be disciplined for failure to maintain SPORH after an OJS ride for no less than 3 days to set a demonstrated level of performance. Although the days after should be similar in comparison to the days during the OJS ride. Changes in things such as miles, stop count, piece count, number of business stops vs. residential stops, pickup pieces, on area delays, weather all should be taken into acount when comparing ride days and post ride days.

Overallowed is simply a worthless number the company has made up to try and pressure people into working harder than is safely possible. It is not recognized by the Union and you cannot be disciplined for it!!