Hand Carts

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by stealth8, Jan 4, 2009.

1. stealth8

stealth8 Active Member

Does anyone else have the problem of having your handcart stolen by your fellow drivers? In my hub it happens all of the time. I regularly lock mine up in my pkg car at the end of everyday to avoid someone "borrowing" it. Friday I unlocked mine and left the area to take a leak, and when I returned it was gone! Our center manager has tried to remedy this situation by spray painting our center's carts all the same color, and allowing us to put our names on them, but even this doesn't make a difference. I have been a pkg car driver now for 28yrs and never had to lock up anything until the last few years. I guess this is a sign of the times. Is this unique to my area?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Please refer to "Broken HT" thread for everything and anything you wanted to know about handcarts.

3. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

4. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Here's all the answers to your question, and then some. Try typing the main point of your question into the search bar and you'll see all sorts of threads that pertain to your subject. If you don't, then start a new thread.

As suspected, we're all of one mind on this.

5. Box_Junkie

Box_Junkie Member

I work at a small center; 25-30 routes. We used to have this problem too. Then the center broke down and ordered a few new handcarts here and there. Now only a couple extra PC's out in the yard don't have handcarts. A bigger center might not be able to squeeze this solution into their budget, but it worked for us!

6. brownman15

brownman15 New Member

yes it happens all the time we have 2 cages 2 lock them in and i dont unlock mine until after pcm and put it in my truck right away. if u leave it in front of the truck it may disappear

7. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

Hey Bbag, how ya doing?

8. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

Last time i checked they all are ups property no stealling involved .

9. brownman15

brownman15 New Member

but they are assigned 2 drivers with there names on it

10. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

How did you miss "Broken HT"? :happy-very:

11. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I've told management the simple solution to this many times:

Have enough handcarts so there is no NEED for anyone to steal any.

12. brownman15

brownman15 New Member

exactly or have 1 hand cart in every truck

13. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Can never happen...They will always be hoarded.

14. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

The problem is, some people break theirs and then go swipe somebody else's. They don't bother with ordering and waiting for a new one, and there are no spares around.

15. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

I never remove a hand cart from a loaded truck, just won't do it... and I don't like it, it isn't me.
    Now, empty trucks are fair game.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Damn you and your scruples!!

17. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I think you and I would work well together. :happy-very:

at the job that is................

18. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

I have no doubt we would, we both have scruples. I bet we could work well together at many things. Now don't worry, I don't have my mind in the gutter, and I'm sure you don't either.

19. Cobra Agent

Cobra Agent Mandalorian

kinda off the subject....I was delievering a college once, and delivered the first floor of a building, then had to go to the 4th floor for one measly delivery. Of course no elevator, when i got back down my 2 and 4 wheeler were gone. A couple of weeks later they popped up in another building, nowhere near where they came up missing. I know now to never leave hand trucks lying dormat when students are moving in! Needless to say the rest of the day sucked.....(and i didnt say a word about it until now)

20. jennie

jennie New Member

hahahaha cobra agent