guns

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What do you mean by "us " ?
My state. Personally, I carry concealed, but I have the option to open carry if I want to.

I guess I don't understand why people in concealed carry states think their laws should be valid across the entire country, but my state's open carry law shouldn't. Courts have decided states have the right to regulate gun ownership. Trump's ideas make for good rhetoric, but like most of the things he says, he's vastly over simplifying a much more complicated issue.

moreluck

golden ticket member
e3HvM7G.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Surrender: San Fran's iconic, last gun shop to close over new regulations

The proposed new city regulations, which could only be aimed at High Bridge Arms, would have required the shop to take and preserve video of all transactions and turn customers' personal data over to police on a weekly basis. General Manager Steven Alcairo said the shop's owners finally threw in the towel after years of what they consider being unfairly targeted with burdensome rules and regulations. Past regulations have required the shop to bar ads and displays from its windows and install cameras and barriers around its exterior. The shop has 17 cameras as it is, and turns video over to police on request, he said.

"This time, it's the idea of filming our customers taking delivery of items after they already completed waiting periods," Alcairo said. "We feel this is a tactic designed to discourage customers from coming to us.

"This year, it's this and next year will probably be something else," Alcairo added. "We don't want to wait for it."

California attorney Chuck Michel, who specializes in firearms law and civil rights, said the legislation seems aimed merely at giving politicians a chance to “falsely claim they are doing something about gun violence.”

“For years San Francisco politicians have inappropriately blamed licensed and inspected gun retailers for violence actually caused by gangs, drugs, and sanctuary city laws,” he said. “The City has imposed a crushing burden of redundant and pointless regulatory red-tape on firearm retailers, all in an effort to put them out of business. Now they have gotten their wish.”

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The exact purpose of this is hard to determine; harder still is to imagine a benevolent one. Students who answer politically incorrectly may be subjected to shaming in front of their peers.

Other possibilities:

Child Protective Services could also use the survey as a pretext to take kids away from a family.

Also, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is increasingly partnering with public schools and sheriff departments and its agents could use the answers provided in a school gun survey to target parents with help from local officials.

trickpony1

I saw nothing wrong with that questionnaire.

You see nothing wrong with school intruding on the child's and his/her family's privacy by forcing them to divulge this information to who knows who?

Ever heard of an 'ol boy by the name of Hitler?

OOPS!......never mind. I forgot you voted for Obama.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You see nothing wrong with school intruding on the child's and his/her family's privacy by forcing them to divulge this information to who knows who?

Ever heard of an 'ol boy by the name of Hitler?

OOPS!......never mind. I forgot you voted for Obama.

Did you miss the part where it said "name and grade optional"?