hall Video: Don’t Mess With Our Members’ Pensions

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
That was just sort of a rallying statement imho, but I don't believe anyone is intimidated by it.

Cole, you are correct on this. This video was made in Los Vegas before the last Contract Negotiating Meeting in Washington DC. This is more of a political speech than anything else. Lots of rhetoric in it for the crowd he is speaking to.

705red

Browncafe Steward
You teamster boys had better get some tougher BA's than the ones down here in NC, because when things start getting heated they turn tail and run.
If its a challenge your looking for come on down to chicago and we will have a talk with you. Not the ba's us stewards will handle this challenge of debate. Please please please, cant wait to see ya.

sawdusttv

If its a challenge your looking for come on down to chicago and we will have a talk with you. Not the ba's us stewards will handle this challenge of debate. Please please please, cant wait to see ya.

Ya'll make better money up there than we do down here, you pay less for your insurance and get larger pension checks.
You can afford to come down here easier than I can come up there. So, come on down, you and your big bad teamster steward buddies:w00t:
I'll show you some southern hospitality:)

Channahon

705 Red

Nhguy if your not a teamster you have no place to comment on the issue. What exactly your title ay ups, some sort of management i suspect

All members at the Cafe have the right to contribute their thoughts on any thread.
If we didn't have an interest in UPS issues, we wouldn't have joined the Cafe.

And yes, I was in management at UPS. And had many dealings with the Teamsters during my career. It's a business on both sides, and both UPS and Teamstes generally conduct themselves professionally, in my opinion.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Good point Rock, but just who is mr. Hall going to get to do the butt kicking because I have not run into any of the teamster boys with the cajones to back up the words, and believe me, the APWA boys, myself included have been going nose to nose with them for over two years now, and we're not backing down from any of the teamster thugs. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You hav`nt met me yet

Last edited:

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Never said he was the sharpest knife in the drawer, friend. Anyone that would threaten UPS is an idiot as far as I'm concerned. Then again, coming from a Teamster official, I'm really not surprised he'd make such a threat:thumbdown. I've never been intimidated by a union official but I've seen enough on here to know it happens all too often. -Rocky

Whos side you on kid ? and who or what have you ever "seen" to know it happens . Watching the movie Hoffa doesnt count buddy. That wasnt a threat , a threat is when you target individuals , not a name . His objective was to get teamster members fired up and ready to battle (so to speek)
the only **** kicking will be done by coorperate lawyers and the battle ground will be a nice air conditioned office with leather chairs a big table and coffe and donuts."
I think your full of shti personaly Rocko, but if what you say is true and you have seen union reps threaten people (managment not included) then you need to step up and say something , we pay these guys ,they work for us and are supposed to act in our best interests.
I hope that you are just making crap up that sounds cool to boost your rep but if youre not then you need to do something about it .

Channahon

UK GUY

I have been reading Rocky's post since I joined the Cafe. He is a smart, intelligent person, who puts thoughts into his repsonses.

If I'm not mistaken, weren't you looking for support to get your job back at UPS on this board?

You received a lot of information, most notably, from Tieguy regarding a termination letter that you never received.

That you stated got your job back, not Mr Hoffa, whose letter you posted on this site.

Which by the way, you stated, you never received a response.

We all have our opinions, we all have respect for one another, however, it's getting a little difficult reading your posts lately.

This site is a two way street, we all posts our opinions, we have different points of view, and we have respect for each other.

Somehow, the word "bully" comes to mind.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Ya'll make better money up there than we do down here, you pay less for your insurance and get larger pension checks.
You can afford to come down here easier than I can come up there. So, come on down, you and your big bad teamster steward buddies:w00t:
I'll show you some southern hospitality:)
Your all talk, you were looking for a challenge i offered you declined, were leave it at that.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Whos side you on kid?

I'm on the side of right. In this case, I can't seem to find one. I'm expressing an opinion. Got a problem with that, talk to your U.S. Congressman about throwing out the Constitution.

and who or what have you ever "seen" to know it happens . Watching the movie Hoffa doesnt count buddy. That wasnt a threat , a threat is when you target individuals , not a name . His objective was to get teamster members fired up and ready to battle (so to speek)

Nope, never seen it personally but I've seen the descriptions on here of various union horror stories. Look 'em up. In his effort to "fire up" UPS Teamsters, Hall went too far--in my opinion.

I think your full of shti personaly Rocko, but if what you say is true and you have seen union reps threaten people (managment not included) then you need to step up and say something , we pay these guys ,they work for us and are supposed to act in our best interests.
I hope that you are just making crap up that sounds cool to boost your rep but if youre not then you need to do something about it .

Nope, not full of :censored2:, sir. I'm not going to stick my nose where it isn't wanted unless its a physical altercation threatening death or grave bodily harm to an individual. I think my opinion of the Teamsters all around is pretty well known by now. Just ask the pro-APWA people. According to them, I'm a sort of fence-sitter. According to the pro-Teamster crowd, I'm a spineless :censored2:. I'm neither. If you care to pose an ethical or other question, I'll be glad to give you my response.

I'm starting to agree with Tie, UK. You are a loose cannon. Loose cannons scare the h*ll outta me almost as much as ships without rudders. Is it possible you are a sort of lightening rod for those in your center?? I really think you need professional help, friend, or did you just go around the bend?? -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward
I'm on the side of right. In this case, I can't seem to find one. I'm expressing an opinion. Got a problem with that, talk to your U.S. Congressman about throwing out the Constitution.

Nope, never seen it personally but I've seen the descriptions on here of various union horror stories. Look 'em up. In his effort to "fire up" UPS Teamsters, Hall went too far--in my opinion.

Nope, not full of :censored2:, sir. I'm not going to stick my nose where it isn't wanted unless its a physical altercation threatening death or grave bodily harm to an individual. I think my opinion of the Teamsters all around is pretty well known by now. Just ask the pro-APWA people. According to them, I'm a sort of fence-sitter. According to the pro-Teamster crowd, I'm a spineless :censored2:. I'm neither. If you care to pose an ethical or other question, I'll be glad to give you my response.

I'm starting to agree with Tie, UK. You are a loose cannon. Loose cannons scare the h*ll outta me almost as much as ships without rudders. Is it possible you are a sort of lightening rod for those in your center?? I really think you need professional help, friend, or did you just go around the bend?? -Rocky
Rocky that video of hall was at the teamster unity conference in vegas several weeks ago. You only saw a couple minutes of it he was on for about 30 mins, and there were teamsters from all the trades there not just ups.

Uk rocky is a good kid and you have to agree to disagree some time!

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
UK GUY

I have been reading Rocky's post since I joined the Cafe. He is a smart, intelligent person, who puts thoughts into his repsonses.

If I'm not mistaken, weren't you looking for support to get your job back at UPS on this board?

You received a lot of information, most notably, from Tieguy regarding a termination letter that you never received.

That you stated got your job back, not Mr Hoffa, whose letter you posted on this site.

Which by the way, you stated, you never received a response.

We all have our opinions, we all have respect for one another, however, it's getting a little difficult reading your posts lately.

This site is a two way street, we all posts our opinions, we have different points of view, and we have respect for each other.

Somehow, the word "bully" comes to mind.

I dont see it your way , Rocky may be pope john paul to you , but he was down right dis-respectful to me . And "I wish the unions did not have to fight for the loose cannons ,lazies and other unmotivated hourlies but sadly this is not going to happen " You shouldnt post crap like this if you dont want to start somthing. especialy on a post that is directed at me because I will take it personaly.

This site is a two way street , thats right he gave me his opinion, I didnt like it and gave him my opinion right back ,Im sorry you didnt agree with my opinion of c={ rocky the saint ! but it doesnt change what I think of him and any way, this is a grown man your defending , He was man enough to write some pretty bold statements which he hasnt backed up very well , he should be man enough to address them.

I dont like bullies either, but I hate ignorance ! and to quote a good freind of mine .....
"I've seen enough on here to know it happens all too often. -Rocky"
he took the words right out of my mouth.

channahon , if its getting difficult to read my posts I have the number for a great optometrist who takes our insurance and waives the deductable.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Rocky that video of hall was at the teamster unity conference in vegas several weeks ago. You only saw a couple minutes of it he was on for about 30 mins, and there were teamsters from all the trades there not just ups.

Uk rocky is a good kid and you have to agree to disagree some time!
I`m sure he is a good kid but come on 705 , The sad thing is that I have nothing better to do with my time right now . Usualy I would just laugh and shine it on, but now I laugh and have time to write back , dude look at how this kid writes , " I can't abide(accept, acknowledge, bear, bear with*, concede, consent, defer, endure, hang in*, hang tough*, live with*, put up with*, receive, sit tight*, stand, stand for, stomach, submit to, suffer, swallow, take, tolerate, withstand ) tattoos. I can tolerate( abide, accept, admit, authorize, be big, bear, bear with, brook, condone, consent to, countenance, endure, go, have, hear, humor, indulge, live with, permit, pocket, receive, sanction, stand, stand for, stomach*, string along, submit to, suffer, sustain, swallow*, take, tough out*, undergo, wink at*)' when they are small in size but not numerous or largeIt makes ya seem like a punk and in many parts of Denver, the only people that have a lot of 'em are of the undesirable element."

I can see that he feels strongly, very strongly about the nonsence that he jots down. I cant respect anyone that stands behind such stupid and stereotypical comments or opinions . I will leave him alone but only because I couldnt say no to his fairy godmother when she asked a few posts back.

I wouldnt want you to have to tolorate me any longer Rocky.
Grow up and have a nice life , Later Dude

sawdusttv

Your all talk, you were looking for a challenge i offered you declined, were leave it at that.

I didn't decline anything. You made the challenge, I named the place. If you're as big and bad as you say, you shouldn't have a problem with that. Or, is it the same old Teamster mentality? You're a big man in your back yard with your gang of thugs to back you up, but take you out of that back yard and you're nothing.
Oh, and by the way, that didn't sound like a challenge, it was more like a threat.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
this is a grown man your defending , He was man enough to write some pretty bold statements which he hasnt backed up very well , he should be man enough to address them.

Yep, I am a grown man. I'm also man enough to walk away from a fight. I fight my own battles but I never turn down support. I'm done arguing with you, UK. -Rocky

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I didn't decline anything. You made the challenge, I named the place. If you're as big and bad as you say, you shouldn't have a problem with that. Or, is it the same old Teamster mentality? You're a big man in your back yard with your gang of thugs to back you up, but take you out of that back yard and you're nothing.
Oh, and by the way, that didn't sound like a challenge, it was more like a threat.
Ok guys, the forum is for discussions, not threats and bullying.

From the Terms of Service:

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion board about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals, their ideas or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

W

westsideworma

wow...I'm not sure what to think of this, a bunch of interweb toughguys. Lighten up guys...

and as for the video, it wasn't worded the best way possible, but I don't think he stuttered that badly. I'm not pro teamster, I'm not pro APWA, I'm pro-whoever is going to serve me the best.

Personally I think they should get crackin so more teamsters aren't laid off because everyone knows volume drops a bit during contract talks because people are scared of a strike (even though its said we can't) and such. Not everyone KNOWS we can't strike and so some will send some of their work elsewhere as a precaution. It ain't BS before someone says so and Fed Ex is better able to handle the volume this time around. With their pricing we may not get those packages back.

Last edited by a moderator:

705red

Browncafe Steward
wow...I'm not sure what to think of this, a bunch of interweb toughguys. Lighten up guys...

and as for the video, it wasn't worded the best way possible, but I don't think he stuttered that badly. I'm not pro teamster, I'm not pro APWA, I'm pro-whoever is going to serve me the best.

Personally I think they should get crackin so more teamsters aren't laid off because everyone knows volume drops a bit during contract talks because people are scared of a strike (even though its said we can't) and such. Not everyone KNOWS we can't strike and so some will send some of their work elsewhere as a precaution. It ain't BS before someone says so and Fed Ex is better able to handle the volume this time around. With their pricing we may not get those packages back.
You said not every one knows we cant strike, why cant we strike? Im out of chicago and we have struck ups 3xs since 1995 and put them on notice 2xs this year already. Im not saying we should strike right now, but never say we cant, thats a big bargaining chip. Since the strike in 97 ups has profited over $27 billion, now i believe both sides want to come to an early agreement, it only benefits us and hurts the competion.

hall is a very competent man and will bring home a strong contract, 2002 was a pretty good contract and that was done without a strike, were in good hands!

sawdusttv

You said not every one knows we cant strike, why cant we strike? Im out of chicago and we have struck ups 3xs since 1995 and put them on notice 2xs this year already. Im not saying we should strike right now, but never say we cant, thats a big bargaining chip. Since the strike in 97 ups has profited over $27 billion, now i believe both sides want to come to an early agreement, it only benefits us and hurts the competion.

hall is a very competent man and will bring home a strong contract, 2002 was a pretty good contract and that was done without a strike, were in good hands!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: