Had the first interview for PT Sup!!

thebrown1

Well I had my first and maybe my only interview 9/29 for part time Sup. I currently don't work at UPS and this was not the first job I applied for (originally wanted a driver job but i got a ticket this year so I decided not to pursue that job.) I was contacted about a PT Sup job and did the first interview. It went great! My only thing that I am worried about is my background check (I plead to a felony class D in my younger days which is non violent but would be considered theft by check. This happened over 14 years ago) Since then I have been a model citizen and stayed out of trouble. Outside of parking tickets and what not!
I explained the charge to my interviewer and my past two jobs more than make up for the spot on my record. I just hope I don't get passed up for this opportunity because of it.

Now I just wait and see what the background check holds.

thebrown1

Unfortunately for me that is how bad check writing is classified. I explained it all to him in the interview. I hope it all works out. If not then it was not mean to be I guess. He kept saying you have a really good resume and complementing me but I think I have heard somewhere else on this board that the decision is up to some outside company when it comes to background checks or something along those lines.

thebrown1

Lol I never said it would be a dream job. A dream job would be one where I don't have to work and others are making money for me. Those are few and far between so I play the hand I am dealt.
I was in the military and have been a caseworker in the past (not a social worker per say) and have dealt with plenty of human relation incidents.

thebrown1

I think theft I think of intentionally stealing something. I never intended to steal items It was mainly mismanagement of funds and by then time I realized it I was in over my head and could not pay it back when they wanted it paid back.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I think theft I think of intentionally stealing something. I never intended to steal items It was mainly mismanagement of funds and by then time I realized it I was in over my head and could not pay it back when they wanted it paid back.
Most states have a diversion program for first time bad check offenders. You pled out to a felony your first time? I don't buy your story...but you'll fit right in with management for sure.

thebrown1

Lets just say I made some big purchases and when the money did not roll in like I planned I could not pay for the items I purchased. I had the money later but by then it was to late and they were on me.
I'm sure I could have went to trial and probably beat the case. I plead to that to avoid any jail time. However there is always the chance that you go to trail and it's worse than it was before going to trail. Furthermore I NEVER thought I would want a government job after the Military. Boy was I wrong! Even though this is nowhere near a gov job it still stinks that I let them talk me into such a :censored2:ty deal when I could have pushed back and probably walked away with a misdemeanor. Anyways, young and dumb sums this up.