Handicap parking ticket

Indecisi0n

since I retired and my knees deteriorated, I have to use a cane everywhere I go and yes, I have a handicapped placard. I can only walk so far in a day, and I reach my max pretty fast these days. If you parked in a handicapped spot in a place I was going, a parking ticket would be the least of your worries. Ever been beat up by a pist off Santa Claus-looking dude with a silver cane? lol.
All I have to do is lightly jog in a circle for 1 minutes and you'll be too tired to chase me.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The cops in this area are as good as gold when it comes to us and UPS. You can park anywhere on the street as long as you leave enough room for people to go around you and aren't there long. I don't know of any FDX/UPS guy getting ticketed around here for parking, even in a handicapped spot. A UPS guy told me that a cop told him to avoid parking in handicapped spots, but it wouldn't be a big deal if you parked in one as long as you GTFO ASAP and there is at least one other handicapped spot open.

The popo here makes this line of work just a little bit easier.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Where in the BOG is that town, dano??? I don't park in handicap spots, but i do blick fire lanes if i know I'll be right back to my package car asap...

dex 84

I work for express. I got a ticket for blocking a handicap spot. The company paid it.

Is there a difference between blocking a spot and parking in it? I'm more likely to block a spot than to actually park in it. If there's like five empty handicapped spots and I can either block in two of them or block in some parked cars I'll block the empty spots. If four handicapped people show up in the 1 minute I'm in the stop I'd be surprised...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is there a difference between blocking a spot and parking in it? I'm more likely to block a spot than to actually park in it. If there's like five empty handicapped spots and I can either block in two of them or block in some parked cars I'll block the empty spots. If four handicapped people show up in the 1 minute I'm in the stop I'd be surprised...

Can a vehicle safely access one of those spots? If not, then there is no difference between blocking it or parking in it.

whenIgetthere

Even if there are multiple open handicap spots, I will park behind cars parked in non-handicap spots. Not worth the hassle of a ticket.

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
During the PCM 2 weeks ago it was explained to us to NEVER block and/or park in a handicapped space. The center manager went on to explain how she had to fire the employee that was ticketed for doing so.

dex 84

Can a vehicle safely access one of those spots? If not, then there is no difference between blocking it or parking in it.

Well I guess the only difference is that there are 2 spots that they can't access rather than 1. It's obvious I'm coming right back though because the truck is running and the door is open....

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

The ticket is the same if you are even breaking the plane of the white line running along the long side of the parking space. This is what I did. It was totally a mistake.

I treat handicap parking spaces like gold now. The ticket is huge. I don't ever block one and I certainly would never consider actually parking in one. I'll just block in parked cars, I do it all the time.

rod

Retired 22 years
During the PCM 2 weeks ago it was explained to us to NEVER block and/or park in a handicapped space. The center manager went on to explain how she had to fire the employee that was ticketed for doing so.

Seriously?---she told you she HAD too. I say she's full of BS.

rod

Retired 22 years
I totally agree with the need for handicap parking places but some of those big box stores get carried away with the number of them they have. There are a lot of people who cheat using them also. Every year I spend 3 or 4 hours standing out front of the local Walmart selling poppies for the VFW. Its always amazing at the number of healthy people who park up front who you know are using grandmas car just because it has handicap plates on it. One of the funniest things I ever saw was 2 fat "handicapped?" people fighting over one of those electric handicap shopping carts. It looked like the Rousey vs. Holms fight .

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I totally agree with the need for handicap parking places but some of those big box stores get carried away with the number of them they have. There are a lot of people who cheat using them also. Every year I spend 3 or 4 hours standing out front of the local Walmart selling poppies for the VFW. Its always amazing at the number of healthy people who park up front who you know are using grandmas car just because it has handicap plates on it. One of the funniest things I ever saw was 2 fat "handicapped?" people fighting over one of those electric handicap shopping carts. It looked like the Rousey vs. Holms fight .

I swear I see more "handicapped" people parking in handicapped spots that can walk much easier than I can. I'm not joking.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Has anyone ever once seen anyone on one of those electric carts whose asscheeks weren't dragging the floor?

Once they're all finished shopping they seem to waddle out to their automobiles just fine.

Instead of the sign over the cart area that says "for our preferred customers" (what?..really?..these are the store's preferred customers?..should I feel slighted?.....oh I get it - it's cuz they're buying more food than me), it should say something like "for our grossly obese customers who are too fat and lazy to push a normal cart like the rest of y'all".