Handlers driving

I've been noticing handlers not coming in the time we start. They come in with all the driver's. I heard after awhile they'll ask preloaders to drive during peak. This true?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Seem I do this year round. Even more so with drivers laid off.
I don't think that would fly in our building,it's a shame drivers are being laid off though
Drivers are guaranteed 8 hours of work. If there is not enough work they are laid off.

That would not fly in our center either, unless the drivers are able to work on the inside to get their hours. I would much rather work Code 05 on road than get my 8 in the building.

PT Car Washer

That would not fly in our center either, unless the drivers are able to work on the inside to get their hours. I would much rather work Code 05 on road than get my 8 in the building.
Oh there is lots of work inside the building to do. That is the problem. Lots of work. Rather driver around in circles.

oldngray

nowhere special
05 is actual hours worked (for when you work less than 8 and don't want your usual 8 hour guarantee). 06 is normal full time code.

box_beeyotch

Why would anyone ever do that? You're guaranteed 8 regardless of if there is work or not, get your hours and make your money. That's the purpose of a union for Christ sake.