Guard Shack, Guns, Security

OPTION3

Our guards are just rent-a-cops who never had guns.
at our hub we have an "employee" entrance with security guards ,metal detectors, and full body/ cavity searches…..then there is the "SPECIAL" entrance for all management---a locked gate with NO security…..Hillarious

BrownArmy

Not sure about getting anything out of my center through the security gate, but I have complete confidence that I could bring ANYTHING in that I wanted.

ANYTHING.

We walk in in the morning, metal detectors going off 'beeeeep-beeeeep', no worries.

There's waaaaay more security at every elementary school I deliver to.

J

jibbs

Not sure about getting anything out of my center through the security gate, but I have complete confidence that I could bring ANYTHING in that I wanted.

ANYTHING.

We walk in in the morning, metal detectors going off 'beeeeep-beeeeep', no worries..

My experience is the same.

Short story:

In my first couple of months with UPS, I found myself called into the LP guy's office. Packages meant for trucks on my belt were moving through the sort aisle and disappearing some time afterward, and at the time I was the only person splitting the belt and had been for months.

We have our loss prevention conversation. As I'm getting to leave, he hands me a slip of paper (NOT a business card) with his number on it and told me to call him directly if I ever saw anyone on the belt with their hands in a package. As I pocket the slip of paper, he says, "By the way, where is your phone?"

I was a deer in headlights, man. Told him straight up it was in my pocket. I was chewed out (verbally, nothing official or on paper handed to me) and told I'd get a warning letter which I've never received. For about a month our security guard paid extra special attention to getting me to empty my pockets. After months with no problems, it's now at the point where whenever the thing goes off he just says "You're good, bud, don't worry about it" when he sees me drop everything and start to unbuckle my belt.

I'm confident I could smuggle anything in that I wanted, and nearly anything out that could fit on my person. That's not saying much, though, as I'm sure that every thief that's ever been caught at UPS was likely confident they would get away with it.

Rainman

Its all good.
We have brand new No Guns Allowed signs, both verbal and graphic, at every entrance this week.
I asked the guard if they were allowed before? He only laughed.
We have guards, metal detectors, wands, have to show ODs. Guards are so slack at their job i was asked for my ID only 2 or 3 times all last year. Anybody could walk out with almost anything if they weren't totally stupid about it. Security is a joke.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I would not be opposed to increased security on the entrance side. All you need is an ID to get into my building.....someone could bring in an arsenal of guns in a cooler or bag..and no one would realize until they started shooting.

Feeders101

..... Not that any amount of money would make it better but at least some light would shine on what really goes on there. Just saying
Not trying to be cold hearted or anything. But how do you get a weapon into the facility? This could have been much, much worse. I hope some light is shed on this and things change for the better.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Had an employee bring in a tire iron and beat the snot out of a PT sup a few years ago. Ever since then they put a metal detector to go in. This was in Roswell, not exactly a "rough" area to say the least.

Turns out the new "no guns" signs are posted to be in compliance with Illinois new concealed carry laws that went into effect Jan 1.

upschuck

I would not be opposed to increased security on the entrance side. All you need is an ID to get into my building.....someone could bring in an arsenal of guns in a cooler or bag..and no one would realize until they started shooting.
Then they would get fired for bringing gun onto property. :biggrin: Had one bring one in accidentally in backpack, notified management about situation, fired on the spot.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No guard shack, no security. I could hide a dead body in the parking lot, and no one would find it til spring.

Last edited: