Handlers driving

oldngray

nowhere special
Why would anyone ever do that? You're guaranteed 8 regardless of if there is work or not, get your hours and make your money. That's the purpose of a union for Christ sake.

Sometimes there isn't enough work for 8 hours and you agree to work actual. Or you might want off early if possible. You could make them work you 8 but why would you want to stick around and sweep floors on Christmas Eve?

box_beeyotch

Most of the time in my center if we work less than 8, they just pay us our guarantee time. Happens to me usually once a week in the regular season.

box_beeyotch

Pretty sure. When I've had layoff days I would sometimes come in and work local sort in the evening and my pay rate has never changed. If you're not qualified with your 30 days, then I believe you go back to the low wage.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If more drivers would demand their 8 hrs a day and work every day, they wouldn't have as many PTers that knew routes to help during peak, as a result creating more FT swing drivers. Instead we have FT drivers happy to go home 3 days a week and letting the company essentially fill FT slots with PT workers.