Guaranteed Fair Treatment (GFT)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I only have 2.5 years here and I am over 40 but can keep up with the best of the young workers. I DO know that they make up stuff as they go, I have heard also that they "edit" parts of FedEx policies to suit their needs before handing them out to the employees. I really think that FedEx needs to be on the same level of play with UPS as far a labor laws is concerned. It is tough to get up and going to work when you have to come in and face these dictators they call managers, they focus on how you can lose your job, not encourage you to get ahead. There is ZERO moral in my organization, ZERO.

That's the problem when you don't have a legitimate grievance policy or a union to protect you from unjust harassment, intimidation, and/or termination. FedEx pretty much does as it pleases, and that's exactly the way they like it. This is another big reason for them to fight to keep the RLA. Even if you can afford a lawyer, FedEx and it's army of lawyers can afford to wait you out, hoping you'll give-up before your money runs out. The best bet is to find an attorney who will work on a contingency basis. He/she will take their cut, but only if you win, and FedEx can't starve you out before it gets to trial.

And you're right about the total lack of morality at Fedex...there is absolutely none. The policies are written so they can be interpreted in multiple ways, all of which can and will get you disciplined or fired. This is why they make you sign-off on all of the policies, so when you sue them they can point to your forced signature and say that you "understood the policy". A judge or jury will probably interpret that as to mean that you tacitly agreed to the policy, even if it is chock-full of double standards and management loopholes. P-S-P= Policy Screwing People.

quadro

That's the problem when you don't have a legitimate grievance policy or a union to protect you from unjust harassment, intimidation, and/or termination. FedEx pretty much does as it pleases, and that's exactly the way they like it. This is another big reason for them to fight to keep the RLA. Even if you can afford a lawyer, FedEx and it's army of lawyers can afford to wait you out, hoping you'll give-up before your money runs out. The best bet is to find an attorney who will work on a contingency basis. He/she will take their cut, but only if you win, and FedEx can't starve you out before it gets to trial.

And you're right about the total lack of morality at Fedex...there is absolutely none. The policies are written so they can be interpreted in multiple ways, all of which can and will get you disciplined or fired. This is why they make you sign-off on all of the policies, so when you sue them they can point to your forced signature and say that you "understood the policy". A judge or jury will probably interpret that as to mean that you tacitly agreed to the policy, even if it is chock-full of double standards and management loopholes. P-S-P= Policy Screwing People.
Because the union has a wonderful grievance policy where they don't even have to listen to your grievance. It's really amazing how many people get fired from FedEx for absolutely no reason. At least according to them. Are people sometimes treated unfairly? Sure they are, I've even used the GFT process myself a couple of times and had the situation rectified to my satisfaction. For those of you who aren't swayed by MrSmartyPants' drivel, ask yourself why someone such as radar who claims they can keep up with the best of the young workers would be fired if he hadn't done anything wrong. Why would FedEx or any business for that matter want to fire someone who by their own admission is a great employee. It's not like FedEx is saving money as radar only has 2.5 years and is making barely above starting wage. There's no logic to that but MFE conveniently misses that point.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Because the union has a wonderful grievance policy where they don't even have to listen to your grievance. It's really amazing how many people get fired from FedEx for absolutely no reason. At least according to them. Are people sometimes treated unfairly? Sure they are, I've even used the GFT process myself a couple of times and had the situation rectified to my satisfaction. For those of you who aren't swayed by MrSmartyPants' drivel, ask yourself why someone such as radar who claims they can keep up with the best of the young workers would be fired if he hadn't done anything wrong. Why would FedEx or any business for that matter want to fire someone who by their own admission is a great employee. It's not like FedEx is saving money as radar only has 2.5 years and is making barely above starting wage. There's no logic to that but MFE conveniently misses that point.

Defend the indefensible. Nobody ever said FedEx was logical...just ruthless.

FedEx2000

How long does the GFT process take from the time they get my request?

First off, was your GFT request submitted within 5 calendar days from the date of termination? If so, then step 1 is supposed to be completed within 10 calendar days of the receipt of your request. If your GFT request was not submitted within the 5 day period, then it won't be heard and you are SOL as far as the GFT goes. You should have received a copy of the GFT policy 5-5, it's all in there....read it if you got it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
First off, was your GFT request submitted within 5 calendar days from the date of termination? If so, then step 1 is supposed to be completed within 10 calendar days of the receipt of your request. If your GFT request was not submitted within the 5 day period, then it won't be heard and you are SOL as far as the GFT goes. You should have received a copy of the GFT policy 5-5, it's all in there....read it if you got it.

Forget the GFT. Lawyer up....

radar

I read it but it does not provide a time line. I need a copy of absence OLCCs for 2010 will they give me those if I ask for them?

radar

BTW I sent it certified return receipt... They did get it signed for it within 5 days even though they said as long as it is postmarked before the fifth day.... not trusting anything they say.

vantexan

It's not like FedEx is saving money as radar only has 2.5 years and is making barely above starting wage. There's no point.

Well well, Quadro is making our case for us! UPS drivers top out in, what is it, 30 months? But FedEx couriers are barely above the starting wage in 2.5 years. How many months is that again? Thanks Quadro! I wonder if the majority of 2.5 year couriers are happy about that?!! I wonder how many 2.5 year couriers realize how well they'll be doing 10 years from now?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well well, Quadro is making our case for us! UPS drivers top out in, what is it, 30 months? But FedEx couriers are barely above the starting wage in 2.5 years. How many months is that again? Thanks Quadro! I wonder if the majority of 2.5 year couriers are happy about that?!! I wonder how many 2.5 year couriers realize how well they'll be doing 10 years from now?

FedEx is always saving money...at the expense of the hourly employee.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

36 months

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Used to be 24 months, then it was 30 and now it is 36. It is quite a jump when you go to top rate.

Gee, only 36 months versus about 20 years. I wonder who benefits the most from that kind of wage progression schedule? And people wonder why Smith is fighting so hard to keep the RLA.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Do most Fed-Ex hourlies realize how badly they're getting shafted by ole Frederick? Do Express drivers realize that even the 25/hr top rate UPS air drivers make that amount after 2 years (24 months) progression?