Ha.. Paid for one day shipping w/ Amazon.. they shipped via UPS Ground

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UnderpaidPackageSlaves, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Is it possible for it to get here on time? I have prime, most of my two day/one day packages ship via ground with a "premium" listed on the label. Living in MO, and having most of my packages from KY, I'm surprised they always get here on time. They usually get processed through Worldport, which is all air incoming and outgoing. So, do some ground shipments go through air? Most of mine have..

2. jaker

jaker trolling

yes

3. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

You don't work here, do you? Amazon has many warehouses, and the shipping it is probably a one day ground away from you, ergo they are keeping their guarantee of one day shipping. A way to decrease their shipping cost. "Premium" is just their way of saying Prime Member, I think.

4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Ground to Hawaii goes air but normally ground goes ground. Air can go ground if it is possible to make service that way but very unlikely your ground package went air. Since it is Amazon it could have been shipped from a warehouse closer to you where it gets 1 day ground service. Or maybe Amazon screwed up. UPS never guaranteed that package would get there in 1 day if it was shipped as you stated.

5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Why did you wait until the last day?

6. Here's the tracking: xxx
    One day shipping my ass.. they promised Monday by 4..
    Does worldport process ground incoming/outgoing packages? I thought it was all air..

Lasted edited by : Dec 22, 2014
  7. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

UPS never guarantees any ground deliveries by 4 pm.

8. UPS didn't, but Amazon did.

9. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Scheduled Delivery:
    Wednesday, 12/24/2014, By End of Day

10. upschuck

Don't blame UPS, complain to Amazon, they shipped it wrong if you paid for one day shipping.

11. upschuck

Amazon slams us on Christmas Eve, and then thinks we will be done by 4pm. Wow. They learned nothing from last year.

12. PT Car Washer

Then your problem is with amazon.

13. Amazon tries to do anything to save money smh, even at the cost of gifts or customers. They should've just gone Next Day Saver

14. I never said my problem is with UPS, I was just wondering how in hell my ground package is going to get across multiple states overnight, because I paid amazon for one day.

15. PT Car Washer

Drive all night.

16. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Amazon doesn't make the delivery. Therefor they can't make any promises.

17. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

When did you order it?

18. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

If the airplane would be expected to take off, do a circle then land at the same airport......yea, your air shipment automatically becomes ground.

19. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

It looks like Amazon processed it yesterday but UPS hasn't even picked it up yet.

20. PT Car Washer

Anytime UPS can make service sending an NDA by ground instead of flying it they will.