hall is the G.O.A.T

stink219

Thank you for the kind words brother. I will always have your back. Know this as fact. You helped me out early on and it's never been forgotten. It's always a pleasure to stand with a solid friend of labor such as yourself. Anything you ever need of me, my resources or my hard pipe hitting friends, you know I'm only a phone call away.
We don't even know all the details yet you cheerlead. Stop your goose stepping until we know all the details. I am exited too. I am hoping that Ken came through for us. Looks like he did. The devils in the details. I mean if our union run health care doesn't stack up against what UPS had for us, then it's a no vote for me. But if it's close, I would probably support it.
But why of all quotes did you choose my thank you to 407?

stink219

70 cents per hour. $28 per week for
40 hr week. You call that good ? WTF after taxes, what's left of that BIG $28 raise ? I don't think hall and Hoffa get 70 cent raises ... How about the ups ceo ? Yeah great, really great. Vote NO
Are you a 22.3 or something? This is more TDU spin. Words like "the same raises as last time". It's not the same as last time it's in addition to. I work at least 9.5. So not including pension and health contributions, we are talking about $1865 in the first year that will not go away. On top of another $1865
The following. On top of another the following. Then the last 2 years at $2531. So I'm looking at a $10,000 dollar bump in my income. Ken P will have to put me on his $100K club list. LMFAO!!!!! That was funny!! Admit it!! Come on?

Nimnim

The Nim
From what I'm reading here since there's no actual details of the tentative agreement yet, I'll end up paying more for my insurance since I pay virtually nothing, aside from copays, in the ups plan, and the raises might cover inflation I'm experiencing as a PTer. I don't get the luxury of OT or triple time for over 9.5. I'm looking at net losses here, along with every other PTer in my location if we have to pay more than we do now for using our benefits.

Until the details come out there is no way I'd vote yes. Even if I can survive the hit I won't subject the others around me who might not to it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
From what I'm reading here since there's no actual details of the tentative agreement yet, I'll end up paying more for my insurance since I pay virtually nothing, aside from copays, in the ups plan, and the raises might cover inflation I'm experiencing as a PTer. I don't get the luxury of OT or triple time for over 9.5. I'm looking at net losses here, along with every other PTer in my location if we have to pay more than we do now for using our benefits.

Until the details come out there is no way I'd vote yes. Even if I can survive the hit I won't subject the others around me who might not to it.

News flash. 3 hours a day will never support someone at any wage.

Nimnim

The Nim
News flash. 3 hours a day will never support someone at any wage.

Contract guarantee is 3.5, but regardless understood. Beyond that though I work with people with 12 years who sign the bid sheets and haven't been approached for FT. Should we PTers get further slapped around while we wait to reach the holy grail of FT?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Contract guarantee is 3.5, but regardless understood. Beyond that though I work with people with 12 years who sign the bid sheets and haven't been approached for FT. Should we PTers get further slapped around while we wait to reach the holy grail of FT?

Maybe the FT gig is the Holy Grail because the PT ranks were sacrificed. There is only so much to go around.

Nimnim

The Nim
Maybe the FT gig is the Holy Grail because the PT ranks were sacrificed. There is only so much to go around.

I can't really argue that, but if FT is being made harder to get into because it's become a "Holy Grail" due to how PT ranks were sacrificed, I really have a hard time agreeing to any less benefits to PTers as we have now if we're already being made to wait longer partly due to how we've been sacrificed before.

I also work on a midnight shift which also makes it harder to work a second job, either hours would overlap or there'd be obscene gaps that wear people out even faster. I'm not saying it can't be done but it's harder for my shift.

*As it's harder we'd rather not have to wait 10+ years for FT where we'd not have to work a second job or get less of a shaft where we could potentially live bare bones without having to work a second job that could accelerate the pain while we wait.

Last edited:

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
We recently had a flood of new package car and feeder jobs go up for bidding in my hub -- which should, in theory, lower the overall wait time to get a FT job. This has been the first time in over 15 years that any part timers have had a legitimate shot at getting into package cars; last time we had jobs open up in package, only 22.3's got in and their jobs were basically sent out-of-state.

Hopefully, if the 22.3 language was tightened up (this and the language on SurePost are the two things I am most interested in, aside from the details on which Teamsters are moving into what health care plan) this should definitely help. UPS has been getting away with shuttling 22.3 combo jobs out of the locals they were originally created in and have been moving these jobs to more "convenient" locations for some time now. If the +2,000 new FT jobs are 22.3's (which it what it sounds like, according to the press release) and tighter 22.3 language was agreed upon, I think we'll see some of this alleviated.

I am sure the new FT jobs will be 22.3, but interestingly enough my building has laid off all but 10-15 of their 22.3s. In 2007 we had well over 40 22.3s, but anyone that had a driving half or a porter (janitor) half was laid off and the work forced back onto drivers or areas left unclean. Some drivers jumped at the chance to start at 6am to deliver EAMs. My building quit filling 22.3's as they became vacant and the BA is still fighting to have them filled. What I do hope happens it their is stronger language to keep 22.3's from being laid off. Language for reinstatement of previously vacated and unfilled 22.3 positions. Surepost language that allows air drivers to deliver it and hopefully making jobs there or maintaining work for a possible lay off. Either way, I am still preparing for the long haul if we are not improving the standard of living for our fellow Brothers and Sisters in this contract and giving people an opportunity to improve their living situations. Currently and have been all along at a wait and see mindset.

ups hero

Im not asking for details but do u have info? U are sure this is a win?
Yup. Just remember you are a Teamster. They might not fund your wife's income but they fund yours. Labor needs friend on this forum and so do I. I have aligned myself with labor and hall. Believe it or not he has your best interest at HEART. Endorse a yes vote.

No offense anonymous, you must know a lot more about the details than most of us. I hope your right too. As I see it now, I don't like it. I'm worried about the healthcare and the retired. Do you honestly think this is a big win? I don't mean to offend, I'm just looking for an honest answer.

A

anonymous6

i can not believe the euphoria of this handshake deal before any details were known!!!!!!! are you guys just happy that a strike may not happen now and you can continue making payments on your boat, harley and other toys???

this contract will pass because of naive and uninformed Teamsters. that's the trouble with people who probably haven't known hard times.

glad i can retire anytime I want to.

No offense anonymous, you must know a lot more about the details than most of us. I hope your right too. As I see it now, I don't like it. I'm worried about the healthcare and the retired. Do you honestly think this is a big win? I don't mean to offend, I'm just looking for an honest answer.
A year from now you will see I'm right. I'm done explaining anything on this site about the contract. I don't want to get myself in trouble. I've said enough. Check back a year from now and ill be more than happy to listen to you all say I was right after all.

Last edited:

stink219

i can not believe the euphoria of this handshake deal before any details were known!!!!!!! are you guys just happy that a strike may not happen now and you can continue making payments on your boat, harley and other toys???

this contract will pass because of naive and uninformed Teamsters. that's the trouble with people who probably haven't known hard times.

glad i can retire anytime I want to.
Maybe some of the people got what they wanted already. The young want wages, the older want pensions and the people with families want health. Based on what I know, I'm voting yes. If something in the other language is completely disastrous then I will not. But your last part I don't agree with. Where I came from, I was so poor I couldn't even "pay" attention (for Hoax).

Maybe some of the people got what they wanted already. The young want wages, the older want pensions and the people with families want health. Based on what I know, I'm voting yes. If something in the other language is completely disastrous then I will not. But your last part I don't agree with. Where I came from, I was so poor I couldn't even "pay" attention (for Hoax).
Maybe that's why we seem to be on the same page. I grew up poor also. Now I'm thankful for what I've got and to stick up for others against a bully for free. I like how I get slammed on this site by these TDU guys. Maybe you hit the nail on the head there Stink.

Inthegame

Maybe that's why we seem to be on the same page. I grew up poor also. Now I'm thankful for what I've got and to stick up for others against a bully for free. I like how I get slammed on this site by these TDU guys. Maybe you hit the nail on the head there Stink.
Relax 407, go find William Devaughn's "Be thankful..." on YouTube and let the coolest music ever recorded chill you to the bone...
You're fighting the good fight and unlike so many weak followers you're a strong leader. Keep it up and you'll never have a problem looking in the mirror...

stink219

407, Thanks buddy. I believe you are correct except I believe most people share our beliefs about real unionism. We need more people like you that have no fear in protecting our union. We appreciate you!