guns

Keenj

That's what I was getting at. Private sales. I bought plenty of stuff this way and only one person ever asked if I was a felon. Little disconcerting actually.

You're not going to stop the flow of illegal guns and crimes committed by them by banning private sales.

The end game of these politicians is an outright ban on all firearms. You start nice and easy by attacking the "loopholes" and assault weapons, realize it still doesn't stop gun crime then move on to the next "scariest" firearm type. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

If they were serious about stopping gun crime, there'd be a brigade of law enforcement in the problem areas cracking down on gang violence and prosecutors dropping the hammer on those who are breaking the existing laws.

overflowed

I'm not advocating that. I'm just telling you I know for a fact a lot of guns are loosed on the streets by private sale. I'm not anti gun in the least. Do you personally think private sales with no background check of any kind is a good idea? Hey, I bought private sale for a reason. If, which is a big if, the gov comes and takes away in the future peoples guns. They won't come to me about said guns. Let's all have a honest discussion about guns instead of the extreme back and forth on this thread that goes really nowhere.

Keenj

I'm not advocating that. I'm just telling you I know for a fact a lot of guns are loosed on the streets by private sale. I'm not anti gun in the least. Do you personally think private sales with no background check of any kind is a good idea? Hey, I bought private sale for a reason. If, which is a big if, the gov comes and takes away in the future peoples guns. They won't come to me about said guns. Let's all have a honest discussion about guns instead of the extreme back and forth on this thread that goes really nowhere.

But how do you enforce the no private sale law?

A law is useless without enforcement.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

You can't.

You will never stop the bad guys from getting guns.

You can't do it.

My answer to a bad guy with a gun is more good guys with a gun.

Expand the concealed carry laws nationally, and stop letting local governments from banning concealed carry for law abiding citizens.

If the bad guys faced a gun fight at every turn, there would be less gun violence imho.

And crime statistics throughout the country show that I am right.

Johney

So do you keep said private sale gun with all the others?

Bottom rung

Eventually with registration, but if you sell a firearm in a private sale and it turns up in someone else's hands. It will be a felony. The law is useless without registration. It all starts with a seed. First it's no private sale. Then they'll want the paperwork from all the dealers. It's a very slippery slope.

Keenj

Eventually with registration, but if you sell a firearm in a private sale and it turns up in someone else's hands. It will be a felony. The law is useless without registration. It all starts with a seed. First it's no private sale. Then they'll want the paperwork from all the dealers. It's a very slippery slope.

Gun owners have given up too many rights. It's time to say "no" and make them enforce the laws already on the books.

realbrown1

Gun owners have given up too many rights. It's time to say "no" and make them enforce the laws already on the books.
They need to take a few laws off the books.

Especially in California.

Stop the ban on all magazines over 10 rounds.

Get rid of the bullet button.

Easier concealed carry laws.

And get to rid of 15 day waiting period and test before you buy a gun.

oldngray

nowhere special
What's "the bullet button"?

Stupid work around to a crazy California law.

A bullet button is a device used to permanently fix a magazine in a semiautomatic rifle that was originally built to accept a detachable magazine in order to comply with gun laws in California. It replaces the magazine release with a block and the user needs to remove the magazine by using a tool. The name came about due to a 1999 California State law which said that a "bullet or ammunition cartridge is considered a tool."
Bullet button - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically you use the tip of a bullet to release a magazine.

overflowed

Stupid work around to a crazy California law.

A bullet button is a device used to permanently fix a magazine in a semiautomatic rifle that was originally built to accept a detachable magazine in order to comply with gun laws in California. It replaces the magazine release with a block and the user needs to remove the magazine by using a tool. The name came about due to a 1999 California State law which said that a "bullet or ammunition cartridge is considered a tool."
Bullet button - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically you use the tip of a bullet to release a magazine.
Yup, makes no sense at all. It takes less than a minute to take it off.

realbrown1

Yup, makes no sense at all. It takes less than a minute to take it off.
There is a magnet that they sell that attaches to the bullet button that mimics a magazine release button.

It costs between $7 and $20.

When will they realize that all the laws in the world won't stop people from having guns.

Look how well the drug laws work.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There is a magnet that they sell that attaches to the bullet button that mimics a magazine release button.

When will they realize that all the laws in the world won't stop people from having guns.

Dave's not here man!

wayfair

swollen member

don't get caught with it...

realbrown1

That demonstrates how stupid the law is.
The California State legislature just showed us how anti-gun they really are.

Today they passed a bill that bans guns with bullet buttons from being sold in California.

No more AR-15's, AK's or the likes.

And governor moonbeam will sign it.

Why do gun owners vote for Democrats?