Hand Gun

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I was just throwing it out there.

I think it's funny how it's alright for you to bring a gun onto property....because it's you.....

But someone stealing a package is not alright....because it's someone else.

Both are against policy. Neither is alright.

I dont bring guns onto company property. This isnt about me.

Your comparison between a legal gun in someones car vs. committing the criminal act of stealing a package reveals your ignorance and obvious anti-gun bias.

One action is a crime. The other isnt. One action creates a victim. The other doesnt.

You are entitled to think that guns are bad and icky and poopy and yucky, but I find it offensive that you would compare me to a thief or a criminal simply because I choose to excercise a consitutional right.

You state that guns on UPS property violates "policy", yet I have given you several examples that prove this to be either incorrect or unenforceable.

Did I violate "policy" when I brought a gun to work in a box for the purposes of legally shipping it? I notified LP and they allowed me to walk thru the guard shack with it and take it to the customer counter where I paid UPS about $40 to ship it, just like any other customer.

I say no. Management apparently agreed with me, since I made them aware of it and they allowed it to happen. I guess the "policy" must have room in it for some reasonable exceptions.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Sober, you mean he was talkin trash to you insteada me?

I think 9 needs a group hug.............

On the subject of guns, it was a great deal of easy fun for the Germans to find out who had what guns in France. They just went by the court house and got the shopping list.

In other countries it was not that easy, they had to take the guns away from the freedom fighters that were shooting at them.

On a related note, PM me if you want a cool comercial the crooks need to run on gun control. I just dont know how to post it here as a link.

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sober, you mean he was talkin trash to you insteada me?

I think 9 needs a group hug.............

On the subject of guns, it was a great deal of easy fun for the Germans to find out who had what guns in France. They just went by the court house and got the shopping list.

In other countries it was not that easy, they had to take the guns away from the freedom fighters that were shooting at them.

On a related note, PM me if you want a cool comercial the crooks need to run on gun control. I just dont know how to post it here as a link.

d
LOL here's a hug for 095. Danny pls send me the link, I will post it.

over9five

Staff member
I dont bring guns onto company property. This isnt about me.

Your comparison between a legal gun in someones car vs. committing the criminal act of stealing a package reveals your ignorance and obvious anti-gun bias.

I'm ignorant cuz I disagree with Soberups, and I'm anti gun cuz I obey the rules where I work. Wahhhh!
My point is it is against the rules to have a gun in your car at UPS, the same as its against the rules to steal a package. You can't select which rules you obey at work.

One action is a crime. The other isnt. One action creates a victim. The other doesnt.

You are entitled to think that guns are bad and icky and poopy and yucky, but I find it offensive that you would compare me to a thief or a criminal simply because I choose to excercise a consitutional right.

More crying. Everyone here knows I'm a gunowner. Our Constitutional rights are heavily restricted. Do you carry at a Federal building? A post office? A school?

You state that guns on UPS property violates "policy", yet I have given you several examples that prove this to be either incorrect or unenforceable.

Does "unenforcable" make it right to break the rules? What other unenforcable rules does Soberups allow to be broken?
Aren't we good employees, good men who abide by our employers rules while on his property? Or just the rules that you like?

Did I violate "policy" when I brought a gun to work in a box for the purposes of legally shipping it? I notified LP and they allowed me to walk thru the guard shack with it and take it to the customer counter where I paid UPS about $40 to ship it, just like any other customer.

I say no. Management apparently agreed with me, since I made them aware of it and they allowed it to happen. I guess the "policy" must have room in it for some reasonable exceptions.

Agreed. You did the right thing by notifying LP.

screamin chicken

UPS always has a cover up, last year I came back to the center and noiticed these golf ball sizes dents on the hood of my brand new 07 yukon XL from a tree and my manager said I had to claim it on my insurance that ups was not liable for it, it's ups's property they should pay to fix it. (crooks)

Fnix

UPS always has a cover up, last year I came back to the center and noiticed these golf ball sizes dents on the hood of my brand new 07 yukon XL from a tree and my manager said I had to claim it on my insurance that ups was not liable for it, it's ups's property they should pay to fix it. (crooks)

you should have chopped the tree down

screamin chicken

my center is a joke, the reload (10 people) are so slow that if the driver has 20 or less p/ups the driver unloads it while the re loaders eat pizza and bull crap around they do not was the trucks either, I went through a big mud hole fri. and there is mud all over the truck still....

chopstic

He who? Sober? He is right. The law is the law. And in AZ I can open carry any gun anywhere in my vehicle (except those that are prohibited to own by federal law). Even within reach of me as the driver. I understand Sobers point about probable cause. Just like UPS can only drug test under probable cause. They can fabricate all the probable cause they want. In Az I can be held accountable, by law, for violating UPS's policy of no guns on property. That is our law. The only thing that UPS can do to me for violating their policy is fire me and since I do live in Az they can press charges against me. Am I willing to risk my job and possible jail time for that. NO. It's a matter of personal choice. Just like it's a matter of personal choice as to which policies are enforced by UPS.

Do you know that in Az it is not against the law to take a gun into a bank. It is against the law to take a gun into a bar.

Whow! I wasn't aware carrying guns was that restrictive. I knew that it was unlawful to carry in federal facilities and sometimes banks, but i did not know that private establishments could restrict people with legitimate concealed weapons permits. So can any business restrict firearms on their property?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Yes, they can. And in some states like ILL, the state has the right to restrict it.

But I would bet that there are a lot of people thinking that one over this week with what happened over the weekend.

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Whow! I wasn't aware carrying guns was that restrictive. I knew that it was unlawful to carry in federal facilities and sometimes banks, but i did not know that private establishments could restrict people with legitimate concealed weapons permits. So can any business restrict firearms on their property?
Here any property owner has the right to restrict. They either have to post it or request it verbally. Businesses can but very few do. Some governmental facilities have to provide a secure location for firearms if they are prohibited on property. There are nuances between open carry and ccw laws. Like State Parks are no open carry but ccw is ok. Federal Park laws are strange too.

Open carry laws are pretty basic. Any one that is legal to own a gun can open carry. Open carry includes in a vehicle loaded or unloaded in a holster or not. It just has to be communicated (visible). We can carry loaded or unloaded in the glove box, center console or in the map pocket on the door but it has to be in a holster or it's considered concealed. Az law prohibits anyone that has a misdeamenor DV charge or conviction from a CCW permit. That's just a few. There are many more.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
yup. too bad the gun did not jamb before the first shot. A lot of people are alive because it did jamb after the 4th shot, but it was too late for the preacher.

I would think this qualifies as a hate crime, but I would bet that they dont push for it that way.

d

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

In Oregon, a private business can prohibit concealed weapons on its property but there are some pretty strict requirements for signage. There must be signs of a certain size and type at every door. A person who carries in violation of clearly marked "no concealed weapons" signs is guilty of criminal tresspassing. It is kind of a pointless law, since a properly concealed weapon will never be seen and therefore never be an issue to the owner of the property in the first place.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
In Oregon, a private business can prohibit concealed weapons on its property but there are some pretty strict requirements for signage. There must be signs of a certain size and type at every door. A person who carries in violation of clearly marked "no concealed weapons" signs is guilty of criminal tresspassing. It is kind of a pointless law, since a properly concealed weapon will never be seen and therefore never be an issue to the owner of the property in the first place.
I think this was Az idea as well Sober. Not idea, thought. Here it doesn't have to be posted, the property owner can verbally request it. This way if it's not posted no harm done until asked. Here it's a class II misdeamenor. 750 fine / 4 months in jail.

One of our major banks here had it posted, "No Guns". One of our local gun dealers who banks with this bank went to the manager and had numerous letters sent to the corp about the possible lawsuits that would be filed for violating his right to carry, for the possibility of harm done while on bank property (IE being robbed), etc. The bank pulled the signs down. :happy-very: