handshake agreement with 705

United Parcel Service reached a tentative agreement with Chicago-based Teamsters Local 705 on a new contract covering roughly 11,000 drivers, package handlers and other part-time and full-time workers just hours ahead of a strike deadline, the parties said Thursday.

Workers' hourly pay currently ranges between roughly $8.50 and $28. That would rise $4 over the life of the five-year contract, Local 705 Secretary-Treasurer Steve Pocztowski said. The deal also includes improved pension benefits, an extra week of vacation plus an extra day off, he said.

The proposal will be voted on by workers within the next five weeks, Pocztowski said.

The union had vowed to strike at 12:01 Friday morning if an agreement was not reached.

UPS reached a tentative agreement with Teamsters Local 710 on a new five-year contract covering about 6,500 workers in Illinois, Indiana and Iowa on Tuesday.

That five-year agreement includes a more than 4 percent increase in wages and benefits and places limits on forced overtime, Chicago-based Teamsters 710 Secretary-Treasurer Pat Flynn said earlier this week. It also "dramatically increases part-time workers' health and welfare coverage," he said.

Beat'n Black n Brown

8 weeks vacation....xtra prsnl day.....are we getting our raises all on aug 1st.....instead of split??????? Cant wait to see the contract.......can we follow our route if it changes by 25%...lots of questions..... THANKS TO ALL THAT WERE AT THE TABLE.......

Pollocknbrown

nothing personal but.....who needs 1/6 of the year off? i retract that statement.....i understand the work especially if you've been there for 30 years can be horrid on your body, but do people really need 8 weeks vaca, plus im gonna assuming, 5 rover holiday (can maybe be used as a week of vaca) and at least 5 sick and 5 personal, thats 11 weeks of essentially. The president doesnt even get that much time off (well this one always seems to be at his ranch so hes the exception).

Last edited:

steeltoe

nothing personal but.....who needs 1/6 of the year off? i retract that statement.....i understand the work especially if you've been there for 30 years can be horrid on your body, but do people really need 8 weeks vaca, plus im gonna assuming, 5 rover holiday (can maybe be used as a week of vaca) and at least 5 sick and 5 personal, thats 11 weeks of essentially. The president doesnt even get that much time off (well this one always seems to be at his ranch so hes the exception).

Do people really need any vacation at all? Why would you question amount of time needed for vacation? Need has nothing to do with it. Do you really need that new car, or new house? No, I don't, but it is what I wanted and what I got. Need, Neeed, Need, what one needs and what one wants are two different things and no one has the right to tell me what I need. I know what I need. I do not know what you need and I do not need to know it either.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
8 weeks vacation....xtra prsnl day.....are we getting our raises all on aug 1st.....instead of split??????? Cant wait to see the contract.......can we follow our route if it changes by 25%...lots of questions..... THANKS TO ALL THAT WERE AT THE TABLE.......
It's actually a 7th week of vacation for those with 30 years of service, plus the (existing) optional paid week.

Beat'n Black n Brown

Do people really need any vacation at all? Why would you question amount of time needed for vacation? Need has nothing to do with it. Do you really need that new car, or new house? No, I don't, but it is what I wanted and what I got. Need, Neeed, Need, what one needs and what one wants are two different things and no one has the right to tell me what I need. I know what I need. I do not know what you need and I do not need to know it either.

nicely said.....:peaceful:

tyugar

This is not about what we need but what we deserve. No one needs anything but food and water when you boil it down.

worldwide

Can anyone from 705 or 710 address this?

What is wrong with the national agreement and the agreement that 710 signed? What SPECIFICALLY in those agreements does 710 object to? What do they want instead of those objectionable items?

What does 710 want different that what is in the national agreement and the 710 agreement?

Why should 705 and 710 be treated any different than the rest of the UPS Temsters? The job is the same across the US, is it not?

tieguy

Banned
its not the point of being different ..its the point of keeping what we have....fight for what you believe in........705 fought and won......

So you're saying 710 did not fight? You're saying you had to scare peoples financial well being across the country to settle your contract when 710 got it done quietly.

Are you saying 710 pussed out?