hall it's time too MAN UP

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Crowbar, I have been watching the Verizon work stoppage with interest as IMO their situation mirrors ours fairly closely. They have decided to return to work tonight and will continue to work on an agreement. There was none of the public support that we got in 1997. No one stopped at their picket line to offer them food and drinks. Very few people honked their horns in support. Most of the feedback that I got was that very few people realized that they were on strike and the few that did have very little sympathy for them or the work stoppage. With the economy worsening we would have zero public support if we decide to walk.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
$69K YTD??? I am just shy of $43K. How much of that is grievance money?

$43K? You must work in package paradise with very little overtime!
I have been well over $90k the last two years and am well on my way to $100K this year.
Just excess overtime and bonus.
Our local doesn't have the triple time payout for grievances because we retain the right to strike over the issue.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
....."Here in southern california, excessive overtime in extreme heat causes ..............." (TOS)

Just remarked to a friend the other day that we only hit 80 degrees twice so far this summer in SoCal where I live.
Extreme heat is 100 degrees and 99% humidity in N. Carolina or 115 degrees in Phoenix or Las Vegas. If you call SoCal extreme heat, you will get laughed out of the room!!

Hey bill nye the science guy, not everyone lives by the beach...maybe you didnt realize the further inland you go, the hotter it gets. The average temps so far out in my delivery area has been 98.9 degrees and going over 100 the whole week this week.

Our deserts are even hotter.

Expand your horizons.

peace.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Hey more, the high desert is alot different than the beach, maybe you dont venture out far enough eh? maybe the golf cart may not have the juice to get there?

Peace.

Here in Georgia it's 95+ degree days with the 85% humidity that does it. Right after a summer rain downpour it's down right nasty funk. Most people don't know what swamp ass is until they work outdoors for any extended amount of time around here. Needless to say, you don't have to explain it to them that night.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hey more, the high desert is alot different than the beach, maybe you dont venture out far enough eh? maybe the golf cart may not have the juice to get there?

Peace.

Southern California is most easily divisible by counties. The following counties are completely in the Southern California region:
  • Santa Barbara County
  • Ventura County
  • Los Angeles County
  • Orange County
  • San Diego County
Due to their vast size (San Bernardino County is larger nine of the states in the U.S.) and varied topography these counties are split among two different regions. The westernmost urban portions are considered part of Southern California and the eastern desert sections are part of Desert region.
  • San Bernardino County
  • Riverside County
Seems that Eastern desert portions are not thought of as Southern CA.... San B. and Riverside is where the high heat is and like the writing above, I don't include them in my "SoCal".

moreluck

golden ticket member
You can check, but if someone's area of responsibility at UPS is SoCal.....I don't believe it includes Victorvill, Hesperia, etc!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You can check, but if someone's area of responsibility at UPS is SoCal.....I don't believe it includes Victorvill, Hesperia, etc!

Hey Captn oblivious, it was 106 today on my route....what happened to the 80's you were talking about?? Going to be hotter tomorrow and the next day.. We had one driver taken off route for heat exhaustion.

?????

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Take your outside thermometer out of the sun.

LA today will be 85
Irvine today will be 84
San Clemente will be 83(our high for this year)

Gee, a 20 degree drop from yesterday.....amazing!! Where do you work, ElCentro????????

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Take your outside thermometer out of the sun.

LA today will be 85
Irvine today will be 84
San Clemente will be 83(our high for this year)

Gee, a 20 degree drop from yesterday.....amazing!! Where do you work, ElCentro????????

Man, i guess you also failed geography as well as civics.... The valleys are in the 100's all this week. Just in case, the "valleys" are those places with those big brown things behind them! There called mountains.

Peace.