Halloween....after 24 yrs they finally get it right

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
At our PCM on Friday, our center manager told us that her goal for Halloween is to try and get all of the residential deliveries done before dark in order to avoid the obvious safety issues associated with the thousands of children that will be trick or treating.

Extra routes are actually being put in, and preload is being started early in order to gurantee an early wrap up and get us out of the building faster. We will be allowed to start early if our car is loaded and ready to go.

I'm impressed. A thoughtful, logical, proactive approach to a legitimate safety concern. I keep thinking I'm dreaming and that I will wake up on Monday morning to another 11 hr day. This cannot possibly be the UPS that I have grown to love and admire so much!

These are the same people who say they care about your personal safety and it is impossible to get injured if you work according to their training. For my part, I'm an agnostic when it comes to UPS doing the right thing: I'll believe it when I see it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I was off this past wek because we usually have Trick-or-Treat on Thursday night before Halloween. But then it rained and they postponed ToT to Monday. Now I have to see if I can have off on Monday so that I can be home for ToT to hand out candy while the wife takes the kids out for the great candy walk.

UPSGUY72

Everything is going to change Monday morning the Dispatch Manger has people higher than you center manager that he answers too and gets his orders from. Are center manager has little control over the number of routes going out on any given day. It all about stops per car.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It's not Monday yet.
Just sayin......

I know, I know. I've heard it all before. However, they did schedule preload to start early, and they did put a couple of extra routes in...at least on paper. Lets hope some useless turd from IE doesnt find out about it and order the routes to be eliminated 15 minutes before start time so that we look better on some report. I have spent enough dark Halloween evenings white-knuckling a package car thru a neighborhood full of hyperactive children, I really dont need to do it any more. Its a legitimate safety issue and even the most hard-boiled corporate maroon ought to see the wisdom in getting everybody done and off the clock before dark.

I know, I know. I've heard it all before. However, they did schedule preload to start early, and they did put a couple of extra routes in...at least on paper. Lets hope some useless turd from IE doesnt find out about it and order the routes to be eliminated 15 minutes before start time so that we look better on some report. I have spent enough dark Halloween evenings white-knuckling a package car thru a neighborhood full of hyperactive children, I really dont need to do it any more. Its a legitimate safety issue and even the most hard-boiled corporate maroon ought to see the wisdom in getting everybody done and off the clock before dark.

It`s because the corporate morons offspring gets driven house to house in a limo.