Had a tier 3.my hearing is tomorrow!!

Cman84

In may i was driving down the highway.i approached a gravel intersection and noticed a truck with a trailer full of hay flying down a gravel road.i knew he was going to stop without effecting me.he crossed stopsign and stopped on the edge of highway.when i looked back forward i saw the car in front of me had stopped and i locked my truck up.ended up rear ending her doing 35 mph in a 65.she said her neck hurt so they took her to the hospital and she was released.due to all thr gravel dust i was unable to see her brake lights.i got testimony from a witness and he saw the truck as well.he included his testimony in the ups accident report.i know its my fault.and fessed up to that.they terminated me 2 weeks ago and my hearing is tomorrow.i have worked with ups 8 1/2 yrs been driving for 1 1/2 yrs,never had a warning letter and i run under dispatch almost everyday....do you think i will get my job back?....please respond i am a stressed out mess!!!!

Cman84

I really hope so.i love my job so much.i pride myself on my work ethic.i dont back talk mgmt. i dont file 9.5's.i do them favors constantly.and i help out in my loop everytime im asked,i have no wife or kids so i like the o.t. i even hear of all my coworker saying hire me back to mgmt,as well as my customers have called in with support for me as well.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Honesty will get your job back. "they" are not mindless, heartless robots. "they" are men and women just like you!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I really hope so.i love my job so much.i pride myself on my work ethic.i dont back talk mgmt. i dont file 9.5's.i do them favors constantly.and i help out in my loop everytime im asked,i have no wife or kids so i like the o.t. i even hear of all my coworker saying hire me back to mgmt,as well as my customers have called in with support for me as well.
You're a runner and while it may look good on paper and get your job back in a small accident. It also means you are at higher risk for a major accident.

If you come back slow down and be safe.

Cman84

I agree i am a runner.i just need to slow it down.and be more cautious.i have been in touch with my sr drivers and they all had the same advice for me.

bham brown

If you get back, which I think you will, pride yourself in being a safe driver. Learn the methods and do your job by the methods. That's all you have to do, nothing more, nothing less.

over9five

Staff member
I'm still not sure why you got fired. People get in accidents everyday, and they don't get fired.
But anyhow, after you said this:

....i dont file 9.5's.i do them favors constantly.and i help out in my loop everytime im asked....

I hope that you see that all that kiss-assing, and doing them favors means nothing. Remember they fired you.
Remember that when you get your job back, which I'm sure you will.
Good luck.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm still not sure why you got fired. People get in accidents everyday, and they don't get fired.
But anyhow, after you said this:

I hope that you see that all that kiss-assing, and doing them favors means nothing. Remember they fired you.
Remember that when you get your job back, which I'm sure you will.
Good luck.
Feedah!

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
Tell the truth, all of it. We had a driver recently that rear ended someone, might had been ok if he hadn't told the police and his manager that he was going about 30mph slower than telematics said. 30mph under the posted speed as well. But he came back after a month or so.

Tell the truth, all of it. We had a driver recently that rear ended someone, might had been ok if he hadn't told the police and his manager that he was going about 30mph slower than telematics said. 30mph under the posted speed as well. But he came back after a month or so.

His management team and the cops would have been ok with him hitting someone going 30mph faster?