handshake agreement with 705

Can anyone from 705 or 710 address this?

What is wrong with the national agreement and the agreement that 710 signed? What SPECIFICALLY in those agreements does 710 object to? What do they want instead of those objectionable items?

What does 710 want different that what is in the national agreement and the 710 agreement?

Why should 705 and 710 be treated any different than the rest of the UPS Temsters? The job is the same across the US, is it not?

There are multiple threads addressing this for anyone to read who arrived late to the party. Did you remember the chips?

over9five

Staff member
I think it's lame you guys did all that posturing, and then caved 11th hour for ten cents.
You should be WALKING tomorrow!

I think it's lame you guys did all that posturing, and then caved 11th hour for ten cents.
You should be WALKING tomorrow!

Your comprehension is just a tick off. The post was that "710 received an EXTRA .10 OVER the national for a TOTAL of .80" Is that legible or do I need to do an interpretive dance?

705 reached a handshake agreement this morning for EXACTLY the same money per hour raise as the national.

Ok? Caught up? Great,thank you for your concern.

over9five

Staff member
My comprehension is just fine, thank you!

Let me re-phrase:

All that posturing for a piddly ten cents more than the national!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

(Honestly, I thought you guys meant it when you spewed all that unity talk! "We'll settle this on the streets!" I was expecting something BIG! What a joke! I guess none of you had the intestinal fortitude for that! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!)

Tie called it from Day One.

My comprehension is just fine, thank you!

Let me re-phrase:

All that posturing for a piddly ten cents more than the national!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

(Honestly, I thought you guys meant it when you spewed all that unity talk! "We'll settle this on the streets!" I was expecting something BIG! What a joke! I guess none of you had the intestinal fortitude for that! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!)

Tie called it from Day One.

Actually your comprehension is off. 710 got the .10,no posturing. We stood our ground and got everything we asked for.

Tie was off by a country mile.

Bloodybrown

Actually your comprehension is off. 710 got the .10,no posturing. We stood our ground and got everything we asked for.

Tie was off by a country mile.

CACH, I am curious to see what you got. You know some of the things you were fighting for, is already in place around parts of the country. I am very pleased that the strike was averted, now we will see if tie was off by a country mile or if Red is going to start pounding the drums of victory??

CACH, I am curious to see what you got. You know some of the things you were fighting for, is already in place around parts of the country. I am very pleased that the strike was averted, now we will see if tie was off by a country mile or if Red is going to start pounding the drums of victory??

The last I talked to Red they were finalizing the details. I`ll let him post them exactly so they can be interpreted correctly. I made a mistake and mentioned the 710 .10 cent thing and we see how well that turned out.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hey guys, I'm just curious, did those 2 locals get better deals than the national contract that was negotiated earlier this year?

It wouldn't take much to declare their contract as better than the National Master. Personally I hope it is. I don't begrudge them for holding out till the deadline for the best possible deal. The rest of us got hosed in the internationals' haste to negotiate an early contract. We were sold out in order to get a card check agreement with UPS freight and a cash infusion to Central States. To many concessions were made that will likely never be recovered.

satellitedriver

10 cents. Cool.
Y'all really showed them.
I thought one the major parts of this was about how the PT's start at $8:50 and get no bennies for a year?
Did that change in this separate contract?
Were the unborn protected?
I won't read your separate contract because I feel this major point will be all explained away.

705red

Browncafe Steward
First off no one ever wanted to strike, but we were prepared to strike to protect what we have. It was a long two month process with nothing getting done until the very early hours this morning. We accepted a handshake agreement before start time for our package car drivers so they could inform the customers that we reached an agreement. Load stand you can piss on out of here because you obviously had no idea what we were fighting for. Heres some of the agreements.

All ftime jobs created from 1997 through this agreement are protected from elimination,
Any feeder driver that gets laid off now can bump anywere in the 705 juristication (previously it was within district),
Any employee that gets laid off will maintain their current rate of pay,
any fulltimer can bid into any other ftime job up or down in pay,
No subcontracting of any work if we have union employees willing to do and available hours (this is huge),
We will regain the cross country feeder work,
triple time for 9.5 with no opt in or out list,
A letter of understanding in the contract detailing that air drivers cannot deliver or pick up grounds,
no 2 tier pay scales for anyone (everyone in the classification will make the same), no ptime package drivers (which was offered by the company),
expedited arbitration ( anyone that is disciplined and goes to panel will have an arbitrator sitting there and will make a decision if the two sides deadlock on the spot)
an additional week of vacation for 30 years of service and an extra optional day for all employees,
stronger swing driver language detailing seniority rights,
We retain our seniority language compared to the companies proposal,
All feeder drivers can now have c.b radios
no on call feeder drivers
We received the same economic proposal that the national received and improved on alot of our language protecting our jobs, work place rights, and contract enforcement. We also do not have act of god or emergency conditions language under article 3 section 7 for sups working, they are not allowed to work period.

As i have said it was never about the money, and i would like to thank those of you that have supported us through out these talks. I am spent and plan on spending some time with my family over the next few days. Also im very impressed with the solidarity of all of my fellow brothers and sisters in 705 that supported all of us on the negotiating committee and i only hope that you understand that we addressed alot of issues without giving up anything! No jobs were traded away, no one was sold out as in the 2 tier pay scales and we as 705 upsers can stand proud. I hope that we on the committee represented you and all of your concerns. Now lets go out there and get some sales leads and help make more money for the next contract. Red

10 cents. Cool.
Y'all really showed them.
I thought one the major parts of this was about how the PT's start at $8:50 and get no bennies for a year?
Did that change in this separate contract?
Were the unborn protected?
I won't read your separate contract because I feel this major point will be all explained away.

Sat I really wish you and the others would please pay attention to the fact that it was local 710 got the extra dime. We,the guys every one has been bashing,got the SAME pay raise as you all.

drewed

Shankman
Sat I really wish you and the others would please pay attention to the fact that it was local 710 got the extra dime. We,the guys every one has been bashing,got the SAME pay raise as you all.

And the 710 deserves the dime, im sure the 705 cost us a lot more in lost revenue

drewed

Shankman
Dude,time to give it up. If we want a :censored2: we`ll call Summer`s Eve and have them deliver.

Im just stating the fact
Im glad all this shiet is over
We can get back to joking and bsing about the UPS world no worrying about whats gonna happen next week.
Who needs a hug? Tie and Red you start us off ;)

705red

Browncafe Steward
And the 710 deserves the dime, im sure the 705 cost us a lot more in lost revenue
As always you put your foot in your mouth! You show your imature age when again you do not realize that this is the time to heal relations and better the company from both sides. It takes two sides to settle on an agreement and during the talks there will be heated debates. No need for them now!

As you can see if you can comprehend the words that you read you will see that i said it was never about the money. My main concerns as many others was the language. we asked for the same that the national originally asked for and our brothers and sisters in 710 asked for.

We are happy with the offer that both sides could agree on and move forward to better this company. If you have nothing of substance to say maybe you should go back in front of the mirror and pop some zits then come back when you have become a man.

satellitedriver

I said I did not read your contract.
What about the unborn at 705?
Red was willing to shut the nation down for their rights and language that only applied to the living Upser.
Well, at least Red was able to save the day and get par with NMA.
Same starting pay and bennies for the unborn under the NMA, I guess.

I said I did not read your contract.
What about the unborn at 705?
Red was willing to shut the nation down for their rights and language that only applied to the living Upser.
Well, at least Red was able to save the day and get par with NMA.
Same starting pay and bennies for the unborn under the NMA, I guess.

Be careful at work tomorrow,watch out for the tumbleweeds.