Hammered with overtime?

brownIEman

A Fedex driver I know is having his start time pushed back to 10. Fedex- no layoffs-reduced hours. UPS- layoffs-massive hours of OT. Are we really saving a ton of money with this plan?

in a word, yes.

Fedex does not have the benefits costs UPS does, and cutting back hours at UPS would be very limited in it's ability to save the company money- 8 hour guarantee.

brownIEman

I'm not to far behind you Trp. I will be filing #6 today(I think it's #6, I have so many I have lsot track). This past week I didn't have a 9.5 but it is because I had a 3 day ride along and 2 8 hr requests. LOL I'm sure all will be back to normal this week, at least what the current normal is.

umm, am I reading this right? No offense meant here, but are you telling us that you work under 9.5 when you have a ride along and over 9.5 when you don't?

sealbasher

I think you guys getting lots of OT are going to miss it when its gone.
Some drivers are down $300 a week and its a big lifestyle change.
I wouldn't be surprised if it went to 9 hrs in the near future.

ive never had so much ot in the first five months,its worse than peak

UPSNewbie

umm, am I reading this right? No offense meant here, but are you telling us that you work under 9.5 when you have a ride along and over 9.5 when you don't?

I worked at UPS for a short 30 days. However, I would see an on-car sup pulling packages out of a PC with that driver having a ride along for the day. You honestly believe load-massaging doesn't exist?

My source, which would be my eyes, have no bias towards drivers.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
No offense taken. I was under 9.5 for 3 days for 2 different reasons. 1 because I had 2 8hr requests. 2 because they pulled work off to be under 9.5 for the third day. This was for the week of the OJS.

satellitedriver

M/M Dilli-Tex, you got me.

Over, I meant to ask you. I wandered over to Package Smashers and it's like you are Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde. Mr. Hyde here on BC and Dr. Jeckyl over there. Are those posts really from you?

Jones--glad I could help you out with your new signature.
There is there and here is here.
Never the twain should meet.
May, Rudyard Kipling forgive me.

over9five

Staff member
From what I understand, it's primarily a website that pounds UPS for every little mistake we make. I think they also criticize other carriers but not as harsh as UPS.
Google and five...it may make your eyes bug out. LOL

Does it have forums? Upstate must mean someone there has the same name as me?

over9five

Staff member
I'm not sure what the format is, never been there. I took it that they had an Over9five also.

Someone stole my name??? Do they know who I am??? Do they understand who they're dealing with???

I might just go over there right now! (and register as UpstateNYUPSer!)

profile_sm.gif
Summary - Over9five Picture/Text Name: Over9five Posts: 74 (0.153 per day) Position: Reglar User Karma: +3/-0 Date Registered: January 21, 2008, 05:09:28 pm Last Active: Today at 01:45:54 pm ICQ:
AIM:
MSN:
YIM:
Email: hidden Website:
Current Status:
useron.gif
Local Time: May 20, 2009, 09:48:04 am Language:

GO get em Tiger...grrrrr

over9five

Staff member
74 posts in 17 months make you a "reglar" user? Pretty low standards over there.
He was on today at 1:45pm? Where the heck does he live??

Can't find the site. Packagesmashers.com doesn't work.

74 posts in 17 months make you a "reglar" user? Pretty low standards over there.
He was on today at 1:45pm? Where the heck does he live??

Can't find the site. Packagesmashers.com doesn't work.
Try the link I so diligently provided for your convenience in post # 54

hint....it's BLUE

ups1990

In our morning pcm. We were told to expect to go out with even more stops than usual. center manager said it's a national decision to cut even more routes than what is being cut now. We're already doing more with less. I guess now its do more and more with less and less. Did anyone else hear this today?

In our morning pcm. We were told to expect to go out with even more stops than usual. center manager said it's a national decision to cut even more routes than what is being cut now. We're already doing more with less. I guess now its do more and more with less and less. Did anyone else hear this today?
I've had a relapse of my comp injury, so I am not going to work at all. Hopefully we can get me back soon.

I don't see how they can cut anymore in our center, honestly. As I posted in another thread, half of our routes are already working over 9.5 everyday and no one is getting done close to 8 hours.

brownIEman

With the amount of money we are losing, we have no choice but to do more with less. We have to stop the hemorrhaging, before we get into actual red.

Our profit dropped by 55% last quarter compared to a year ago. If that trend continues...