Hagerstown Md. Ketter Audit scores 100%

tieguy

Banned
The center got roughly 30 minutes notice that keter was definitely on the way the other day. So i would say yes it was a suprise audit.

Maybe tieguy or somebody else can correct me on this, but when keter decides to do an audit. They give a days notice that they will be in a region or district. The exact building isn't known until the last minute.

They give region notice meaning anyone in a region can get audited. We never know where they are going until the day of the audit.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Report to OSHA? This doesn't add up. Why would UPS hire an audit team to report to OSHA? If OSHA had problems with Occupational issues at UPS wouldn't OSHA do Audits?

Congrads on your 100% score. That even sound a bit fishy!
Oh come on, even I can figure these numbers out. UPS gets Ketter to circumvent OSHA coming in on their own. (See look at us we are being good, Kettrer says so) HAHAHAHA Edit--- GOOD JOB HAGERSTOWN

tieguy

Banned
Oh come on, even I can figure these numbers out. UPS gets Ketter to circumvent OSHA coming in on their own. (See look at us we are being good, Kettrer says so) HAHAHAHA Edit--- GOOD JOB HAGERSTOWN

gee why don't we just go ahead and do that every week?

BURMDPsupe

Congrats to Hagerstown, it's CHSP committee, hourly employees and management folks. Being in management and also being a HAZMAT responder, I do appreciate the time, effort and determination of your accomplishments...getting a "passing grade" from Ketter is not always a given.

Oh come on, even I can figure these numbers out. UPS gets Ketter to circumvent OSHA coming in on their own. (See look at us we are being good, Kettrer says so) HAHAHAHA

Possibly some truth to the above statement, but I've seen some heads roll over a failed audit.

M-

tieguy

Banned

Not sure why you find that concept so strange the teamsters have had it in place for many years.The concept is similar to having a third party audit and regulate the teamsters against corruption as opposed to having armed fbi agents hanging out at teamster hall.

A

AnonymousRookie

Our center has dogged us so much on the ketter audit that they have sent guys home with no pay for not knowing some element and are telling us that if we don't know everything verbatim that it will lead to termination.
Most guys know the dynamics and info but there is soo much to know that we are calling it "information overload".
And what about a vet with 15 + years experience and safe driving awards to match that. Are they really going to be able to fire them because they can't recite the 5 seeing habits on that day??

Is anyone else getting the same threats??

Bad Gas!

It's great you guys had a successful week...Remember, you don't build any goodwill equity with the high up UPS bosses...If you screw up tommorrow, they won't remember today...."For every 50 AT-A BOY's, all it takes is one Ah shuck's(g- version) to erase the great work you did!

rod

Retired 22 years
It's great you guys had a successful week...Remember, you don't build any goodwill equity with the high up UPS bosses...If you screw up tommorrow, they won't remember today...."For every 50 AT-A BOY's, all it takes is one Ah shuck's(g- version) to erase the great work you did!
Who has ever heard of 50 At-A-BOYS? I could count on one hand all the AT-A-BOYS our center ever got in 30 years. There isn't a chapter on giving praise in the UPS management handbook.

Bad Gas!

Who has ever heard of 50 At-A-BOYS? I could count on one hand all the AT-A-BOYS our center ever got in 30 years. There isn't a chapter on giving praise in the UPS management handbook.

LOL...Your right about that.The lower chain of command is so beat down that are lucky to get a at-a-boy on a friday after another hard week..My sups want out very badly.One is almost done with school..then says it's bye-bye UPS...Recognize success..it breeds more success!

brownrodster

buffet breakfast.

This is actually a snack during your break. The sups will start yelling at everyone to get back to work after 10 minutes even though there are people still in line waithing to get food.

This happened at my center a few years ago for some accomplishment. I got my food, sat down, didn't eat a bite and was told break was over.

oh wow. thanks.

brownrodster

The center got roughly 30 minutes notice that keter was definitely on the way the other day. So i would say yes it was a suprise audit.

In my building we usually hear a few days in advance that keter is in the area. Then for a few days they bust ass and make everything look safe and have you remember tons of stuff... Then we hear keter went elsewhere and everything goes back to normal.

However, I will add that it's a lot better these days than it was several years ago in regards to the whole operation being somewhat safe.