Guaranteed Pay for FedEx part-time handlers

So we usually always get guaranteed pay at my station but my manager if you want to call her that says that if you are one minute late clocking in the time clock does not give you guaranteed pay for the week.

A year ago when I first started I remember her saying because someone one missed a truck on PST we were not getting guaranteed pay and all the manager of station had to do was basically check a button off for guaranteed pay.

Fast forward to today I was 1 minute late clocking in for work the week before last and I didnt get guaranteed pay on my check so I text my manager about it. She says nothing she can do if I clocked in 1 minute late.

But today my check has retro active guaranteed pay on it...

So i she is lying about the time clock docking guaranteed pay :closedeye

Totally lost on how this guaranteed pay works now LOL

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So we usually always get guaranteed pay at my station but my manager if you want to call her that says that if you are one minute late clocking in the time clock does not give you guaranteed pay for the week.

A year ago when I first started I remember her saying because someone one missed a truck on PST we were not getting guaranteed pay and all the manager of station had to do was basically check a button off for guaranteed pay.

Fast forward to today I was 1 minute late clocking in for work the week before last and I didnt get guaranteed pay on my check so I text my manager about it. She says nothing she can do if I clocked in 1 minute late.

If you're late, have a sick day or use a personal day during the week, they can, and usually do, cancel your weekly guarantee/minimum. Don't be late.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I left out.... also if you agree to go home on a slow day they can cancel your minimum. Many things are not black and white at FedEx. This is one thing that is.

One time for a week they say they were hiding a secret package on one of the trucks and if we missed it during PST we would not get guaranteed pay.
I thought it was a joke but I found the secret package one day under a seat in one of the trucks. it was just a envelope that said if found return to a manager
do other stations do that?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
One time for a week they say they were hiding a secret package on one of the trucks and if we missed it during PST we would not get guaranteed pay.
I thought it was a joke but I found the secret package one day under a seat in one of the trucks. it was just a envelope that said if found return to a manager
I know they did something like that at a ramp I worked at. Never heard of it at a station. I would call HR if an overlook resulted in them canceling your minimum. And if it doesn't work for you to call your local HR rep, call THEIR boss.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Also, if you're experiencing any symptoms of anxiety, chest pain, heart palpitations, sweating, depression, dizziness, psoriasis, twitching eyelid, upset stomach, post nasal drip, midriff bulge, diarrhea, constipation, vomiting, sneezing, vertigo, flatulence, loss of appetite, shoulder pain, inflammation of - anything, headache, weight loss, athlete's foot, weight gain, wheezing, dandruff, coughing, or exhaling - your guaranteed weekly minimums will also be forfeited.

Oldfart

Never heard using the guarantee as a form of discipline. Like someone said, don't be late. No excuse. Multiple alarms and leave early enough to change a flat and still not be late. Tardiness is preventable. Have seen some excellent workers get fired for being late and then having attendance issues.

BootsOnTarmac

A PST when required and directed by management is to insure no packages are left behind. The PST (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary) process is used by FedEx company wide. The employee signs off that they have done their part. If one, two, or all miss the occasional PST Test, the Manager should have a conversation with the employee, explaining the importance of such checks. Sometimes this (fail) will result in an OLCC to the employee. Never should this effect your pay in any way. If a Manager says so, report immediately to HR, Senior Manger, Memphis, etc.

Yomama11

Until someone speaks up and fights it.
Does that really work? employee at my station has 9 years of service, 2 as a full time swing and 7 as full time courier, and is at the same pay as the new swings they hired last week? How should he speak up and fight? like I said getting shafted is what fedex does

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Does that really work? employee at my station has 9 years of service, 2 as a full time swing and 7 as full time courier, and is at the same pay as the new swings they hired last week? How should he speak up and fight? like I said getting shafted is what fedex does
It works for some things. Always research the policy to back you up. Unfortunately, there's nothing he can do about his pay, short of quitting. It is what it is.

Last edited:

Yomama11

Unfo
It works for some things. Always research the policy to back you up. Unfortunately, there's nothing he can do about his pay short of quitting. It is what it is.
It is what it is hit the spot...99% of the time fedex will find a policy that will back them up and if you don't like it quit.

whenIgetthere

One of our managers does that, thinks he's a SM anyways!

Oldfart

Used to have a manager put notes on your oil dipstick telling you to come see him. If you didn't visit him, he knew you didn't check your oil and a stern warning was issued before he took it any more serious actions.

Sparky

Wow, the only times the hoods are lifted is for the DEF sprinters, or making sure you haven't lost your coolant. Managers in my station acknowledge that we have no real time to do a proper under the hood check and suggest we aim for at least once a week. I pop the hood when I fuel up.

Oldfart

Wow, the only times the hoods are lifted is for the DEF sprinters, or making sure you haven't lost your coolant. Managers in my station acknowledge that we have no real time to do a proper under the hood check and suggest we aim for at least once a week. I pop the hood when I fuel up.
Hope u never run it out of oil