hall came to Earth City, MO hub today

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
For the last almost two years we have had subcontractors bringing in loads from pick up accounts that were ours at one time. That's logistics for ya. Since Ken was here today our feeder manager had the guards at the gate refusing entry to all subcontractors until after Hall left. And before anyone asks, yes we have filed many many grievances on this.

brett636

I thought that was due to the customers electing to bring in their trailers via their own contractors rather than paying us to go pick them up? We have a few trailers every night that come in via subcontractors and they just inbound it, drop it right past the gate where one of our shifters place it on the door and return it to the contractor when its empty. The vast majority of our customer pickups are made by our drivers.

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
UPS is letting UPS logistics make contract offers with our biggest shippers and sending contractors in to pick the stuff up and bring it to the hub. We get the oh were sorry. We lost that contract to UPS logistics. BS.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
brett636:866432 said:
I thought that was due to the customers electing to bring in their trailers via their own contractors rather than paying us to go pick them up? We have a few trailers every night that come in via subcontractors and they just inbound it, drop it right past the gate where one of our shifters place it on the door and return it to the contractor when its empty. The vast majority of our customer pickups are made by our drivers.

In our building the contractors put it right on our doors!

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
Screw that. The clerk answering the phones have tried to give them doors every now and then and we stop them and won't let them do it. We have a couple contractors coming in that were hired by the customers. But we are getting more in from customers we lost to ups logistics that are sending contractors in to pick the stuff up.

bigblu 2 you

UPS is letting UPS logistics make contract offers with our biggest shippers and sending contractors in to pick the stuff up and bring it to the hub. We get the oh were sorry. We lost that contract to UPS logistics. BS.
that is why we need new leadership.the current ,including hall,has set by idle while production harassment,surepost-basic,22.3,discipline under the guise of safety,subcontracting and sellouts at panels are at an all time high.i could tell you what hoffa sr,ron carey,even presser or williams wold have shut ups down for what is going on at your hub.sending big brown a message takes gonads,hoffa jr and crew dont have it,they are in bed with the company.dont fall for late in the game politics.

ups clerk

Did anyone say anything to him about it? what was he doing there?
hall was there for the 100 year anniversay of Joint Council 13. It was a picnic atmosphere, but really, it was a political ploy.
As you know, the General President Election is coming up and Hall, and I thought Hoffa was suppose to be there, they arrived because they are now trying to be best friends with everyone in hopes to winning votes. Hoffa is running the Teamsters Org into the ground and if he gets elected again, we wont have a Teamsters Org by the time he leaves. His father, Jimmy Hoffa has got to be turning over in his grave, seeing what his son is doing to the Teamsters. Jimmy gave up his life because he refused to buckle under Mob rule.
GO SANDY POPE!!!!!!!!!!

C

chuchu

that is why we need a leader like Sandy Pope with her as halls boss that would be sweet
MAYBE OUR BAs WILL FIND THE WILL TO TO THEIR JOBS IF WE GET A LITTLE "REGIME" CHANGE. HEY HOFFA, WHY DON'T YOU GIVE US BACK OUR SO CALLED STRIKE MONEY NOW....IF THE LOCAL HEARINGS ARE ANY INDICATION OF THE BACK DOOR DEALS THAT ARE TO COME WITH THE 2013 NEGOTIATIONS WE'LL NEVER GO ON STRIKE AGAIN ANYWAY. P.S./ YOU STILL OWE ME $75 FROM 1997.

bigblu 2 you

that is why we need a leader like Sandy Pope with her as halls boss that would be sweet
as far as i am concerned,hall had his day.if he were a leader he could have conviniced jr to man up on ups,he hasnt.if he wanted my vote he would have enforced the contract,fired the current sellouts on the panels and stopped the production harassment yesterday.

brett636

In our building the contractors put it right on our doors!

I'm assuming part of the reason they don't is due to the possibility of a grievance. The other part is that these contractors come in with 53 ft. trailers and a lot of our unload doors are difficult to fit one into it with our day cab tractors let alone the contractors who have full length semi's with sleeper cabs. Some doors its nearly impossible without a yard mule.

Bigboi

Maybe he is distributing some of those unfair production standard stickers. Those really had ups shaking in their boots last time. NOT!

S

speeddemon

I wish we could get our local union rep to come to the building at least once a year.