Had a panhandler...

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
It Is ashame.
You know some people need help,you just dont want to get duped!

When I was a cop, I found that the people who truly needed help never ever asked for it. They lived lives of a pauper, enduring the heat and cold, no food for days, shoes that were ready to walk away (if they had any at all), and just survived.

It's the :censored2:bags that are out there holding signs claiming god bless this and homeless vet that, ran out of gas, kids to feed, just lost job, blah blah blah that are bilking all the suckers who give them money. If the cities and towns would make stricter laws to get rid of theses con artists, you would really see who needed the help. I remember guys committing minor crimes just to get locked up for 3 hots and a cot but if you asked them, they would deny needing help.

wayfair

swollen member
When I was a cop, I found that the people who truly needed help never ever asked for it. They lived lives of a pauper, enduring the heat and cold, no food for days, shoes that were ready to walk away (if they had any at all), and just survived.

It's the :censored2:bags that are out there holding signs claiming god bless this and homeless vet that, ran out of gas, kids to feed, just lost job, blah blah blah that are bilking all the suckers who give them money. If the cities and towns would make stricter laws to get rid of theses con artists, you would really see who needed the help. I remember guys committing minor crimes just to get locked up for 3 hots and a cot but if you asked them, they would deny needing help.
the problem is that the cities will give out permits for these guys to do what they do as long as they pay the cost of the license, some are up to 90 dollars a day... they pay for the permits and cash out...Been on my route the last 8 years and the same guys are at every main intersection 5pm-530...

browntroll

i used to be dumb and give away money but now i try to offer ppl a job just so i can see them
suffer as much as some of us do. i have seen so many quit over the years it makes me wonder how desperate
do u really have to be to beg for money, or in some cases how much of a low life do u have to be to prey on
others ppls kindness. i remember one time i was like 12 and had a "homeless" guy ask me for a dollar, my brother ran
up on him and told him to friend off and hope he never sees him take kids money otherwise it wouldn't end well, some guy
saw this felt sorry so he gave the guy a dollar.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I was sitting at a light here a while back and a guy walked up holding a homeless sign, and right before he got to my pickup, I heard a phone ring. It wasn't my ring. It was his! I thought WTF! He's probably got a better plan than me! Where does he charge his phone? He turned around and kinda hid it out of view while he answered it. I wasn't going to give him chit anyway, especially after that.:angry-very2:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
A few shelters in my area sell vouchers for a free night's stay. A night with a bed and a meal usually costs like 7 bucks. They sell coupon books for about 1/3 of the price during fundraisers.

When I lived in my downtown area I kept a coupon book in my car for the legitimate looking panhandlers. Most people didn't want the vouchers, but I went through a few coupon books in the year I lived there.

There are a lot of abusers out there, but there are a lot of people in genuine need too. As a general rule, cash isn't a good way to help them.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It Is ashame.
You know some people need help,you just dont want to get duped!
In a country where so much food is wasted....I don't believe anyone should ever go hungry. I'll buy someone a $3 sandwich before I give them a dollar out of my pocket....just the principle of it. We work too hard for our money to just give it away so someone can buy a beer or pack of cigarettes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My very first experience with this was when I was in high school. I was on a school trip to Boston when our group was approached by a panhandler-----foolishly I handed him $5.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Can't tell you how many people will come up and ask me for a dollar or an extra cigarette with an iphone in their hand.
images-71.jpeg

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
One guy with a dog had a sign that said This pretty girl eats before I do. Why do so many people with little or no money have dogs?

oldngray

nowhere special
And watch them at the end of (their) day when they decide they have made enough money and quit for the day (early afternoon usually) and they climb into their nice car to drive home.