Had the first interview for PT Sup!!

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by thebrown1, Oct 2, 2014.

1. thebrown1

thebrown1 New Member

Well I had my first and maybe my only interview 9/29 for part time Sup. I currently don't work at UPS and this was not the first job I applied for (originally wanted a driver job but i got a ticket this year so I decided not to pursue that job.) I was contacted about a PT Sup job and did the first interview. It went great! My only thing that I am worried about is my background check (I plead to a felony class D in my younger days which is non violent but would be considered theft by check. This happened over 14 years ago) Since then I have been a model citizen and stayed out of trouble. Outside of parking tickets and what not!
    I explained the charge to my interviewer and my past two jobs more than make up for the spot on my record. I just hope I don't get passed up for this opportunity because of it.

Now I just wait and see what the background check holds.

2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Prior felony for theft? Ehh...I don't know. Could go either way there.

3. thebrown1

thebrown1 New Member

Unfortunately for me that is how bad check writing is classified. I explained it all to him in the interview. I hope it all works out. If not then it was not mean to be I guess. He kept saying you have a really good resume and complementing me but I think I have heard somewhere else on this board that the decision is up to some outside company when it comes to background checks or something along those lines.

4. ChickenLegs

ChickenLegs Safety Expert

Hope it works out for you

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

While the background check is indeed done by an outside agency, they do not make the final decision.

6. Maybe he could write,bogus warning letters.

sounds like a shoe in.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

PT sup at UPS is the opportunity of a life time for you? What were your other jobs?

8. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Just stay away from the petty cash, and you'll fit right in.

9. bleedinbrown58

Or alter some timecards...Just don't steal any Iphones! lol

10. thebrown1

thebrown1 New Member

Lol I never said it would be a dream job. A dream job would be one where I don't have to work and others are making money for me. Those are few and far between so I play the hand I am dealt.
    I was in the military and have been a caseworker in the past (not a social worker per say) and have dealt with plenty of human relation incidents.

11. thebrown1

thebrown1 New Member

I think theft I think of intentionally stealing something. I never intended to steal items It was mainly mismanagement of funds and by then time I realized it I was in over my head and could not pay it back when they wanted it paid back.

12. bleedinbrown58

Most states have a diversion program for first time bad check offenders. You pled out to a felony your first time? I don't buy your story...but you'll fit right in with management for sure.

13. thebrown1

thebrown1 New Member

Lets just say I made some big purchases and when the money did not roll in like I planned I could not pay for the items I purchased. I had the money later but by then it was to late and they were on me.
    I'm sure I could have went to trial and probably beat the case. I plead to that to avoid any jail time. However there is always the chance that you go to trail and it's worse than it was before going to trail. Furthermore I NEVER thought I would want a government job after the Military. Boy was I wrong! Even though this is nowhere near a gov job it still stinks that I let them talk me into such a :censored2:ty deal when I could have pushed back and probably walked away with a misdemeanor. Anyways, young and dumb sums this up.