Guess the MIP factor

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

maybe it is a ploy -- I'm sure the teamsters would rather make some concessions to maintain or potentially grow its membership than lose 35 percent membership through the refocusing and shedding of unproductive assets. But it is going in that direction. We will see how far.

You are making the assumption that the unproductive assets within UPS are those in which union employees work, to include package and freight. Package quite obviously is not going anywhere and freight will continue to grow as our competitors continue to fall by the wayside. I do not foresee any substantitive change in our business model but do foresee more growth in UPS Capital and Supply Chain Soultions.

randomUPSISer

My Guess? 3.0 ... along with an announcement the party is over ... MIP will be discontinued after 2009.

Without an accompanying raise to make up for it, Id forsee a flood of people leaving UPS. Theres not much else holding people here now that we dont have a 401k contrib, discounted stock purchase plan, average health coverage, and threat of layoffs.

I just cant see it. Its much easier to just lead us cattle on by acting like it'll be high again one day while continuing to make it low.

A LOW MIP FACTOR IS AN UNANNOUNCED WAGE REDUCTION

Never forget that :wink2:

33in2togo

.9 is my guess. The recent announcement of creating new Marketing positions goes directly in line with getting back to profitability. I am not for adding new positions but am for choosing our customers with a better eye on the bottom line.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My Guess? 3.0 ... along with an announcement the party is over ... MIP will be discontinued after 2009.
A LOW MIP FACTOR IS AN UNANNOUNCED WAGE REDUCTION

Never forget that :wink2:

I always thought it was misleading when the Annual Pay review came in, it always had the MIP at 2.0.
I always created another Excel spreadsheet to review with management reporting to me that had the MIP at 1.0 instead of the 2.0.
I felt I had to do this to maintain a relationship with my reports based on honesty and a sense of integrity. UPS has not awarded a 2.0 MIP during our most profitable years in our company's history.

I agree that the MIP is probably on its way out and that is probably a good thing since it has become more of a demotivator than a motivator. I don't know of anyone who thinks there is any objectivity or fairness in the MIP anymore.

UPS Lifer

This is just one more thing you really don't care about once you retire.

The irony is that I still have 2 years to wait before I get the last of the MIP that is now 30% less than when I earned it! Ya gotta love it!

brownIEman

I would venture to say, based on my years of MIP experience, that it will run out to be the multiplicative inverse of the hypotenouse triangle, times the SWAG factor, plus the SPOH initiative, minus the square root of the DIAD added to the IVIS score.

There.

I ran all this through the calculator real quick, and it came out to EXACTLY 1.2

HOW DID YOU KNOW??

UPS Lifer

The MIP seems high considering it was such a bad year. It sounds like they are taking the lack of raises into consideration.

Good for you guys! I hope everything eases up so that you get raises in March!