Hand Carts

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Except if one of the drivers that covers your route is also one of those that steals. Did that for years. Then drivers left building knowing they could beat me there, and got the hand truck.

Finally I just chained it to the back of the bulkhead area.

The thieves then find easier pickings. BTW, my 1000 was at the end of the building, so first to always get robbed.

d

satellitedriver

...and we should have proper dispatches, uniforms that don't fall apart after the first wash, our birthdays off as paid holidays, 3 point seat belts, respect from mgt and the ability to participate in decisions regarding daily operations, drivers that don't start an hour early to sort their pkg cars and hinder their preloaders, drivers who don't run and gun and skip their lunches, the ability to remain anonymous on this forum, world peace and the end to mindless rants by The Other Side.
Funny, except for this part.
. the ability to remain anonymous on this forum
I hope this was made in general jest, if you have had personal experience in this area, please let any Mod or Cheryl know where the flaw in this forum is that let that occur.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Funny, except for this part.

I hope this was made in general jest, if you have had personal experience in this area, please let any Mod or Cheryl know where the flaw in this forum is that let that occur.

The second part was made in reference to a poll in the Current Events forum and was not referring to any incident or personal experience. Thanks for the concern. Dave.

browndevil

Does anyone else have the problem of having your handcart stolen by your fellow drivers? In my hub it happens all of the time. I regularly lock mine up in my pkg car at the end of everyday to avoid someone "borrowing" it. Friday I unlocked mine and left the area to take a leak, and when I returned it was gone! Our center manager has tried to remedy this situation by spray painting our center's carts all the same color, and allowing us to put our names on them, but even this doesn't make a difference. I have been a pkg car driver now for 28yrs and never had to lock up anything until the last few years. I guess this is a sign of the times. Is this unique to my area?
Paint it pink. No one will ever steal it again:happy2:

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
Article 18
Section 14. Package Cars
A package car will be equipped with a hand cart at the driver’s request.

not too hard everyone, if your is missing dont leave till your supervisor gets you one.

over9five

Staff member
Article 18
Section 14. Package Cars
A package car will be equipped with a hand cart at the driver’s request.

not too hard everyone, if your is missing dont leave till your supervisor gets you one.

Exactly. It is their responsibility to supply you with a hand cart. Not the other way around.
Also, any of you that spend your own money for a lock and chain are nuts! It's not YOUR hand cart!

...and if there are none to be had, what then?

Been there, done that. It will only happen once. Hit the road (as directed) without one. I did all office buildings in the morning. Called at 3 and told them that due to not having a two wheeler, I'd be starting my p/us with all my h/cs still on board.
They will make sure you have a hand cart everyday after that.

Browndog23

I have driven at ups for 22 years ,and I use my hand cart many times during my shift.There is nothing that ticks me off more theone stealing my handtruck(even after I have blazed my nane in red and put red nda tape on it.)I will see trucks in building at night and it is always in the last truck I look into (if I am lucky).there is nothing worse than getting to a bulk stop ,before realizing that an inconsiderate boob has swiped your hand truick!

City Driver

i am at ups freight and all drivers have to lock our pallet jacks to a rail near the dock office....we bring our own lock so only that driver can move that pallet jack...they would get stolen or moved all the time

8up

i'v seen several good ideas listed here. the Boy Scout motto, of being prepared covers it well. have the center team order a several every month. this takes care of the ones that get broke, lost or stolen. get into a position were there are some extras sitting around the center, then on one will take one off your car in the morning.
i always have one on area as a back up, should the one on car come up missing. this worked until the vacation cover driver took it from the customer when he thought they had stolen it from us. then it disappeared from the center before i got back. that was years ago, now we have it down and keep a couple in the center by ordering every month and then we don't have to have a huge order at the beginning of peak.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
See some of US have a conscience, I just think there should be MORE carts!!
Looking for a cart or 2 wheeler???? CALL 867 5309 ask for jennie!!!! I got your # on the wall you don't know me but you make me so happy !!! WELCOME TO THE B.C Jennie!!!!!:happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2: