Guide for delivering packages

clean hairy

Sorry if this has been posted previously

2d0UmVG.jpg

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Thanks to ORION, I don't know what time of the day to check on the Infonotice for the next delivery attempt. I just put a question mark.

Check all boxes, including "before 10:30". My first stop today was a ground for a church office that opens at 11:00. Then I got started on the 17 air stops with some random savers included.

S

selfcancelsignal

I am instructed to DR comercial stops all day. What is the problem? Work as instructed and put it in the remarks column like I do!~
When I'm at a business & can't get a signature for whatever reason, but feel the need to leave the parcels, I just scan, big arrow down, deliver, other, it'll bring up a blank where you left it, I put reception (or wherever), scan an info notice, actually fill one out & leave it with the parcels if it's more than 1 or 2, otherwise, I crumple & pitch it. REL comes up, [emoji818]️, peace out. I know it's not proper methods, but it works for me, since no one has ever properly shown me how to do an indirect/pre record left at delivery.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Since the late 90's....

-Bug-
Technically no. The way they teach it in driver school is no DRing any business with the exception of farms and church rectories. So basically a church is only okay if there is a residence there (deliver to clergy's residence). That being said I release to all churches as long as I can get it out of sight/weather. I also have a funeral home that has requested to be treated as a residence so I advised management & release to their porch.

O

OLDMAN3

We are allowed to DR at church offices.
That must be a center by center, or district by district decision...but not corporate policy. In the official Driver Release Training 2015 done in the DIAD (I take pictures of all training screens) and Church offices are not mentioned in the list of approved DR locations. I have been told by individual managers it is OK, and by others it is not OK. So I won't stick my neck out...CLO1.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Check all boxes, including "before 10:30". My first stop today was a ground for a church office that opens at 11:00. Then I got started on the 17 air stops with some random savers included.

See this is ridiculous. This is a prime example of why this Orion system sounds like a bunch of crap. They stress so much about not having late air and then they want you to follow a system that designates your first stop for a business that doesn't open until 11am, isn't NDA, and you have 17 NDA stops??!! There are too many variables within different routes to be able to have every route adhere to a system like this.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I'm at a business & can't get a signature for whatever reason, but feel the need to leave the parcels, I just scan, big arrow down, deliver, other, it'll bring up a blank where you left it, I put reception (or wherever), scan an info notice, actually fill one out & leave it with the parcels if it's more than 1 or 2, otherwise, I crumple & pitch it. REL comes up, [emoji818]️, peace out. I know it's not proper methods, but it works for me, since no one has ever properly shown me how to do an indirect/pre record left at delivery.

This is not an indirect or left at delivery.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Technically no. The way they teach it in driver school is no DRing any business with the exception of farms and church rectories. So basically a church is only okay if there is a residence there (deliver to clergy's residence). That being said I release to all churches as long as I can get it out of sight/weather. I also have a funeral home that has requested to be treated as a residence so I advised management & release to their porch.

Rectory and residence are not one in the same.

I also have a funeral home on my area and have worked out a similar yet slightly different arrangement.