Gun Control Texas Style

bbsam

Staff member
It's a freakin JOKE post sam.....use your head for something other than keep your ears apart. jeeez
As Rod pointed out, that story has been attributed to several different areas of the country.

Now to seriously answer your question of a person shooting at a cop while arresting someone getting acquitted. It could happen, but not likely. Actually they probably wouldn't live long enough to be arrested.
The woman in the JOKE wasn't acquitted, the arraigning judge evidently felt that it was justifiable homicide.

Oh, I don't care if it was a joke or not. I'm starting to wonder what happens if some get their way and everybody is armed. A "What if,..." scenario. What are the legal ramifications and what becomes "justifiable" and not. Free your mind a little bit.

Oh, I don't care if it was a joke or not. I'm starting to wonder what happens if some get their way and everybody is armed. A "What if,..." scenario. What are the legal ramifications and what becomes "justifiable" and not. Free your mind a little bit.

Imagine what its like now with everyone driving cars or carrying cell phones and how competent they are at those tasks. Now imagine they have the ability to shoot you. :)

wkmac

A TRUE STORY FROM... "THE HOUSTON HERALD" HOUSTON, TEXAS

~ Last Thursday Night Around Midnight, A Woman From Houston, Texas Was Arrested, Jailed, And Charged With Manslaughter For Shooting A Man 6 Times In The Back As He Was Running Away With Her Purse. ~

The following Monday morning, the woman was called in front of the arraignment Judge, sworn-in, and asked to explain her actions.
The woman replied, "I was standing at the corner bus stop for about 15 minutes, waiting for the bus to take me home after work. I am a waitress at a local cafe. I was there alone, so I had my right hand on my pistol in my purse hanging on my left shoulder. All of a sudden I was spun around hard to my left. As I caught my balance, I saw a man running away with my purse. I looked down at my right hand and saw that my fingers were wrapped tightly around my pistol. The next thing I remember is saying out loud, "No Way Punk! You're not stealing my pay check and tips." I raised my right hand, pointed my pistol at the man running away from me with my purse, and squeezed the trigger of my pistol 6 times!

When asked by the arraignment judge, "Why did you shoot the man 6 times?

The woman replied under oath, "Because, when I pulled the trigger the 7th time, it only went click."

The woman was acquitted of all charges. She was back at work the next day!

That's Gun Control Texas Style

OK, ya'll have fun

Some people just love to bring a 3 legged man to the party just for the laughs!
:wink2:

Ahhh, my free mind includes the thought...What if purse snatchers decide to stop because they may get their ass blown away?

bbsam

Staff member
It's worth considering. Rodney King getting the crap beat out of himself and instead of a video camera, a concerned citizen pulls a .45.

moreluck

golden ticket member
King, a 25-year-old unemployed construction worker with two children, had been released in December after serving six months of a two-year sentence for second-degree robbery (brandishing a tire iron, he had taken cash from a grocer) and was still on parole.

In a California Highway Patrol car, a husband-and-wife team, T.J. and Melanie Singer, reported to their headquarters that the Hyundai approached them from behind at 110 or 115 mph, a Highway Patrol spokesman, Sgt. Mike Brey, said later.
If Rodney was driving the speed limit and not drinking, his blood alcohol level was approximately 0.19—nearly two and a half times the legal limit in California—when he was driving.[5] , perhaps he would've gone completely unnoticed. That was his downhill speed. He could've gone home with no trouble. Maybe the cops were carried away......Reginald Denny didn't do a thing and he got beat too. Next you'll tell me that OJ didn't really kill those 2 people.

If you drink & drive, the act itself opens all kinds of doors of possibilities and none of them are good. Stay under the radar and you'll stay out of trouble (for the most part). Wrong place, wrong time sometimes wins out.

bbsam

Staff member
All of that may be true. But the bystander watching obvious police brutality in action doesn't know that, does he? Or firing on agents at Ruby Ridge or Waco? Maybe it's all justified.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That's terrible.....you can't shoot people just for their opinion........if we could, Joy Behar would be my first!!