Ha.. Paid for one day shipping w/ Amazon.. they shipped via UPS Ground

Is it possible for it to get here on time? I have prime, most of my two day/one day packages ship via ground with a "premium" listed on the label. Living in MO, and having most of my packages from KY, I'm surprised they always get here on time. They usually get processed through Worldport, which is all air incoming and outgoing. So, do some ground shipments go through air? Most of mine have..

jaker

trolling
Is it possible for it to get here on time? I have prime, most of my two day/one day packages ship via ground with a "premium" listed on the label. Living in MO, and having most of my packages from KY, I'm surprised they always get here on time. They usually get processed through Worldport, which is all air incoming and outgoing. So, do some ground shipments go through air? Most of mine have..
yes

upschuck

You don't work here, do you? Amazon has many warehouses, and the shipping it is probably a one day ground away from you, ergo they are keeping their guarantee of one day shipping. A way to decrease their shipping cost. "Premium" is just their way of saying Prime Member, I think.

oldngray

nowhere special
Ground to Hawaii goes air but normally ground goes ground. Air can go ground if it is possible to make service that way but very unlikely your ground package went air. Since it is Amazon it could have been shipped from a warehouse closer to you where it gets 1 day ground service. Or maybe Amazon screwed up. UPS never guaranteed that package would get there in 1 day if it was shipped as you stated.

Ground to Hawaii goes air but normally ground goes ground. Air can go ground if it is possible to make service that way but very unlikely your ground package went air. Since it is Amazon it could have been shipped from a warehouse closer to you where it gets 1 day ground service. Or maybe Amazon screwed up. UPS never guaranteed that package would get there in 1 day if it was shipped as you stated.

Here's the tracking: xxx
One day shipping my ass.. they promised Monday by 4..
Does worldport process ground incoming/outgoing packages? I thought it was all air..

Last edited by a moderator:

watdaflock?

If the airplane would be expected to take off, do a circle then land at the same airport......yea, your air shipment automatically becomes ground.