Hal

halfay12

I drove for U.P.S. for twenty years in the bay area of Cal., with 19 yrs. safe driving. I am only getting $91.00 a month retirement. That's right $ 91.00. I wrote to the C.E.O. who is getting 1.2 million a year, and he sent everthing back to me telling me to contact Prudential. They told me there was nothing thay could do. I then wrote to the Teamsters in Oakland and they told me the same thing I am trying to get more retirement but with no luck. Any one out there that can help me?.
Thank you,:biting:

Last edited by a moderator:

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
A Central States bulletin, available here, states that “No participants, including those covered by a collective bargaining agreement under the ‘Primary Schedule’ of the rehabilitation plan, will be allowed to retire prior to achieving age 57” (unless they retire before July 1, 2011). GO TEAMSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

helenofcalifornia

Hal, what local did you work out of? And how can you only be getting $91 unless you were married and divorced a million times. And seriously, did you not check yearly as you were getting close to retirement with Western Conference to see what your retirement actually would be upon retirement? Did you get "80 and out?"

I tell everyone that will listen to me to take a day off of work and go in to the Teamsters office when the Western Conference guy comes around and he will tell you specifically what you will be looking at in retirement if you progress as expected. All you people out there who have been divorced should get your divorce papers into them before you lose them too. I found out when I went in the first time that I had to go to court to have my divorce papers re-addressed specifically to my retirement and what he will NOT be getting. Otherwise, he would have been on the receiving end. That alone would have probably cut at least 10 years off of my life. I'll spend his money he would have been getting at the bar on my next cruise.

UPSGUY72

You would think that you would find out how much money you be making from your retirement (pension, 401K, etc) a month before you retired not after. Nothing like putting the cart before the horse.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If the CEO wouldn't help you, then who will. $91 won't buy you supper in the Bay area. We are missing about 99% of the details here.

Hal, what local did you work out of? And how can you only be getting $91 unless you were married and divorced a million times. And seriously, did you not check yearly as you were getting close to retirement with Western Conference to see what your retirement actually would be upon retirement? Did you get "80 and out?"

I tell everyone that will listen to me to take a day off of work and go in to the Teamsters office when the Western Conference guy comes around and he will tell you specifically what you will be looking at in retirement if you progress as expected. All you people out there who have been divorced should get your divorce papers into them before you lose them too. I found out when I went in the first time that I had to go to court to have my divorce papers re-addressed specifically to my retirement and what he will NOT be getting. Otherwise, he would have been on the receiving end. That alone would have probably cut at least 10 years off of my life. I'll spend his money he would have been getting at the bar on my next cruise.
It's because he retired in 1931.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If the CEO wouldn't help you, then who will. $91 won't buy you supper in the Bay area. We are missing about 99% of the details here.

My wife and I go out to eat once a week usually and when we do our bill together is usually less than $20.
I guess if we lived in the Bay area, we would go out once a month.

DorkHead

Why would you have to contact Prudential? Where you injured some how? You have 20 yrs in. So you are 10 yrs shy of 30. How old are you? There has to be more to this story

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Where are you going Taco Bell?

First thing - we never eat desserts or drink alcoholic drinks or order appetizers - these are ripoffs. I drink water.
At many places, we share an entree.
On Sunday we went to Three Dollar Cafe.
We go to Chili's, The Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Buffalo Wild Wings, O'Charleys, Texas Roadhouse, Logan's Steakhouse, Chinese, Bar-B-Q and so on.
We usually take some leftover's home.
One place we are pushed to get out of at $20 or less is Carrabas which was $30 last time but $25 was with a gift card we got for Christmas. That was sharing an entree.
I usually bring my lunch or buy it at Walmart for $4.
Taco Bell has pretty good stuff on their $1 menu - we eat there a couple times a year.

First thing - we never eat desserts or drink alcoholic drinks or order appetizers - these are ripoffs. I drink water.
We go to Chili's, The Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Buffalo Wild Wings, O'Charleys, Texas Roadhouse, Logan's Steakhouse, Chinese, Bar-B-Q and so on.
One place we are pushed to get out of at $20 or less is Carrabas which was $30 last time but $25 was with a gift card we got for Christmas. That was sharing an entree.
Taco Bell has pretty good stuff on their $1 menu - we eat there a couple times a year.
You should start a new thread in the life after brown forum about restaurants and your quest to find the best deal.

menotyou

bella amicizia

I have never heard of an O'Charley's. Is it an irish place? We got a Tilted Kilt a few months ago. Still haven't tried, yet. I love Texas Roadhouse and Cracker Barrel. We are finally getting an Olive Garden. We are quite rural.