Hand trucks

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Na. Thinkin bout just starting to leave them at the mailbox. Tired of trying to figure out how to drag a Bow flex up a driveway.
They are required to send you Union help with overweights.

Request the help and bring back the package as missed if they don't send you help. IF all of your coworkers do this then I'll bet a large shipment of hand trucks quickly arrives.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
All good posts. It just causes problems though and management is vindictive. Growing more tired everyday fighting with them cause it falls on deaf ears. I'm not 21 anymore and after 9 years of doing this they body doesn't work like it used to. I've been griping bout this for years and nothing changes. They flat out don't give a :censored2:.
If they are vindictive file more grievances. This really isn't hard.

Stopher

They continue to :censored2: you because you don't handle it properly. Sheet the packages missed if you don't get help. If they tell you to make the delivery then out right refuse. It's a safety concern. Until you make it their problem it won't get fixed.
I hear ya brother. I do this job for my customers that I have come to know and love not for management. I am more concerned about serving the customer than I am am making those butt holes happy. Let's face it, these customers become friends over time.

Indecisi0n

I hear ya brother. I do this job for my customers that I have come to know and love not for management. I am more concerned about serving the customer than I am am making those butt holes happy. Let's face it, these customers become friends over time.
Sorry but you're a sucker anyway you slice it. When you hurt yourself are your friendly customers going to pay your mortgage while you are out on comp?

Stopher

I always stashed my handcart out on route, too many light fingers at the building.
I swing. I prefer it that way. Never know where I will be. Just assign everyone a hand truck. Hell, ill take the the thing home with. Also, a lot of the ones they do have are all busted up.

BrownArmy

I'm cover...

I have my own personal 'hand-truck' MASTERLOCKED to an iron gate in between belts.

I have my last name SHARPIED onto said 'hand truck'.

Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands.

One time I was on vacation and they cut my 'hand-truck' from the iron gate.

When I came back and had no 'hand-truck', I got the steward and the center manager and told them how my day was going to go without a 'hand-truck'.

Got a 'hand-truck' right quick.

OPTION3

They continue to :censored2: you because you don't handle it properly. Sheet the packages missed if you don't get help. If they tell you to make the delivery then out right refuse. It's a safety concern. Until you make it their problem it won't get fixed.
If it's not a problem.......it's not THEIR problem

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I try to avoid getting a brand new two-wheeler. Those have a tendency to walk off. I try to get one that is well broken in. Nobody wants them.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had my mechanic install two eyebolts to the lip of my 4000 shelf, I put a lock on it and it has stayed there ever since. If you are a cover driver, chain one to an approved spot in the building. Technically, all handcarts are company property and they can take a bolt cutter and cut personal locks off, but that seldom happens in my building.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
C'mon. This is a level 1-quick fix. Call the center for driver assistance any time you have an irregular or team-lift heavy pkg. Do this over and over and over. Meanwhile file grievances for improper/unsafe job set up. Solidarity within the ranks is the key, though.