handshake agreement with 705

tourists24

I`m not trying to argue with you,that`s why I said back in the day. When I was in pkg there was no such thing as testing,etc. We did it because our mgmt team expected it of us. Thats also why I said "directly surrounding". Technically it`s off area but if it`s a mile down the same street I`m on,they wanted service made. Obviously I didn`t go to the next town unless it was an air package,those were no questions asked-go deliver. Package has changed so much since I left I`m surprised the trucks are even the same color.
you are so right cach... customer service meant something once. Now everything is about the almighty $ above service (just look at the exchanges above). You cant even drive to lunch without permission if it's not on trace, else you're a thief.

Bloodybrown

I`m not trying to argue with you,that`s why I said back in the day. When I was in pkg there was no such thing as testing,etc. We did it because our mgmt team expected it of us. Thats also why I said "directly surrounding". Technically it`s off area but if it`s a mile down the same street I`m on,they wanted service made. Obviously I didn`t go to the next town unless it was an air package,those were no questions asked-go deliver. Package has changed so much since I left I`m surprised the trucks are even the same color.

Wow that must have been long ago.....99.9% of the time the driver will be told to make the delivery. We just want the drivers to let us know they have one and then be directed on what to do with it. We still want to service our customers and believe it or not our service is better than it ever was. That's what technology has done.

BigBrownSanta

There is a much simpler way of resolving the padding miles while on personal time issue.

It would require that UPS do a little work, therefore, it will probably never happen.

Drivers would be required to put their ending miles in the diad when they punch out for lunch, and put their beginning miles when they punch back in for lunch. The miles used during lunch would not be used for the planned day.

Hmmmm....

tourists24

You may not view it as dishonesty, but if you are told to not do something like drive a few miles off area and you continue to do it. You not working as directed, insubordination, are grounds for termination or some time off without pay.
I guess I have to agree with you on this part... if instructed to do so then you have to comply and then file. Then it has to run the grievance route. Something that could be worked out center level, but if you're saying zero travel time to lunch or it's dishonestly padding, then I guess a driver would have no choice. As the old saying goes, work now, grieve later

Bloodybrown

There is a much simpler way of resolving the padding miles while on personal time issue.

It would require that UPS do a little work, therefore, it will probably never happen.

Drivers would be required to put their ending miles in the diad when they punch out for lunch, and put their beginning miles when they punch back in for lunch. The miles used during lunch would not be used for the planned day.

Hmmmm....

Who pays for gas:happy-very:

Bloodybrown

I guess I have to agree with you on this part... if instructed to do so then you have to comply and then file. Then it has to run the grievance route. Something that could be worked out center level, but if you're saying zero travel time to lunch or it's dishonestly padding, then I guess a driver would have no choice. As the old saying goes, work now, grieve later

Hey we agree:happy2:

705red

Browncafe Steward
I would love to add my 2 cents but its all been covered. Bloody just throw in the towel even i cant jump in on this one, but i will call 911 because your getting a good beating here.

705red

Browncafe Steward
package cars are pretty cheap are they?

Duh uh da okie dokie. So if the manager does not split out routes then its ok to use part time air drivers to pickup and deliver packages.

Back to point one Red. Try to keep up

What is your point? In the 1st sentence you ask if package cars are cheap.

Then you ask again if its ok when the routes are in to use ptime air drivers. ( which i will still say no to).

Would these air drivers be pulling radio flyer wagons to and from the buildings? Or would they be using package cars to like the package car driver?

Now that i have just shot your argument full of holes, i will await your reply.

tieguy

Banned
I would love to add my 2 cents but its all been covered. Bloody just throw in the towel even i cant jump in on this one, but i will call 911 because your getting a good beating here.

That was a little odd. the last seven or eight posts looks like their all agreeing and then this post pops up where you act like there is a fight going on?

Bloodybrown

Making that comment solidifies that you are a joke!!! Your a want to be big time teamster that is brainwashed by you locals leadership ! !..I clasify you as a communist!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Making that comment solidifies that you are a joke!!! Your a want to be big time teamster that is brainwashed by you locals leadership ! !..I clasify you as a communist!!
On my! How will i ever sleep tonight knowing that a supervisor that has his head stuck between his legs dislikes me? Like a rock!

You can always transfer back to chicago, we havent has a sup like you to deal with in quite some time.

Bloodybrown

On my! How will i ever sleep tonight knowing that a supervisor that has his head stuck between his legs dislikes me? Like a rock!

You can always transfer back to chicago, we havent has a sup like you to deal with in quite some time.

I can only hope to deal with you someday......your a punk ! !....and you know it ! !

tieguy

Banned
What is your point? In the 1st sentence you ask if package cars are cheap.

Then you ask again if its ok when the routes are in to use ptime air drivers. ( which i will still say no to).

Would these air drivers be pulling radio flyer wagons to and from the buildings? Or would they be using package cars to like the package car driver?

Now that i have just shot your argument full of holes, i will await your reply.

Sounds like attention span issues on your part. Follow the chain back and reread everything and it will explain all. I'm tired of trying to teach you simple economics.
teaching you simple economics is too difficult. A rock in my back yard is a much more receptive student.