hall came to Earth City, MO hub today

preload1

It's a shame you folks don't get it. UPS pays your salaries through the service provided to our customers. UPS then contributes the monies to your pensions and health and welfare funds. The union sends you your monthly check like they had something to do with it. And they do have something to do with your monthly pension and benefits. They are charging more for your health benefits for you and your family and telling you have to work longer to receive the benefits you envisioned. Be glad your not one of the younger 20's, and 30's folks. They won't see as much as you will but they will still have to pay the monthy dues. Sounds like a Ponzai scheme to me. Just like Social Security. On the bright side, Obama has your back. And as long as he has your monthly dues so the Teamsters can contribute to his re-election campaign he won't stick a knife in it.

bigblu 2 you

It's a shame you folks don't get it. UPS pays your salaries through the service provided to our customers. UPS then contributes the monies to your pensions and health and welfare funds. The union sends you your monthly check like they had something to do with it. And they do have something to do with your monthly pension and benefits. They are charging more for your health benefits for you and your family and telling you have to work longer to receive the benefits you envisioned. Be glad your not one of the younger 20's, and 30's folks. They won't see as much as you will but they will still have to pay the monthy dues. Sounds like a Ponzai scheme to me. Just like Social Security. On the bright side, Obama has your back. And as long as he has your monthly dues so the Teamsters can contribute to his re-election campaign he won't stick a knife in it.
signed,s davis,preloader of the year.

804brown

Social Security is not a ponzi scheme. It works quite well actually. The only reason it will run into problems after 2036 is because the baby boomers retiring. Plus the fact that government borrowed all the surpluses from Social Security over the years; the program will be able to send out checks to all until 2036 and then if we do nothing can still pay out 75% of what they are owed til 2100. Not bad!!

C

chuchu

It is sad when an UPS employee thinks the union workers are on salaries. Duh. But we work pretty dark hard to support some clueless people who are paid salaries. Be thankful for your company stock, we earned that for you too. By the way, our customers appreciate the drivers who take care of THEIR cash flow in spite of pocket dispatches. The End.

preload1

804brown. Whether you realize it or not, and I don't think you do realize it, by your reply you just verified my original Social Secutity statement. Read what you wrote. Ask your Center Manager if he/she will pay you 75% of your current pay rate until you retire then hopefully the monies will be there to pay you the other 25%? That's what the union and the government are banking on. Ignorance and submission among the masses. That employee's like yourself think this way is their dream. Ask some of the younger folks who have taken courses in Economics 101 how it works. Or better still...try balancing a checkbook. You will be surprised my friend.

bigblu 2 you

804brown. Whether you realize it or not, and I don't think you do realize it, by your reply you just verified my original Social Secutity statement. Read what you wrote. Ask your Center Manager if he/she will pay you 75% of your current pay rate until you retire then hopefully the monies will be there to pay you the other 25%? That's what the union and the government are banking on. Ignorance and submission among the masses. That employee's like yourself think this way is their dream. Ask some of the younger folks who have taken courses in Economics 101 how it works. Or better still...try balancing a checkbook. You will be surprised my friend.
thank you sincerely, signed, bernie madoff,preloader of the year.

22.34life

hall came in my building this year and shook drivers hands and hung out at the package car centers but never approached a p/t or any combo people and never even walked in the pds in the hub.

804brown

804brown. Whether you realize it or not, and I don't think you do realize it, by your reply you just verified my original Social Secutity statement. Read what you wrote. Ask your Center Manager if he/she will pay you 75% of your current pay rate until you retire then hopefully the monies will be there to pay you the other 25%? That's what the union and the government are banking on. Ignorance and submission among the masses. That employee's like yourself think this way is their dream. Ask some of the younger folks who have taken courses in Economics 101 how it works. Or better still...try balancing a checkbook. You will be surprised my friend. [/QUOTE

Ignorance?? Re read what I wrote. 75% IF NOTHING IS DONE!! All that needs to be done to make the system 100% indefintiely would be to raise the cap on wages that are subject to the Social Security tax. At this moment the first $106, 000 of your wages are taxed at about 6%. So right now both Warren Buffett and my B/A are taxed on their first $106,000 in wages. To the B/A it is about 100% of his wages , but to Buffett it is about 1/1000th of his salary. If the government raises the cap so that all of his wages are subject to 6% tax, Social Security is good indefinitely!! Its about the will of our elected officials to do the right thing. But that would mean hurting the rich and powerful and not cutting programs for the poor and middle class. I can dream cant I??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Social Security was never meant to be the sole means of retirement income. I plan to start taking SS as soon as I become eligible and will use it as my "fun money".