Handicap parking ticket

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by BigWork13, Nov 12, 2015.

1. BigWork13

BigWork13 Member

What is the FedEx express policy for these?

2. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Woof. That's a spendy one too.

3. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Unless he's handicapped.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I think it is a stretch to assume that because he/she works at FE, he/she is automatically handicapped. Is poor decision making a handicap??

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

I believe you're on the hook for that one. I'd choose to double-park before taking a handicapped spot - even though there's always usually way too many of them IMO.

Why do places like Lowes and Home Depot always seem to have about 80 handicapped parking spaces?

6. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I think that would only be true for Ground drivers.

7. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

In my district they've never paid for parking in handicapped parking spaces....fire lanes and double parking, yes.

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Why did you feel the need to park in a handicapped spot?

Yes, the fine will come out of your pocket and the points will go on your license.

9. BigWork13

BigWork13 Member

I was in and out. Everyone I have ever road with has done this and I'm pretty sure you don't get points from parking tickets.

10. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

They did away with the company covering parking tickets years ago here. You're on your own when it comes to anything. Not surprisingly, sph went down on all our downtown routes because they have to spend time circling, looking for a parking spot. Stupidity.

11. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

handicap ticket is all yours, far as I know

12. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

You should be on your own for that. It takes a different breed of :censored2: to park in a handicap spot without a placard.

13. RedAngel

RedAngel Member

Lesson learn don't be like UPS.I like how those guys get to park wherever they want.But overall in OpCo we're responsible for Fire hydrants and handicaps violations only.

14. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

since I retired and my knees deteriorated, I have to use a cane everywhere I go and yes, I have a handicapped placard. I can only walk so far in a day, and I reach my max pretty fast these days. If you parked in a handicapped spot in a place I was going, a parking ticket would be the least of your worries. Ever been beat up by a pist off Santa Claus-looking dude with a silver cane? lol.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  15. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Yeah and Ground is the biggest offender of that.

16. fatboy33

fatboy33 Member

Handicap and Bus stops, I was told come out of your check.

17. fatboy33

fatboy33 Member

Ticket for double parking, Purple pays. Get hit from behind while truck is double parked, preventable. Go figure.

18. Holydriver

Holydriver Active Member

UPS pays for these i think. at least my contract specifies that UPS pays parking tickets. doesnt clarify where you park.

19. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

Our contract clearly specifies that we have no contract.

20. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Our contract clearly specifies that we have many unlimited double standards.