Gunowner quiz on Obama

over9five

Staff member
I matched Obama on every question.

Whats the point?

The point is, Obama (and you) are anti 2nd Amendment. What he says and how he votes are two very different things. You seem to have ignored that....

I (and most gun-owners) will not match Obama on any question.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I didnt match on any questions.

I'm screwed no matter how I vote. I am a union member and I am pro-choice. This country cant survive another 4 years of a Republican administration....but at the same time Obama is the most rabidly anti-gun politician out there. He really belongs in England, not in the U.S.

I'm probably going to wind up holding my nose and voting for the guy, since he is marginally the lesser of two evils. In the meantime, I will be stocking up on ammo, high-cap mags, and all the other stuff that he and Queen Pelosi will be wanting to ban.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
U will vote for Obama???????

Sober ups, dont do it. You have three weeks to make a better decision.
The republican ticket isnt the best it could be but its a lot better than the alternative. IMO
And that alone is enough.
im union also, and I am like the sane voice in the wilderness where I am. . I am so alone. But at least I can have a bumper sticker on my car, saying, I didnt vote for OBAMA. Dont blame me.
Think long think wrong.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
OOOHHHH the scary OBAMA is going to take your guns!!!

Better vote for McCain and your guns will rest safely in your closets!

Get serious folks. Do you all live in fear everyday of your lives? Has the republican fear machine really and truly caused you all to live in fear because they tell you so?

Do you really believe that somehow, somewhere at sometime that Barack Obama will take out his mighty liberal pen and take away your rights to own guns??

Does the president have that kind of power? Can he really supercede the Supreme court of the United States of America?

Use logic people.

Unless OBAMA can convince the 5 conservatives on the supreme court to overturn the 2nd amendment, then I think your guns are safe.

Be serious people, this hype is nonsense.

On the other hand, should there be taxes on ammo?, I think so. Just like taxes on beer, gasoline & cigarettes, ammo should be on the list.

Should kids under 18 be prevented from owning guns?, I think so. Too many killing there classmates as it stands.

This country has many different opinions on this subject depending on what part of the country you live in.

The bottom line remains the same, your guns are safe.

over9five

Staff member
Does the president have that kind of power? Can he really supercede the Supreme court of the United States of America?

The problem, my uninformed friend, is that the next President will be appointing at least two, and maybe three Supreme Court Justices. Can you imagine the Liberal, activist judges that Obama would choose?

"Frightening" doesn't even come close....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Do you really believe that somehow, somewhere at sometime that Barack Obama will take out his mighty liberal pen and take away your rights to own guns??

Yes. If elected he will have a Democratic-controlled Congress, led by Nancy Pelosi. We gun owners might as well bend over and grab our ankles. He will sign into law whatever oppressive, anti-gun law that Queen Pelosi gives to him.

Unless OBAMA can convince the 5 conservatives on the supreme court to overturn the 2nd amendment, then I think your guns are safe.

Those justices will die someday, and Obama gets to appoint their successors.

On the other hand, should there be taxes on ammo?, I think so. Just like taxes on beer, gasoline & cigarettes, ammo should be on the list.

There are already taxes on ammo. The Democrats dont want to stop with taxing it...they support ammunition serialization and microstamping, which will require your gun to print a code on each ejected casing that will be traced back to you. This law takes effect in California in 2010 and will effectively eliminate semi-automatic guns and make ammo virtually unaffordable....which is the goal anyway.

Should kids under 18 be prevented from owning guns?, I think so. Too many killing there classmates as it stands.

Its already illegal for a minor to own a gun. This has nothing to do with Obamas stance on other gun control issues.

This country has many different opinions on this subject depending on what part of the country you live in.

Peoples opinions dont matter. We are talking about a basic right here, the Founding Fathers put the 2nd amendment in the Bill of Rights along with religion, free press etc. for a reason.

The bottom line remains the same, your guns are safe.

No they are not. Obama has voted for every gun-control measure that ever crossed his desk. He supported the Washington DC gun ban that disarmed its own citizens. He voted against protecting gun makers from frivoulous lawsuits designed to bankrupt them.

Obama is entitled to his opinions about guns. All I ask is that he be honest. He is trying to pass himself off as no threat to the 2nd amendment....but his voting record on the issue of gun rights is abysmal.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess I am clearly in the minority (I knew I would be going in) as I matched him on all 8 questions.

I would like to add that, although I was never a card carrying NRA advocate to begin with, the loss of an immediate family member who was murdered by an individual known to the family who was on drugs at the time of the murder has most certainly strenghtened my anti-gun (as well as anti-drugs) convictions.

diesel96

Questions were very vague.....probably scored less than 50%. But I don't pick a president by by his views on guns. Thats near the bottom of the priority list. Plus if his views were that radical it would have to pass in the house and the senate. Not likely what so ever.
I own 2 rifles, 2 shotguns, a handgun, a compound bow, a sword, a louisville slugger and a slingshot, and I'm not a fan of the NRA what so ever. Don't be afraid America, the Gov't is not coming into my house or yours, to take our legally owned guns. But why you feel the right for any unchecked or unstable "Joe Six Pack" to purchase a weapon with no "cooling off" period or own "fully" automatic machine guns and armor piercing bullets is beyond my logic and the local law enforcement's logic as well.

Box_Junkie

I'm with diesel on this one. I'm against the higher tax on ammo and "microcoding ammo" etc... but I do believe in waiting periods and background checks etc...

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"joesix pack", LOL Diesel! Isnt this the truth.

Its amazing how fear works. The poster who spelled out all the circumstances involved if OBAMA was to appoint new supreme court justices is the prime example of fear.

The time involved in appointing a new member of the high court, then waiting for a case to make it into the high court calendar could take decades.

Using Nancy Pelosi as a scapegoat in congress to say that the democratic majority will pass ANY legislation that would ban guns nationally (despite state laws) is rediculous at best.

Democrats in the house and senate still have to face re-election when there terms are up, so taking away your precious guns isnt something that looks good on their resume during a campaign. They are NOT that stupid.

Democrats have guns, not only republicans. Although, there are those in politics that would have you believe otherwise.

As for the 2nd amendment, I dont want to open that can of worms, we will just have to agree on disagreeing on this one.

4 justices share my view and 5 share the other side of the argument. No sense on us fighting over it.

This is still a political hot potatoe in the election arena. Only when the majority of americans change their minds on gun ownership will politicians brave the waters and move to take away guns.

Other than that, give this one a rest, you will never see OBAMA move in any direction to take guns away from you. There's a second term to deal with in 4 years.

over9five

Staff member
They tried after Katrina.

They didn't just try. They did! Left law-abiding citizens defenseless against looters, thieves and rapists.

Now states all over the country are enacting "Katrina Laws", which hopefully will make it illegal for authorities to confiscate legally owned weapons in any state of emergency.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Fear and more fear...good thing the NRA is there to help out with the fear.

The NRA would support a child with an Ak 47 on a playground full of children.

Give us a break.